JJ4ever

Faster way NSO BC supplemental report Middle Name

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I would like to share my experience in connection with my middle name in my NSO birth certificate. This might help some of my fellow Filipino VJ members.

As the date of my interview approaches, I'm becoming a bit nervous and keep on checking on my documents and forms. I had my NSO birth certificate corrected way back in 2006 due some errors. I was able to get the PRC licensure examination and my passport without any problem with my annotated NSO BC. However, something made me worry. My middle name in my annnotated NSO BC is blank, or no entry. My parents are married. It's just that there is no entry in my middle name. It is blank. I was thinking if it would be an issue at the US Embassy in Manila. I didn't bother about my middle name before for I didn't have any problem with the PRC and the DFA. I have always used my mom's maiden surname as my middle name in all of my legal documents and school records even though it is blank in my NSO BC. It is a common knowledge in the Philippines that a legitimate child uses the mom's maiden surname as child's middle name. I told my fiance about it and we decided that I should have it fixed. Better to be safe especially the processing here in the Philippines moves like a turtle.

To make the story short, I filed for a supplemental report. The supplemental report is applicable for those who don't have first name, no gender, baby boy and baby girl name entry, etc. Here are the steps that I underwent.

1. I went to the local NSO in our province and inquired about my "blank middle name" in my NSO BC. The officer typed an affidavit of supplemental report which I signed afterwards. It was also notarized by our Municipal Mayor. (You can also ask a lawyer to make an affidavit of supplemental report for you.)Bring your NSO birth certificate. If you have the local certificate of live birth, bring that too. You should also get a "sedula" which will be used in the affidavit.

2. I was given a supplemental report form and signed it.(It was prepared by a clerk).

3. Since I was not born in the town where I live, the NSO head officer needs to send it to the town where I was born. I am from Visayas and I was born in Northern part of Luzon. Toooo far. I asked her that I would be the one to send it through LBC to make it faster.

4. I called my aunt (mom's side) to process my birth certificate for me. The Local Civil Registry's head in the place where I was born signed the documents and made an endorsement letter to NSO main in East Avenue Quezon City. I told my aunt to mail it through LBC so it would arrive the next day. (You better do the sending of the documents to speed up the process).

5. I was told by the LCR officer that it would take two months to have my middle name annotation in my NSO BC. :wow: Oh no!!! So what I did was I called the NSO main in Quezon City and asked how to speed up the process. If possible, I want to get it before my interview.

6. The clerk in the NSO main told me that as soon as the documents from the LCR are sent, I can apply for the annotated certificate of live birth (SECPA) in NSO Queztion city. The processing is 3 weeks. Relieved!!! Bring the LBC receipt and copied supplemental documents from LCR.

7. I asked my cousin in Manila to file my annotated BC for me in NSO main in Quezon city. My aunt who processed my birth certificate where I was born sent the extra documents that the NSO clerk gave her and the LBC official receipt.

8. My cousin filed for my annotated birth certificate (SECPA) at NSO main. She told me it was fast. She just asked the guard where to file it. Thank you Lord. My NSO BC with my middle name will be released 3 days before my interview. I will just pick it up at NSO Quezon City.

9. Oh I paid more than 500 pesos for the supplemental report including the LBC fee.

I have read a lot of helpful information in VJ. I believe in Golden Rule. I hope I can help some people who are experiencing the stress I had few days ago.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Does the process you went through to correct your birth certificate also apply to any and all changes someone may want to make to their birth certificate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Does the process you went through to correct your birth certificate also apply to any and all changes someone may want to make to their birth certificate?

Hello Tahoma. First, I'd like to congratulate you and Chinook. :)

When I had my birth certificate ammended in 2006, it took 3-5 months I think. Mine was under RA 9048. I didn't follow it. I filed it in October 2006 with my suporting documents in the LCR and it was endorsed by the LCR to NSO main in December 2006. I got my annotated NSO BC in 2007. The head of the NSO where I live now told me that follow-up is very important. You have to make sure that the LCR endorses it to NSO main in Quezon City. It took them more than 2 months to endorse my annotated local certificate of live birth. To make it fast, after you get the endorsement from the LCR, file it yourself or ask someone to file it for your annotated NSO birth certificate. If you don't apply asap, you will wait more than 2 months to get your NSO annotated birth certificate.

• 5 years later...

ako po ay single parent, ang problema ko po ay tungkol sa pag papacorrect/pagpapatanggal ng middle initial ng akin anak, ako po ay nagpunta sa local registry para icorrect ang mga pagkakamali sa birthcertificate ng akin anak., binigyan po nila ako ng listahan ng mga dukomento na ipapasa sa kanila, isa po dun ay ang previous school record ng akin anak, ang problema ayaw ako bigyan ng school ng bagong record na nagsasaad na walang middle name ang anak ko, dpat dw po bigyan ko sila ng bagong annotated birth certificate, bago nila baguhin ang records na bata., lahat po ng requirements nmin ay completo na wala lng ang school records, pagpunta ko sa local registry ayaw pa rin tanggapin ang dahil wala dw ang school records, paano ba gagawin ko pinaliwanag ko na nga po na ayaw akong bigyan ng school ng bagong records dahil need nila ang bagong annotated brith certificate at susunod lng sila sa birth certificate na ibibigay ko., ano pa ba ang dapat kong gawin? pasa pasa na nangyare tumatakbo ang oras at nasasayang ang panahaon ko. paano makakakuha ng passport ang anak ko kung ganito ang systema hindi tudma. sana po matulungan niyo ako kung ano pa ang pwd kung gawin. salamat po.  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

PSA lists a variety of documents that could be used, do you have a baptismal certificate or medical record that show the "correct" name?

Supporting Documents

1. Certified machine copy of the birth record containing the entry to be corrected;
  2. Not less than two (2) private or public documents upon which the correction shall be based >> like baptismal certificate, voters affidavit, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, business record, drivers license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook, NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants;
  3. Notice/Certificate of Posting;
  4. Payment of one thousand Pesos (P1,000.00) as filing fee.For petitions filed abroad a fee of $50.00 or equivalent value in local currency shall be collected;
  5. Other documents which may be required by the concerned civil registrar.

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/wrong-spelling-1

https://lawyerphilippines.org/2018/05/02/correcting-your-nso-birth-certificate-3-major-corrections-explained/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.