Richard29

New Court Ruling for Aged OUT children

40 posts in this topic

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basis would be if you were under 21 by the time that your PD becomes current. being considered case complete doesn't mean that a visa number is already available for you.

Noted apple. Thank you for your wonderful replies. Hope the ruling will soon be finalized favoring aged-out children.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Noted apple. Thank you for your wonderful replies. Hope the ruling will soon be finalized favoring aged-out children.

yes, i hope so too. goodluck. :thumbs:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Two years passed quickly and we turned 21 turning 22 this november 2012 and we are termed age-out.

oh dear, i thought you are turning 21 this November 2012.

after your parents receive their green cards, one of them can file an F2B petition for you.

if petitioner is employed with sufficient income (meets the poverty guideline), no need for a co-sponsor.

if the petitioner is employed but income is not enough to meet required income poverty guideline, get a co-sponsor.

if the petitioner is unemployed, get a co-sponsor.

the new ruling is NOT yet enforceable so you can't 100% rely on it. there's a 50/50 chance that the US Supreme Court might rule on it or against it. don't base your hopes on something that isn't considered a LAW yet. :whistle:

if the new ruling is not passed, you're looking at a 10-11 year waiting period under F2B.

That's complete, can't disagree with you in any way. Thank you apple :)

I agree that CSPA can't be utilized for our case but for reference purposes our approval date is May 28, 1992 not 1991. You have mentioned a date of completion of case before jan 1, 2011? Our completion by NVC was March 2011. If I get it right under the immigration law are we still 20? Since we were 20 years of age when it was completed in March 2011. Thank you so much and looking forward for another substantial answer.

Your case would have had to be completed before January 1, 2011 for your age to be frozen at 20. As it stands you were 3 months late.

If your sister becomes a citizen and files for your father she would still have to prove she can cover the father's health problems with health insurance or with assets of value or cash so he will not become a public charge to US citizens. But all that hinges on how sick you father is and how costly it would be for his care ion the US. His interviewer at the embassy/consulate will let him know what's up and what needs to be done.

• 2 years later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I just want to know.. I'm 23 y/o right now.. Priority date of my father was Feb, 2, 1991.. I don't know what's the meaning of case creation date but it was dated April 17, 1991.. Petition got approved last September 14, 2011 .. We received an interview letter August 12, 2014 to our surprise I was still included even if i'm 22 that time.. BTW.. Oct. 5, 1991 was my birthday.. our scheduled interview was rescheduled to January 5, 2014.. I just want to know the odds i'm facing.. so that I can prepare for the worst..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I believe you are covered by cpsa if you are in the interview letter!

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.