HeresJohnny

K-1 visa problems

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a few questions that pertain to my fiancee in the Philippines. First off, she has been petitioned in the past and approved 13 years ago. She was petitioned under a fake name and birthday by a much older man because she was only 16 years old at the time. He was a family friend and misled her what his true intent. He was to rape her and lock her into a house. She stayed in the United States for a few months before she escaped and managed to get him to fly her back to the Philippines. Since then her green card has already expired. She has twins with a different man who abandoned her and the kids. His name is not included on the birth certificate of the twins. She has no contact with either of the two men. Since then I have had a relationship with her for two years. We filed a K1 and K2 visa for her and the kids.

My K-1 visa to the Philippines has already been approved. I am about to schedule the interview date and pay the embassy fees in the next couple days. She has no record of being in the United States under her real name and birth date. We have all the paperwork, NBI clearance, and Cenomar. The cenomar is an official one but it was created by a friend who works at the NSO office. This was needed to make sure it would say she was single. I am worried that if they look it up they will find out that she was married. The older man who did a spousal visa with her when she was 16 will not end the marriage. I am also worried that when she gets her fingerprints they will notice that she was already in the United States, this was done in 1999. I am unsure if they will notice this. She and I are very worried that she will not pass the interview, or that they will find out the past history. If anyone has any advice that would be much appreciated.

I can assure you that I am not trolling. I read stories about people with similar situations and they spent many thousands of dollars to fight in court to prevent deportation. I am not sure what to do. Should I even get the interview date scheduled. I know that this situation is very bad, but I will do whatever I can to bring her here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I realize that there is alot that she is hiding. Do you think that chances of passing and gaining entry are very slim to none? I hear that they are pretty thorough.

I think that you should just go ahead and tell the truth. There is a big chance that she will be discovered and therefore be denied entry FOREVER into the US. She should have gotten the help of an attorney to force the older man into ending the marriage, clearing her name (even though it's different then her real one) with the US, and then proceed to have you file for her.

I fear that all the lies will just be discovered and then both you and her will be in trouble :(

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

She was fingerprinted to get her first visa. She'll be fingerprinted again and then the jig is up. They'll know

They'll know she got a fake CENOMAR and they may find her guilty of misrepresentation for immigration purposes. Which is a lifetime ban from the US. Before they even ask her a question - the deal is done

So I'm not sure why you say you dont' know what to do. I'd pull the peititon and refile, with the help of a qualified immigration attorney

Good luck

This is what I feared. After I get the prior marriage annulled then I should list all the prior identities on this petition and explain why I am going through the process again? I believe I read that once your petition gets approved then you have three months to set an interview date but you can file an extension. I also read that the annulment in the Philippines can take over a year. So it would be smart to just pull the petition now and get a immigration lawyer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a few questions that pertain to my fiancee in the Philippines. First off, she has been petitioned in the past and approved 13 years ago. She was petitioned under a fake name and birthday by a much older man because she was only 16 years old at the time. He was a family friend and misled her what his true intent. He was to rape her and lock her into a house. She stayed in the United States for a few months before she escaped and managed to get him to fly her back to the Philippines. Since then her green card has already expired. She has twins with a different man who abandoned her and the kids. His name is not included on the birth certificate of the twins. She has no contact with either of the two men. Since then I have had a relationship with her for two years. We filed a K1 and K2 visa for her and the kids.

My K-1 visa to the Philippines has already been approved. I am about to schedule the interview date and pay the embassy fees in the next couple days. She has no record of being in the United States under her real name and birth date. We have all the paperwork, NBI clearance, and Cenomar. The cenomar is an official one but it was created by a friend who works at the NSO office. This was needed to make sure it would say she was single. I am worried that if they look it up they will find out that she was married. The older man who did a spousal visa with her when she was 16 will not end the marriage. I am also worried that when she gets her fingerprints they will notice that she was already in the United States, this was done in 1999. I am unsure if they will notice this. She and I are very worried that she will not pass the interview, or that they will find out the past history. If anyone has any advice that would be much appreciated.

She will NOT pass biometrics to begin with. They have her fingerprints, she more than likely will be denied; almost 99% for sure. Now, I find it hard to believe USCIS approved a case with so many lies, including a minor. It is just far fetched, yet not impossible. Furthermore, you filed a petition for a married woman, making you liable under misrepresentation. Apparently your friend 'forged' a cenomar document. I would've taken care of the divorce first; hired an attorney in the US and helped her get a divorce. I understand that would've open in even bigger can of worms, given the marriage was entered under fraudulent circumstances on the USC part. That's human trafficking and- if evidence is produced- her 'husband' could actually be looking at jail time.

If you pass the interview, if she receives a visa, once in the US immigration can get her on a next flight out back home. It's not unusual; it happens everyday. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a lifetime ban already. By the way, you're K-1 Visa is NOT approved yet. What was approved was your PETITION. So basically they've looked into YOUR record to see if you're eligible for this privilege. They're now starting to look into hers to see if they can approve the visa. That's why she must set up an appointment for an interview. That's part of her side of the process. So, yes, it may be denied and it more than likely will.

You must come clean and hire a GOOD attorney. This is nothing but a nightmare- at best.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

This is what I feared. After I get the prior marriage annulled then I should list all the prior identities on this petition and explain why I am going through the process again? I believe I read that once your petition gets approved then you have three months to set an interview date but you can file an extension. I also read that the annulment in the Philippines can take over a year. So it would be smart to just pull the petition now and get a immigration lawyer.

Good point on the previous poster. You shouldn't use this petition as it's full of misdirected facts. Pull it out, stop the precess, fix the 'marriage' situation and refile. I believe the marriage- after so long- can't be annulled. I'm not sure however. Get a good attorney.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Yes. But not just ANY immigration lawyer. Be very selective in who will represent you. Get recommended names who handle difficult cases like yours

or you will just blow a lot of money for nothing.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Do you think that it would be advisable to hire an immigration attorney in my home state or hire one in the philippines? By chance would you know how long does it take on average in order to an annulment?

annulment is a thorough, long process. She'll need to prove the marriage was entered under fraudulent pretenses (in this case). So look at court time, etc. Get a lawyer and know this will take some time. I think is a good idea for her to get a lawyer in the Philipines as well.

Edited by NY_BX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you think that it would be advisable to hire an immigration attorney in my home state or hire one in the philippines? By chance would you know how long does it take on average in order to an annulment?

Consult Laurel Scott. She offers free chats on Wednesdays.

I'd hire qualifed US immigration attorney, who specializes in inadmissability - like Laurel

This process will not be easy for cheap for you. FYI

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.