riuthamus

WPSP on passport ( From Singapore )

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Long story short, fiance was working in Singapore and on her way out got stamped with a WPSP on her passport. I guess there was issues with some of her documents or something, the workers that hired her told her to get a tourist visa and she did ( but she didnt know that if you have a tourist visa it is only good for 1 month ). She even had a return ticket for 6 months but they still let her in. Anyway, I am trying to find out if this type of thing counts a criminal record of some type. I know they take fingerprints and all that jazz so I am not sure if that is a criminal offense or not. She was not arrested nor was she detained, anybody can give me a clue where to find this information that would be great.

06JUN12 - Forms Received by the office

07JUN12 - NOA1 Received

08JUN12 - Peek

27JUN12 - Called office to check on acceptance I-797

05AUG12 - Called about information on expedited process

06AUG12 - Submitted form for expedited process

06AUG12 - Got a notification that they needed evidence

06AUG12 - Sent evidence to the fax number provided

07AUG12 - Got a notice that evidence has not been submitted yet

07AUG12 - Called office and was told to resubmit, did so to the same fax number

08AUG12 - Still no status on approval or denial of expedite process.

09AUG12 - Called office and they said wait 15 days before calling to find out about missing RFE in mail.

27AUG12 - NAO2 Received

30AUG12 - NVC Received Package

04SEP12 - NVC Gave us MNL and Case Number

10OCT12 - Singapore Clearance sent to Embassy

19OCT12 - Interview Date ( approved )

21OCT12 - Missing Singapore clearance

20NOV12 - Visa Complete and printed at 2GO

20NOV12 - Tickets purchased

21NOV12 - Arrival in San Diego, CA

04DEC12 - Marriage!!!!

I had my old passport when i worked in Singapore,the Immigration stamp WPSP at the back page too.

I don't think so this counts as a criminal record.when i processed my COC in Singapore,i able to get my

COC and the CID(SPF)send my COC to US embassy.i read somewhere that say's WPSP chop usually means nothing

but an indicator that you were denied entry into Singapore.i hope somebody here can give you more answer to your query.

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you, that is at least heart lifting. She has never done anything wrong while there so I wouldnt imagine it would have created a police record, but who knows. Anyway, thanks.

06JUN12 - Forms Received by the office

07JUN12 - NOA1 Received

08JUN12 - Peek

27JUN12 - Called office to check on acceptance I-797

05AUG12 - Called about information on expedited process

06AUG12 - Submitted form for expedited process

06AUG12 - Got a notification that they needed evidence

06AUG12 - Sent evidence to the fax number provided

07AUG12 - Got a notice that evidence has not been submitted yet

07AUG12 - Called office and was told to resubmit, did so to the same fax number

08AUG12 - Still no status on approval or denial of expedite process.

09AUG12 - Called office and they said wait 15 days before calling to find out about missing RFE in mail.

27AUG12 - NAO2 Received

30AUG12 - NVC Received Package

04SEP12 - NVC Gave us MNL and Case Number

10OCT12 - Singapore Clearance sent to Embassy

19OCT12 - Interview Date ( approved )

21OCT12 - Missing Singapore clearance

20NOV12 - Visa Complete and printed at 2GO

20NOV12 - Tickets purchased

21NOV12 - Arrival in San Diego, CA

04DEC12 - Marriage!!!!

Thank you, that is at least heart lifting. She has never done anything wrong while there so I wouldnt imagine it would have created a police record, but who knows. Anyway, thanks.

Your Welcome!...and good luck on her interview...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi good morning im just trying to share what kinds of experience i have...i been working arab country too i stay there about more than 4 years and i have 3 cases my working permit expired,no ekama, no sponsor we all that TNT, i tried to make all my doc. right then the immigration hold me and put me in the prison for 14 days after all the investigation of my cases, after all my finger prints the result is DEPORTATION...now i need police clearance on that country because of that is one of requirements of k1 visa i was worried but i don't believe what other people say i tried to apply and obtain police clearance ...and im very thankful i have it in my hand now weeks ago and the result is CLEAR JUDICIAL RECORDS.so no worries she can obtain police clearance with no records.

Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss .i love you baby"

• 3 years later...
Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi.

I thought I would add some colour to this topic as nobody seems to know what a "WPSP" stamp is for.

My GF (Korean) received one when she left Singapore after losing her job. She was on an S-Pass employment visa and as stated in the terms of this visa, if she loses her job then the sponsoring company is required to fly her back to her home country within a week of her final date of employment. After handing back her S-Pass the company contacts the Ministry of Manpower, who transfers her onto a "Work Permit Special Pass" (WPSP) or temp visa until she leaves the country. On exit she received this stamp.

I have attached the link below to the MoM website which explains this and the letter we wrote to MoM to confirm this.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-worker/cancel-a-work-permit

At2BMWOkucMPpafeQk3HgJgs7YxXnemG-S248fYN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks to the poster above for the helpful information. Welcome to the forum.

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Asia/East & Pacific regional forum (topic is country-specific), and the thread will be closed because of its age.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.