SarAyouBliss

MENA, Casablanca Morocco -Second interview with a second 221(g)

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You have no idea the sadness and heart aching we're experiencing, i'm glad you are able to go live in your husband's country, i wish my wife could, in fact we tried landing us here in my country which was the plan from the beginning, just recently i asked her to come live with me here and we will figure out what to do depending on how things will be, she simply thought that i'm irresponsible and that i don't consider her feelings when i asked her that question, because she had a really bad experience here, that point is complicated, really complicated.

Thank you, and good luck

Sorry to tell you we deeply know the sadness of being far away from each other not being able to wake and look at each other everyday.I live alone with my daughter's.I have friends but I don't go around hanging out.I'm lonely without my husband.If your wife don't want to go there to be with you even if having bad experience what does that tell you? I had bad experience in Egypt before scarey matter of fact but I keep on going to see my husband.why??? Because he is the love of my life who I wanna spend the rest of my life with so some bad experience would never stop me from going there.Anyway good luck and GOD bless :thumbs:

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thank you,

My wife is in the process to get the senator and/or congressman involved, and we hope her company will give her a Christmas leave to visit me, we used her only leave of 2012 to help me online prepare for the first interview.

I noticed that you are applying for a K-1 visa, are you sure the same procedures applies for the CR-1/IR-1 visa?

Im sorry to know your case has been returned, you're not the only, apparently 99% of spousal & fiance visas are denied at MENA countries, or other 3rd world countries.

Well it is not that high, not 99% by no means, but definitely higher in third countries.... more fraud therefore more scrutiny and refusals.

Not sure what you mean by " are you sure the same procedures applies for the CR-1/IR-1 visa?"

If you mean the procedure of handling returned cases, a CR1/IR1 has much better chances to be reaffirmed as they do not expire.

USCIS usually let's K1's expire without reaffirmation ( especially CSC ) and say you can file again. Therefore your chances with the CR1 are much better than mine for reaffirmation.

In the MENA forum are several pinned threads about returned cases with lots of helpful advice. You both need to read them.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/2687-221g/

Read ~kiyah~ 's thread and all the links in her signature on her profile. The thread is very old but the info is still good.

You can also enter " returned petitions " in the VJ search and find valuable info on how to give a rebuttal for USCIS if given the chance.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Sorry to tell you we deeply know the sadness of being far away from each other not being able to wake and look at each other everyday.I live alone with my daughter's.I have friends but I don't go around hanging out.I'm lonely without my husband.If your wife don't want to go there to be with you even if having bad experience what does that tell you? I had bad experience in Egypt before scarey matter of fact but I keep on going to see my husband.why??? Because he is the love of my life who I wanna spend the rest of my life with so some bad experience would never stop me from going there.Anyway good luck and GOD bless :thumbs:

I kind of thought the same thing here. I would go in a heartbeat if necessary.

You had said your wife had a bad experience there, but you also said where she lives now she has fears of being followed and attacked, she lives with drug dealers in the neighborhood, she is afraid of being robbed... of being alone. I can't imagine that actually being with you in your country would be worse then that... even with the bad experience in the past.

I would trust my husband 1000% he would not let anything bad happen to me. What it boils down to is depending on your outcome she may not have a choice. If she truly loves you and needs to she will come. After a few years and you have enough proof, the two of you can return here together.

Now with that said... let's hope it doesn't come to that~!! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

99%?

It is fairly unusual to see denials.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I kind of thought the same thing here. I would go in a heartbeat if necessary.

You had said your wife had a bad experience there, but you also said where she lives now she has fears of being followed and attacked, she lives with drug dealers in the neighborhood, she is afraid of being robbed... of being alone. I can't imagine that actually being with you in your country would be worse then that... even with the bad experience in the past.

I would trust my husband 1000% he would not let anything bad happen to me. What it boils down to is depending on your outcome she may not have a choice. If she truly loves you and needs to she will come. After a few years and you have enough proof, the two of you can return here together.

Now with that said... let's hope it doesn't come to that~!! :yes:

Ok, but then, in the future after couple of years living here, how can she sponsor me not living in the U.S? The rate of incomes here is low comparing to U.S in case she finds a job here knowing that she speaks only english and little spanish, but she will have to learn arabic or french in order to do well in job? is it a possibility, in the future to mingle our incomes to submit an international tax, do u have any idea?

in 1 week our marriage will have 2nd anniversary, because we got married on October 11, 2010, will our petition automatically switch to IR-1?

Thanks

Timeline

Go back first and get a job or use a co sponsor.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Ok, but then, in the future after couple of years living here, how can she sponsor me not living in the U.S? The rate of incomes here is low comparing to U.S in case she finds a job here knowing that she speaks only english and little spanish, but she will have to learn arabic or french in order to do well in job? is it a possibility, in the future to mingle our incomes to submit an international tax, do u have any idea?

in 1 week our marriage will have 2nd anniversary, because we got married on October 11, 2010, will our petition automatically switch to IR-1?

Thanks

Boiler is correct, after the few years are up your wife will have to go back and get a job, or she can have someone be a cosponsor for her. It may not be the easiest route, but it is a route. She could possibly teach English over there, there are programs out there for that. It is something to check into anyway. As for her learning the language over there - I am sure she would pick it up pretty quickly. I was amazed how much French and Arabic I had already learned from my husband. I didn't think so until I was over there. :blink:

Hang in there, you never know yet - it might all work out just fine from this end. Either way as mentioned before she might start looking for a cosponsor now for the next review. Good Luck!

Timeline

Either

It does not sound she has much to go back for.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Boiler is correct, after the few years are up your wife will have to go back and get a job, or she can have someone be a cosponsor for her. It may not be the easiest route, but it is a route. She could possibly teach English over there, there are programs out there for that. It is something to check into anyway. As for her learning the language over there - I am sure she would pick it up pretty quickly. I was amazed how much French and Arabic I had already learned from my husband. I didn't think so until I was over there. :blink:

Hang in there, you never know yet - it might all work out just fine from this end. Either way as mentioned before she might start looking for a cosponsor now for the next review. Good Luck!

Good, In your opinion, how many years for her (minimum) to spend here before filing for an IR-1?

it's just a matter of 6 months to determine , i get the visa or get her to me

do u think we can save time if we get her to live with me here ASAP? without waiting for the USCIS to reaffirm or not - NOID/NOIR, (6months from now). we will feel bad if the chance for a next interview in 6 months is possible, but to not feel bad she has to remain in the US in her job, she's ineligible to sponsor me anyway as she made $14,000.00 in 2011, it seems to me that since she needs a co-sponsor why waste time trying to be eligible (by the end of 2012 she will have made enough for only 1 year of the 3 years the CO look at, that means she will have to work steadily the whole 2013 and 2014 to have the 3 years fully covered) noway!!!! what pushes me to say this is because i don't see any co-sponsor out there, and i don't know if we can use my share of property that i have here.

we discussed that even last year, hopefully a co-sponsor appears very soon to rescue us, otherwise we have two choices, one of them is not an option, and the other is to get her to live with me.

It's hard to anticipate

Timeline

She either can sponsor you or use a co sponsor. See I864

For an IR1 you need to be married 2 years, not 1 year.

Timeline

If you have been married for 2 or more years when you have a second interview after you may get reaffirmed and the result of the interview is an approval, you will be issued an IR-1 visa. Entering the US on an IR-1 visa will result in the issuing of a green card that will be valid for 10 years. No need to remove conditions after two years, that is the big difference between IR-1 and CR-1 visas.

I advice you to have her visit you again while you are waiting and stay for a few weeks, then go back and get a second job to increase income

or look for another job and also line up a co sponsor.

Why throw a chance of a reaffirmation out the window ? Be patient and wait it out and take time to think things through.Your petition will not expire like K1's do so just have her visit, spend time together and relax and read the links I gave you previously. I don't think the USCIS decision will take a year. I have seen some reaffirmed after just a couple of months. If possible have her visit the embassy and speak to the CO if she comes to see you

just to let them know she is there, you will more than likely have a second interview.

Spoiler

Timeline

Good, In your opinion, how many years for her (minimum) to spend here before filing for an IR-1?

it's just a matter of 6 months to determine , i get the visa or get her to me

do u think we can save time if we get her to live with me here ASAP? without waiting for the USCIS to reaffirm or not - NOID/NOIR, (6months from now). we will feel bad if the chance for a next interview in 6 months is possible, but to not feel bad she has to remain in the US in her job, she's ineligible to sponsor me anyway as she made $14,000.00 in 2011, it seems to me that since she needs a co-sponsor why waste time trying to be eligible (by the end of 2012 she will have made enough for only 1 year of the 3 years the CO look at, that means she will have to work steadily the whole 2013 and 2014 to have the 3 years fully covered) noway!!!! what pushes me to say this is because i don't see any co-sponsor out there, and i don't know if we can use my share of property that i have here.

we discussed that even last year, hopefully a co-sponsor appears very soon to rescue us, otherwise we have two choices, one of them is not an option, and the other is to get her to live with me.

It's hard to anticipate

It IS hard to anticipate... for all of us in our process. Sometimes it is better to try not to anticipate but be less emotional and more practical when it comes to our decisions. It is hard, trust me I know.

I think you might as well wait and see the final outcome of your application you have already submitted, assuming she can find a cosponsor. I believe this is your biggest obstacle both now, and in the future. Without a cosponsor you may very well need her to have three qualified working years herself regardless. She was not just borderline, her past years were way under the minimum.

It is unlikely she would just be able to pick up and move overseas without some planning on her end anyway. She has to have the funds for the plane ticket, putting everything in storage, or moving it… possibly selling it, getting personal affairs in order – bills she currently has may need to be paid off (since she most likely will have a difficult time paying them overseas), etc. Also there is the case of her and any visa/paperwork from your country for her to stay there long term. She can always start paying things off and saving for her plane ticket now, also check into your countries rules – that way you guys are doing something constructive in the meantime while you wait for the final decision of your original application. She should also work on who she knows that would be willing to cosponsor.

I am sorry but I really have no opinion on how many years she should spend over there minimum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.