SarAyouBliss

MENA, Casablanca Morocco -Second interview with a second 221(g)

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you have been married for 2 or more years when you have a second interview after you may get reaffirmed and the result of the interview is an approval, you will be issued an IR-1 visa. Entering the US on an IR-1 visa will result in the issuing of a green card that will be valid for 10 years. No need to remove conditions after two years, that is the big difference between IR-1 and CR-1 visas.

I advice you to have her visit you again while you are waiting and stay for a few weeks, then go back and get a second job to increase income

or look for another job and also line up a co sponsor.

Why throw a chance of a reaffirmation out the window ? Be patient and wait it out and take time to think things through.Your petition will not expire like K1's do so just have her visit, spend time together and relax and read the links I gave you previously. I don't think the USCIS decision will take a year. I have seen some reaffirmed after just a couple of months. If possible have her visit the embassy and speak to the CO if she comes to see you

just to let them know she is there, you will more than likely have a second interview.

In next week it will be our 2nd marriage anniversary,

we won't throw a chance of a reaffirmation out the window, I myself was surprised they scheduled a second interview for me in just 36 days from the first interview, 1st was on Aug 23, 2012 - 2nd Sept 27 2012, i got 221(g) x 2 in less than 2 months, the first 221(g)didn't say anything about a return to the USCIS for AP, but it said my case needs AP, i thought it would take 6 months to have a chance for a 2nd interview but it took only 36 days, i don't see the reason why the CO wasn't frank at the first interview and simply inform me that my wife is ineligible to sponsor me knowing that the only Bona Fide documents they asked for was the evidences of communications (emails, IM logs, cards,etc...), I've heard that the NVC rejected affidavit of support of petitioners who are ineligible to sponsor their spouses, why the NVC didn't reject our affidavit of support??

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/2687-221g/

Read ~kiyah~ 's thread and all the links in her signature on her profile. The thread is very old but the info is still good.

You can also enter " returned petitions " in the VJ search and find valuable info on how to give a rebuttal for USCIS if given the chance.

I checked Kiyah's posts, very informative, thank you

• 1 month later...
Timeline

It IS hard to anticipate... for all of us in our process. Sometimes it is better to try not to anticipate but be less emotional and more practical when it comes to our decisions. It is hard, trust me I know.

I think you might as well wait and see the final outcome of your application you have already submitted, assuming she can find a cosponsor. I believe this is your biggest obstacle both now, and in the future. Without a cosponsor you may very well need her to have three qualified working years herself regardless. She was not just borderline, her past years were way under the minimum.

It is unlikely she would just be able to pick up and move overseas without some planning on her end anyway. She has to have the funds for the plane ticket, putting everything in storage, or moving it… possibly selling it, getting personal affairs in order – bills she currently has may need to be paid off (since she most likely will have a difficult time paying them overseas), etc. Also there is the case of her and any visa/paperwork from your country for her to stay there long term. She can always start paying things off and saving for her plane ticket now, also check into your countries rules – that way you guys are doing something constructive in the meantime while you wait for the final decision of your original application. She should also work on who she knows that would be willing to cosponsor.

I am sorry but I really have no opinion on how many years she should spend over there minimum.

Hello, i have an update, i hope this reply reaches you.

We finally found a joint/co sponsor who meets the financial criteria and has been consistently working for the last 10 years, how to get our co-sponsor involved knowing that our petition has been shipped in a diplomatic pouch on October 1st , 2012. thanks in advance for your response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello, i have an update, i hope this reply reaches you.

We finally found a joint/co sponsor who meets the financial criteria and has been consistently working for the last 10 years, how to get our co-sponsor involved knowing that our petition has been shipped in a diplomatic pouch on October 1st , 2012. thanks in advance for your response.

I am no expert here as I never went through that. Based on what I have read here though you will have to wait until the diplomatic pouch reaches it's destination before anything else can be done. Once you guys are contacted you should be able to move forward.

• 8 months later...
Timeline

I am no expert here as I never went through that. Based on what I have read here though you will have to wait until the diplomatic pouch reaches it's destination before anything else can be done. Once you guys are contacted you should be able to move forward.

Hello, hope everything is good for you.

Good news, our case was reaffirmed on May, so we overcame the NOIR without appeal, and now i have my next interview on Aug 2013, i just wanted to share it with you, you've been a good factual adviser yet positive, thanks so much MedRoni.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello, hope everything is good for you.

Good news, our case was reaffirmed on May, so we overcame the NOIR without appeal, and now i have my next interview on Aug 2013, i just wanted to share it with you, you've been a good factual adviser yet positive, thanks so much MedRoni.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! energy.gif

What great news.... and during Ramadan! All things happen according to the God's plan!!!!

PLEASE keep us posted as to how the interview goes and make sure to prepare well!

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! energy.gif

What great news.... and during Ramadan! All things happen according to the God's plan!!!!

PLEASE keep us posted as to how the interview goes and make sure to prepare well!

yeah, Ramadan is a blessed month, i will keep you posted, promise!

Congratulations and may God bless your interview!

Yeah, the reaffirmation for us is such a miracle, thanks for your support, blesses!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.