Prince123

How long i have to wait for N-400 Atlanta GA Oath Cermony????

6 posts in this topic

Hello Sweet people of Visa Journey,

I went to my N-400 Naturlization interview on July 17 2012 Atlanta Georgia Office and passed all the tests and the Interview but i did ask for a name change so i know i will be attending a Judicial Cermony .Its been a Month now and i still did not recieve any oath Cermony letter or anything.Did i got approved or i am still waiting for the Final recommended approval.I am so confused.But on July 19 2012 my online status changed to this:-

Oath Ceremony

On July 19, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

Can any please help me how long this process really takes.Am i still waiting for Final recommended approval or i am waiting for a judicial cermony.If so How long does it take to judicial cermony in Atlanta letter to arrive to me.I really appreciate your valuable time.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You have been approved and you will receive communication as to when your oath ceremony will take place. You should hear from the USCIS within 90 days, on average.

Congrats!

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Well, you might have to make up your mind to wait for a while. I got the same information you posted here saying I was in the que for the oath ceremony. That was on May 25th 2012 and I am still waiting. I have called several times, scheduled an InfoPass, called some more but the response I have gotten so far is that I should wait. Sorry for the heart break but you might have to wait for a while.

In my case, I just wanted my names to be re-arranged because my middle name was being used as my last name but they consider that a name change and as such I need to attend a judicial oath ceremony.....

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I should say u r lucky one, that u got your oath schedule que very soon after your interview, as according to uscis they say 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Hopefully u get in month of september, irrespective to say that every case varies and it might take little long and soon too

name changes need approval from a judge and takes awhile.. anyway, i too did a name change, well sorta.. dropped my middle name.. and when i got my naturalization certificate, attached was the form i signed requesting a name change during my n-400 interview which was signed and approved by a judge.. i guess it depends on your location on how soon you can get your oath ceremony done, mine was quick (see my timeline below).. there were 900 of us who took the oath with about 17 absent or couldn't make it.. anyway, congratulations.. remember good things come to those who wait..

Edited by av8or

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.