kitt

Visitation letter for family in jamaica

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone ever send and invitation letter to jamaica and family get a visa.or even if u kno anyone who hve done it before.I'm planin and sendin one for my neice who is 18 yrs old and my brother.I was gona let my lawyer type up the letter.pls let me kno how the process goes thaank u.

Lisamavicky

Forget the letter, they must apply base on their own merit. Letter does no good for a visitor visa. Don't waste money on a lawyer typing up a letter.

Kitt, you are from Jamaica how many family and friends in Jamaica do you know that has a visitor visa. If they have one , what do they have that ties them to Jamaicca.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can type up whatever you wish, DO NOT send an I134 or I864 ever for a visitors visa. You can offer then a place and invite them to such and such event. However it is on them to convince the embassy that they must be returning when their stay is up. From many cocuntries that is nearly impossible for single young people even more so when they have close family in the US.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Does anyone ever send and invitation letter to jamaica and family get a visa.or even if u kno anyone who hve done it before.I'm planin and sendin one for my neice who is 18 yrs old and my brother.I was gona let my lawyer type up the letter.pls let me kno how the process goes thaank u.

Each of them applys on their merits alone. Each must PROVE beyond a doubt they MUST return. This can be very hard to do especially for an 18 year old. Its unlikely they will be granted a tourist visa.

A letter from a lawyer is a total waste of time and money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I always wonder where people come up with the idea that an invitation letter will get someone a visitor visa...

The same people that think getting pregnant speeds things up and is proof that they have a relationship.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Prior to 9/11 and years back an invitation letter was one of the requirements for a visitor visa in some countries. Since most people don't keep abreast with immigration/visa process and procedures, people use what others tells them.

Only a small percentage of each country population ever tries to obtain a visitor visa, therefore only a selected few know of the process and procedures.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please listen to what everyone is telling you. A invitation letter will NOT get them anywhere so it is a waste of money to have a lawyer type one up.

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.