Singapore - Packet 3

184 posts in this topic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I just got back home and guess what?? I got the packet 3 too!! I think they mailed our packets at the same time. Lol. Are you gonna resign after the interview?

Thanks sa tips regarding the CENOMAR. I will check that out tonight. I hope they accept special courier services.

Ok so the only thing we need to send the embassy is Form DS-230 I, right?? And then the rest we bring to the interview??

Ooops, I read the instructions again. I think we only need to send the DS-230 Part I plus the signed checklist and the visa payment receipt to the Embassy.

Timeline

They didn't enclose DS-230 I in my packet. I don't think we are sending the 156 yet. That's for the interview together with the other requirements.

Should we send the signed checklist back to the embassy immediately or should we wait til we have all the required documents (ex. affidavit of support, etc)? I understand that they can not schedule our interview date until we send this checklist back to them.

Timeline

Should we send the signed checklist back to the embassy immediately or should we wait til we have all the required documents (ex. affidavit of support, etc)? I understand that they can not schedule our interview date until we send this checklist back to them.

I'm waiting until I get all my documents first - or at least near to completion. I think since the embassy here has a lower volume of applicants (compared to Manila), it shouldn't take too long for them to set an interview date.

Timeline

I'm waiting until I get all my documents first - or at least near to completion. I think since the embassy here has a lower volume of applicants (compared to Manila), it shouldn't take too long for them to set an interview date.

I think it takes them about a month to schedule an interview date here in SG.

Timeline

Hmmm... Im not sure. But I think a month is enough to get all the requirements. I've just applied for the COC and they said it will be ready by Sept 5. They'll be sending the certificate to the Embassy between 6th - 11th of September. I've also scheduled my medical exam this week since my packet had already contained the medical exam instructions. I've also applied for the cenomar thru ecensus and forwarded the batch number and my fedex acct number to nso for the special courier services. At this point, I think I can send the ds230 and the checklist by tomorrow.

Timeline

Hmmm... Im not sure. But I think a month is enough to get all the requirements. I've just applied for the COC and they said it will be ready by Sept 5. They'll be sending the certificate to the Embassy between 6th - 11th of September. I've also scheduled my medical exam this week since my packet had already contained the medical exam instructions. I've also applied for the cenomar thru ecensus and forwarded the batch number and my fedex acct number to nso for the special courier services. At this point, I think I can send the ds230 and the checklist by tomorrow.

Hello, I think I should give an update too. :) Well, mine is going much slower than yours. I'll send the ds230, checklist and receipt on Saturday. Payment to the bank has to wait until after work tomorrow. :/

Ive also sent my request for CENOMAR but I just went for regular post. Then on Monday, I'll go to the police complex for the COC. Next Saturday will be my medical exam.

Good luck on your application. You seem good to go! Pls come back and share updates when you can. :)

How much was the FedEx btw?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OMG!!! I have just received the Packet 3 from the US Embassy!

Yay ! To Celebrate, please have 2 kg of curry laksa, to celebrate (penang laksa bu hao)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Fleurg, did you register your profile at the embassy website? I don't think we need to coz it's the embassy that is setting our interview date. Am I right?

Yup, packet 4 should contain the interview date. I didn't register.

I had my medical exam today. Took me more than 2 hours to get it done. Haaaay...

There were just too many patients in there. Damage was $205. Good thing my immunizations were up to date so there was no need to get the vaccines in the clinic (I brought my vaccination records from Tan Tock Seng Travel clinic). Another Filipina paid almost $400. But, they insisted on doing the blood test for chicken pox. I told them I already had that when I was a kid, but they said they need proof to certify. Blood test was $42 ($150 - Medical Exam + $42 Blood Test + GST). I'm expecting a call from them next week if I still need the chicken pox vaccine.

I don't know the cost of the fedex shipment yet. I will know once they charge it to my account. The status of my CENOMAR request is still "Waiting for Payment." I heard it usually takes 2 working days before the payment is reflected. I paid thru the remittance partner in Lucky Plaza.

Timeline

I have no immunizations at all. Do we really have to get those vaccines? And I had chicken pox too as a kid. Hay. $400 is a lot of money. How did you get your other immunizations?

I paid for the CENOMAR via credit card yesterday afternoon and until now it is still being processed.

Timeline

I have no immunizations at all. Do we really have to get those vaccines? And I had chicken pox too as a kid. Hay. $400 is a lot of money. How did you get your other immunizations?

I paid for the CENOMAR via credit card yesterday afternoon and until now it is still being processed.

Oh I didn't know we can use credit cards. I thought only cards from certain countries are accepted, so I paid the $25 USD via the BDO remittance partner in Orchard.

Not all vaccines, depends on your age group. I had mine at tan tock seng travel clinic, way cheaper there. Mmr vaccine is only $29 there while it is $50+ in the clinic. I suggest do your exam then when they require vaccines, tell them you would do it somewhere else. Then just fax the certificate to them. That's what I'll do if they confirm I need the chicken pox vaccine.

Timeline

Oh I didn't know we can use credit cards. I thought only cards from certain countries are accepted, so I paid the $25 USD via the BDO remittance partner in Orchard.

Not all vaccines, depends on your age group. I had mine at tan tock seng travel clinic, way cheaper there. Mmr vaccine is only $29 there while it is $50+ in the clinic. I suggest do your exam then when they require vaccines, tell them you would do it somewhere else. Then just fax the certificate to them. That's what I'll do if they confirm I need the chicken pox vaccine.

Oh, but note that some vaccines can not be taken at the same time. MMR and chicken pox for example should be taken 30 days apart (because they inject live virus, I think?). So, if they tell me I need to take the varicella vaccine, I will have to take it 30 days after my MMR. But, I'm really hoping the blood test would show that I'm immune.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.