RobDinsmore

NVC Electronic Processing questions

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just started the electronic processing leg of the NVC process for the CR1.

Our DS 3032 that was already accepted. I paid the AoS bill and it posted.

Can I send the i-864 now or do they need to send an email asking for it?

I also have scanned copies of the required and supplemental AoS info and the i-864 and the Ds230.

According to the NVC faq I only need to submit a copy of 1 year tax return and/or w2. I plan to also add a letter of employment, 2 pay stubs and my 2010 returns + w2 and my 2009 Return only. There is nothing here that is really original besides the letter and paystub but these documents are not stated as required. So do I need to send them to China and/or just the original signed i-864EZ or nothing but PDFs for my wife to print?

She has all the original ID stuff for the IV application. I am just concerned about losing what I send in the mail.

Failed K1 October 2011Married 12/19/2011

Filed CR1 - Priority date 1/05/2012

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

I just started the electronic processing leg of the NVC process for the CR1.

Our DS 3032 that was already accepted. I paid the AoS bill and it posted.

Can I send the i-864 now or do they need to send an email asking for it?

I also have scanned copies of the required and supplemental AoS info and the i-864 and the Ds230.

According to the NVC faq I only need to submit a copy of 1 year tax return and/or w2. I plan to also add a letter of employment, 2 pay stubs and my 2010 returns + w2 and my 2009 Return only. There is nothing here that is really original besides the letter and paystub but these documents are not stated as required. So do I need to send them to China and/or just the original signed i-864EZ or nothing but PDFs for my wife to print?

She has all the original ID stuff for the IV application. I am just concerned about losing what I send in the mail.

You need to have the GZO######## number first. The GZO number tells you that your case has been changed from paper to electronic. Once you have the GZO number then you email the AOS/I-864 PDF.

Did you email them the OPTIN EP email letter? You got your AOS invoice email right?

For the AOS package, you need: AOS coversheet printed off from the payment portal, cover letter explaining what's in the package, I-864 or I-864EZ, tax transcripts, employment letter, paystubs.

I sent the tax transcripts of 2011, 2010 and 2009. Or you can send 2010 and 2009 transcripts along with 2011 tax return plus W2.

Everything is sent via email to NVCElectronic@state.gov if you're doing EP.

March 9, 2012 - NOA1

July 17, 2012 - NOA2

July 16, 2012 - NVC received

August 9, 2012 - Case number and IIN assigned

August 15, 2012 - AOS Invoice email received

August 15, 2012 - AOS bill paid, OPTIN email for EP sent (DS-3032 attached)

August 17, 2012 - Payment portal showed AOS Bill as PAID

August 23, 2012 - OPTIN EP and DS-3032 accepted

August 24, 2012 - AOS PDF file emailed

August 27, 2012 - IV Invoice email received

August 28, 2012 - IV bill paid

August 30, 2012 - Payment portal showed IV Bill as PAID

August 30, 2012 - IV PDF file emailed

September 12, 2012 - Case COMPLETED at NVC

September 13, 2012 - Appointment letter received

September 19, 2012 - Medical done

September 21, 2012 - Medical results normal

October 23, 2012 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 27, 2012 - VISA in hand!!!

Timeline

March 9, 2012 - NOA1

July 17, 2012 - NOA2

July 16, 2012 - NVC received

August 9, 2012 - Case number and IIN assigned

August 15, 2012 - AOS Invoice email received

August 15, 2012 - AOS bill paid, OPTIN email for EP sent (DS-3032 attached)

August 17, 2012 - Payment portal showed AOS Bill as PAID

August 23, 2012 - OPTIN EP and DS-3032 accepted

August 24, 2012 - AOS PDF file emailed

August 27, 2012 - IV Invoice email received

August 28, 2012 - IV bill paid

August 30, 2012 - Payment portal showed IV Bill as PAID

August 30, 2012 - IV PDF file emailed

September 12, 2012 - Case COMPLETED at NVC

September 13, 2012 - Appointment letter received

September 19, 2012 - Medical done

September 21, 2012 - Medical results normal

October 23, 2012 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 27, 2012 - VISA in hand!!!

Timeline

DO NOT EMAIL in anything till you have a GZO number.

IS OK TO PAY THINGS, but do not SEND IN THINGS via email until you have the GZO number.

IIRC you had a time and timing issue with your first DS-3032 submittal...

Since it's China, you must send in 3 years o tax data plus the 'current annual income' stuff.

It's ok to send in multiple emails, if you have email attachment file size issues.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

DO NOT EMAIL in anything till you have a GZO number.

IS OK TO PAY THINGS, but do not SEND IN THINGS via email until you have the GZO number.

IIRC you had a time and timing issue with your first DS-3032 submittal...

Since it's China, you must send in 3 years o tax data plus the 'current annual income' stuff.

It's ok to send in multiple emails, if you have email attachment file size issues.

I have the GZO number that was given when they accepted the ds 3032 in the OPTIn email. Today I sent in the i-864 in an email documenting the contents and page numbers and file name of each piece of evidence along with the coversheet, 2009-2011 1040s, the employment letter, 2 months of paystubs and 2010 and 2011 W2s.

The concern I have is that I have not received instructions to do so from the NVCelectronic email address. I recieved 1 email following the acceptance of the 3032 and that included the GZO#

So what part of this packet do I need to mail to China for my wife to bring to the interview? Only the signed form and employment letter exist as originals.

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

You will not receive instructions for what to do for NVC Electronic Processing for Guangzhou, from NVC.

It's on the DoS website, and their grid is abysmal.

YOU KNOW THE LINK for Ryan's set of instructions for what he did,

YOU KNOW THE LINK for my wiki page on NVC Electronic Processing.

What's up?

Are you clicking through links, when they be posted in yer topics, or no ?

triage -

--although you have a GZO #, the DS-3032 is not added to the casefile yet, as you've no IV invoice.

--having a GZO # isn't enough.

--you have successfully opted in, so that's a plus.

--i think it's a bit soon to send stuff, due to time and timing, so be prepared to send the I-864 stuff in again on Wednesday and again on Thursday, using the 'supervisor review' info given to you (by me) in another one of yer topics.

errata -

she needs everything in it's original form, that you sent off with the I-864 and the DS-230 set, for document intake day, in Guangzhou. suggest you wait till the appointment date is set, then send it all off to her.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You will not receive instructions for what to do for NVC Electronic Processing for Guangzhou, from NVC.

It's on the DoS website, and their grid is abysmal.

YOU KNOW THE LINK for Ryan's set of instructions for what he did,

YOU KNOW THE LINK for my wiki page on NVC Electronic Processing.

What's up?

Are you clicking through links, when they be posted in yer topics, or no ?

triage -

--although you have a GZO #, the DS-3032 is not added to the casefile yet, as you've no IV invoice.

--having a GZO # isn't enough.

--you have successfully opted in, so that's a plus.

--i think it's a bit soon to send stuff, due to time and timing, so be prepared to send the I-864 stuff in again on Wednesday and again on Thursday, using the 'supervisor review' info given to you (by me) in another one of yer topics.

errata -

she needs everything in it's original form, that you sent off with the I-864 and the DS-230 set, for document intake day, in Guangzhou. suggest you wait till the appointment date is set, then send it all off to her.

I have seen the links but I haven't seen the NVC/Guangzhou page listing the official requirements. Also the optin acceptance says they will be sending instructions yet it appears that they won't do that. And the whole document accepted vs document analyzed and, ... well accepted is bizarre. Especially when its a single page document like the ds3032.

I am going to try the supervisory review email on Wednesday and keep checking the invoice status for the IV bill.

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

ya, expect 1 to 2 weeks for the IV fee bill to be generated,

but

IMO

it's worth it to resend things into NVC with that Supervisory Review subject line.

So Worth It

Here's the official NVC page about EP -

China is OPTIONAL

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

ya, expect 1 to 2 weeks for the IV fee bill to be generated,

but

IMO

it's worth it to resend things into NVC with that Supervisory Review subject line.

So Worth It

Here's the official NVC page about EP -

China is OPTIONAL

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html

That page eventually leads to the generic FAQ about the i-864 and instructions. These instructions imply that the only piece of financial information needed is your most recent tax returns. I know China "requires" more, but where exactly is that stated. Is it actually required or is it recommended. It seems to me like the Chinese process is made up on the spot by the interviewer. And since it is so hard, people are basically competing to outdo each-other with superfluous information, which raises the bar even further.

I am very worried about this because we went through the k1 and failed largely because the interviewer expected more photos and a larger number of visits regardless of the fact that the one was 4 weeks long and ate up all my vacation time. (The 12 we gave increased my total collection of digital photos of me on my 7 year old FB page from 20 to 32 so they were a huge increase and well outside of my characteristic behavior) Incidentally I sent in 800+ photos of the wedding/ honeymoon and another few hundred of my trip in July when I got hit with an erroneous RFE when they mixed my file up with some couple who had both been divorced. I am pretty sure that the shear girth of my photo packet is what caused them to loose it even though I was able to condense it down to ~ 100 pages. So right now I am feeling like I am damned if I do, damned if I don't. SO far my processing times look like this:

• Priority Date 1/5/2012 ( Noa1 1/9)
  • RFE 7/23/2012 - Recieved this when I turned my phone back on after flying home from China
  • RFE service request filed after receiving written RFE 07/31/2012 Operator noted that it was likely a mistake due to what was
  • RFE mailed in, included original application material plus new photos, visa copy, ticket stubs and a written plea to stop ###### with me - 8/3/2012
  • NOA2/RFE accepted 8/7/2012 (I am betting the service request helped as the turnaround was fast, 1 day fast if they received the RFE)
  • NVC Recieved Case: 8/16/2012
  • NVC generated GUZ number: 8/29/2012
  • NVC gave me invoice number over the phone but case was not ready 9/12/2012
  • NVC accepted case fully, sent invoice + ds3032 9/13/2012
  • NVC accepted Payment of AoS Bill 9/14/2012
  • NVC accepted OPTIN email which included the DS-3032 9/14 2012
  • I began "spamming" NVC with AoS / i -864 emails 9/17/2012

Edited by RobDinsmore

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

It wouldn't let me edit so I am just reposting my NVC timeline as

• Priority Date 1/5/2012 ( Noa1 1/9)
  • RFE 7/23/2012 - Recieved this when I turned my phone back on after flying home from China
  • RFE service request filed after receiving written RFE 07/31/2012 Operator noted that it was likely a mistake due to what was
  • RFE mailed in, included original application material plus new photos, visa copy, ticket stubs and a written plea to stop ###### with me - 8/3/2012
  • NOA2/RFE accepted 8/7/2012 (I am betting the service request helped as the turnaround was fast, 1 day fast if they received the RFE)
  • NVC Recieved Case: 8/16/2012
  • NVC generated GUZ number: 8/29/2012 (9 business days from receipt of case from USCIS to Generation of GUZ number)
  • NVC gave me invoice number over the phone but case was not ready 9/12/2012
  • NVC accepted case fully, sent invoice + ds3032 9/13/2012 (11 business days from GUZ number until invoiced for AOS)
  • NVC accepted Payment of AoS Bill 9/14/2012
  • NVC accepted OPTIN email which included the DS-3032 9/14 2012
  • I began "spamming" NVC with AoS / i -864 emails 9/17/2012
  • NVC accepted ds3032 with me as agent and emailed me IV invoice - 9/19/2012 (3 business days from Optin to ds 3032 final acceptance)[23 business days since NVC recieved case from USCIS
  • Sent another / i -864 email 9/19/2012 after acceptance of Ds3032
  • Payed IV invoice on 09/19/2012 ( it took about 1 hour to be payable after the email)

Edited by RobDinsmore

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

super duper on the IV Invoice - that's mondo fast !

Let me know when you send in that IV set, I can forecast things from there...

here's my EP timeticks (just in case you not see them prior)

Time Ticks for Tracking - feel free to copy/paste this into yer profile/signature area/about me area:

NVC Received CaseFile *

NVC Casefile Number Issued *

Request DS-3032 Kit from NVC *

IIN received via email from NVC, as part of AOS Fee Bill EMAIL.

OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC +

AOS FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

AOS Fee Bill Marked Paid []

OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC

AOS CoverSheets Generated &

IV Fee Bill Showing as 'Payable' []

IV FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

IV Fee Bill marked as PAID []

IV CoverSheets Generated &

AOS email packet sent +

IV email packet sent +

NVC reports 'Case Completed' *

'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal &

Final Review Started at NVC *

Final Review Completed at NVC *

Interview Date Set *

Appointment Letter Received via Email

Interview Date

====

legend

* - USCitizen must call, inquire

+ - Your or foreign Spouse send off via email.

& - YOU do this.

[] - Online Payment Portal Status thingie - you log in, eyeball review it.

====

Things that go together -

OPT IN Accepted and IV Fee Bill Available to be Paid Online - almost the same date.

NVC Reports 'Case Complete' and 'Sign In Fail' - almost same day.

====

Things that make you go angly and aquiverish -

--Sign in Fail

--Final Review Complete (as Interview Date Set will occur within 6 days)

--Interview Date Set (time to get busy - you have between 20 to 45 days to wrap up yer relationship evidence)

====

A Note on Relationship Evidence for Guangzhou-bound petitions -

Please review this, send more if you must, during DS-230 submittal time -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571

Timeline

super duper on the IV Invoice - that's mondo fast !

Let me know when you send in that IV set, I can forecast things from there...

here's my EP timeticks (just in case you not see them prior)

I cannot update my sig for some reason, but I looked at the optin, IV invoice and saw that they replied to my 9/6 email. So sending it in before the case was accepted saved several days.

IV was marked as paid this morning so I sent in the IV packet via email

I used Supervisory review in Aos but nothing happened there yet. I also included that in the IV email.

Edited by RobDinsmore

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

do read the contents of that link at the bottom of my post, post #11.

if you wish to include more bonafide marriage evidence, now is the time to do so, with the IV packet submittal.

It may slow down yer stuff with the IV set by up to a week, but (IMO) it's so worth it, as the ConOff will see it at the IV unit, prior to interview day.

Good Luck !

Timeline

I had some issues with the email today. My first attempt to mail my IV packet bounced back due to size limit. This in itself was odd because it said I was over (31457280) but I was under the 25 MB in gmail.

After that I cut it down to ~ 15 mb and sent it 2x but have not recieved an autoresponse. I sent a dummy email got the response, then sent the full email again and it got through. So it is there now, but a couple of emails were lost in the void.

So something was off for a few hours or maybe they banned me for that period.

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

na, a bounce is a bounce - they do nothing on you, about it.

you can send multiple emails - restudy Ryan's topic now or nowish for the subject lines of the emails.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.