Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
six7one

Balikbayan Box - What Would You Send

25 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I want to send some items to my fiancee and family. I have an idea of things to send, but like some of your thoughts on items they would like or need. This box is going to the Province and not Manila. Thanks in advance.

I want to send some items to my fiancee and family. I have an idea of things to send, but like some of your thoughts on items they would like or need. This box is going to the Province and not Manila. Thanks in advance.

Basic commodities is good since these items are expensive in the Philippines. Items like toothpase, shampoo, bath soap, lotion and etc.

Cash.

:rofl: Send Monopoly money in the box maybe

Basic commodities is good since these items are expensive in the Philippines. Items like toothpase, shampoo, bath soap, lotion and etc.

Got some of those. Will get some of your other suggestions. Thanks.

I frequently go to Costco and get those boxes of 30/50 bags of chips... takes up a lot of space in those big LBC boxes and they always ask for more. Plus chocolate, clothes, and those other things mentioned above. Dollar store and Costco are your friends. I sent a used PS2 purchased at Gamestop plus a bunch of used games and that was a big hit. At dollar store or Costco I've loaded up on bars of soap (yes, seriously, dozen or more) and they gave them away to friends as gifts from the US and they were a big hit also. Instant coffee and coffeemate, spam, canned meat. Sounds crazy, and actually costs less in the Philippines, but they like that fact that it's imported.

PS. I know my timeline makes me look like a noob. I was married to a filipina for 5 years, have 2 little boys together. Divorced and going through the process again, actually my 3rd fiancee visa over the last bunch of years. I've sent over 25 LBC balikbayan boxes over the years.

Good luck!

Edited by Grant PDX

You could never go wrong with Spam and Vienna Sausages from Costco :thumbs:

What balikbayan box are you using? My husband and I are planning to send some stuffs for my family before christmas but we are kinda scared that it will never arrived or some of the items were missing.. :(

We've been using Golden Bell here in San Diego, unlimited weight and it arrives in Batangas after 6 weeks on target for $55.

We send at least 2 lbc boxes a year to her family. We go to Costco and get some of those big bags of assorted mini chocolate bars and other snacks. Chocolates are always a big hit. We send clothes and a few special items. Last time we sent a mahjong game and mini DVD player. We then always go to 99 cent store and fill the rest of the box with soap bars, toothbrushes, shampoo etc. Also school supplies for the kids of her family

Edited by lbounds

As Halloween is coming, I get the assorted bag of "non meltable candies" that are the big bags in costco or sam's and fill in the space by pouring in the candy to fill the space. I'm sure the kids get a kick out of unpacking it and there is no wasted space. Starbursts , sweetarts, and such. Again spam and vienna sausages, or corned beef are good options for staples.

Bob

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.