Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asura

How long it take u to get your green card after the interview?

10 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

It has been 3 months now since the officer told me case is being approve at the interview and I've done my biometrics and fingerprint at the same day too.

The officer told me I'll receive my 2 years green card in 4-8 weeks but it's alrdy been 12 weeks now and still nothing. :angry:

How long u guys been waiting after you done your interview and biometrics? Should I call the 1-800 number to check with my case?

I would make an infopass appointment to find out if your card has been issued... dont bother phoning the help line they can tell you nothing... the same thing happened to me, I waited the 30 days that they told me to on the phone line and then I made infopass and found out my card was issued 7 days after my interview... I just never received it...

If you did not get a stamp in your passport ask for one when you go for the infopass that way you will have something to prove your application has been approved...

Good Luck

Kezzie

Kezzie, Could u tell me more about the infopass? I've totally has no clue about the infopass. How do I make the appointment and where to make appointment?

Oh and also they never give me a stamp on my passport too!

Thanks for given me good advise :thumbs:

I would make an infopass appointment to find out if your card has been issued... dont bother phoning the help line they can tell you nothing... the same thing happened to me, I waited the 30 days that they told me to on the phone line and then I made infopass and found out my card was issued 7 days after my interview... I just never received it...

If you did not get a stamp in your passport ask for one when you go for the infopass that way you will have something to prove your application has been approved...

Good Luck

Kezzie

Edited by asura

You can make an infopass appointment here https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

You will need to take all your paper work you have received from USCIS with you.... Just explain to them as you explained here and ask them to check your case...

The infopass will be at your local office (where you had your interview).. If when you log into make the infopass it says there are none available just keep trying till you get one...

Let me know if you need more help..

Kezzie

We interviewed in February 2010 and the officer was about to approve us when she noticed the medical exam was missing. Got an RFE for medical exam. Submitted another one on March 10, 2010 and we are in a black hole. We have heard nothing at all. Filed a service request which was sent to Texas Service Center and it came back that they didn't have our file. Called USCIS and they said the file was in another state and asked US why WE sent it there. ??? Called again and they said, oh, your case IS at the Texas Service Center (where the original service request went and we got the reply that they didn't have it) and they sent another service request to TSC. So far no reply. What the heck is going on?

It has been 3 months now since the officer told me case is being approve at the interview and I've done my biometrics and fingerprint at the same day too.

The officer told me I'll receive my 2 years green card in 4-8 weeks but it's alrdy been 12 weeks now and still nothing. :angry:

How long u guys been waiting after you done your interview and biometrics? Should I call the 1-800 number to check with my case?

Your profile is set to Removal of Conditions (pending). Are you actually ROCing or AOSing? Your post indicates AOSing. Please adjust your profile to reflect this.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.