HeresJohnny

K-1 visa problems

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

And, even though both men who held her, mistreated her, and threatened her life, live in the US, where she is far away from them and safe, it just happens to be the one country she would make false claims and documents (again) to immigrate to.

I'm stopping myself.

No worries, I said it first. She is a fraud and he is being used. This is a scam. Period. No way around it.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If the Philippine government managed to mate the "fake marriage" under a fake name and fake date of birth then what makes you think the US government which has her fingerprints and photo won't mate her prior visa and green card to her current information.

Her story sounds too fake to me. Two men, similar circumstances, always trying to get to the US. Tell her the situation is too complicated and you want to move to the Philippines to live with her. Keep this up for a few months and see how she reacts. Truth is, you will have to withdraw the petition, hire an attorney, obtain an annulment, so you are looking at a few years, if ever, before she might obtain a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do not walk, run!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just spoke with my mother who was petitioned by my father in 1989. She basically said to me that the fingerprints were only used to find out if she committed any prior crimes. Also that it would not bring up prior records that my fiancee went through the visa process in 1999. She also said that back then they only fingerprinted once for the NBI. I am unsure if she is accurate, because it was 23 years ago when my parents were approved. From what I read from the responses in this thread I feel more inclined to take the advice of the posters. I just thought that I should mention this.

Edit: I asked my fiancee if they fingerprinted her in the past petition. She said they did not fingerprint her in the interview and in customs. Just had her sign a paper where she was going to travel. But when she got her green card they fingerprint her on a paper. Then we she got her passport 1.5 years ago she said they also fingerprint her but the computers were different than before. I'm thinking that just the green card fingerprints would be more than enough to get caught.

I can't believe you are actually still thinking of actually trying to get this visa approved. Even with the warnings from people here and most certainly a lifetime ban for her if caught(and it's a huge chance that she will be caught), and jail time for you for immigration fraud. Makes me so angry that some of us have to suffer through administrative processing, we suffer for the people who have committed fraud. wow.gif

I haven't read all the thread but here's my reply...

The previous marriage is null and void in the first place coz of the fake documents, I worked for lawyer before and sometimes marriage certificate can be null and void even with wrong name spelling on the birth certificate and incorrect birthdate of either parties. How can you obtain a divorce or annulment when the marriage that took place is null and void in the first place?

As to relaying all her experiences during the interview, I tend to agree with most people here... tell the truth... but expect the worst... her experiences is too complicated for a few minutes interview over a window counter... Personally, if i am in her shoes, i will cringed on thinking I will undergo this process again (visa process)... the normal process is tedious as it is, what's more with her experiences... I would have abandoned my US dream a long time ago and focus on how to better my life staying put in the Philippines...

Lastly as a precaution to the OP, how sure are you that all her documents now is real? if even the birth certificate is generated by a friend working at the NSO office? I don't know how long have you known her or how strong your relationship with her... and I am not gonna judge or prejudice about it, but just make sure for your own sake that your fiancee is not a scammer for your own sake.

Goodluck to whatever you decided and God bless you!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

HeresJohnny your fiancee case is messy and you guys will have a LOT of trouble ahead. She is still married,in the past she was petitioned under a fake name, she is trying to provide a "fake" Cenomar. She committed fraud and misrepresentation to get the GC, and to overcome the ban she will need a waiver.

You didn't ask me my opinion but here is my advice, your wife made some mistakes in the past but I think time didn't change her, she is now a grown woman and she asked a friend to"create" a Cenomar... There are so many red flags my friend.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thread closed at the OP's request.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.