KyleAndrea

Singapore - Packet 3

184 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I have been anxiously waiting for the US embassy here in Sg to send me my packet 3. We already have our case number since Aug 10, but no word yet from the embassy. I have emailed them to inquire how long it will take this morning and I hope they reply soon!

Anyone who has experience on this? Should I expect for a Packet 3? I think it is a must coz I can't find the instructions in their website.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I have been anxiously waiting for the US embassy here in Sg to send me my packet 3. We already have our case number since Aug 10, but no word yet from the embassy. I have emailed them to inquire how long it will take this morning and I hope they reply soon!

Anyone who has experience on this? Should I expect for a Packet 3? I think it is a must coz I can't find the instructions in their website.

Hi there..just bw patient and wait.

I got my NOA2 in early May and only received packet 3 in early July.

Yrs will come soon... :)

Timeline

Hi there..just bw patient and wait.

I got my NOA2 in early May and only received packet 3 in early July.

Yrs will come soon... :)

Wow thanks! I didn't know it takes that long! :) How was your interview like? :)

Timeline

I am also waiting for my Packet 3. Did you receive yours already?

I got a reply from the embassy today and they told me they had sent packet 3 already. Unfortunately they didn't even say when they sent it to give me an idea when to expect it! Anyway, if I haven't received it by Friday, I'll email them again.

Have you got your case number already? Have you tried emailing them? I'm so glad to find someone in Singapore waiting for k1 visa. :)

Timeline

I got a reply from the embassy today and they told me they had sent packet 3 already. Unfortunately they didn't even say when they sent it to give me an idea when to expect it! Anyway, if I haven't received it by Friday, I'll email them again.

Have you got your case number already? Have you tried emailing them? I'm so glad to find someone in Singapore waiting for k1 visa. :)

Yes, I have my case number already. I will try to send them an email today.

Btw, I am a Filipina based here in Singapore.

Timeline

Same here! Are you working here?

Email them at SINGAPORECON@state.gov. I first sent my inquiry to another address given in their website and they gave me the above address instead.

Timeline

Nice!!! Pls pls share the requirements!!

FIRST: DS-230 Part I.

SECOND: DS-156 (in duplicate)together with a single copy of the attached Form DS-156 (K)

THIRD: Obtain the following documents on this checklist, which pertain to you. Do NOT send them to the US Embassy.

PASSPORT

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

POLICE CERTIFICATES (enclosed is a letter that you need to bring to the COC office; NBI Clearance for Filipinos)

COURT and PRISON RECORDS

MILITARY RECORDS

PHOTOGRAPHS (4 photographs 2 inches square full face are required. Photos may be either color or black and white taken against a white background, unretouhced and unmounted. No head covering or dark glasses should be worn.)

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (CENOMAR to be sent directly from NSO to the Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section, American Embassy Singapore)

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT (Form I-134 is enclosed)

MEDICAL EXAMINATION (enclosed is the clinic information for the exam)

EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP

TRANSLATIONS

FOURTH: Mail the checklist (signed, dated) to the US Embassy together with the visa payment receipt ($312 - Standard Chartered Bank)

Timeline

Fleurg, when did you receive your NOA2?

Received the NOA2 on Aug 7.

I'm still working here in Singapore. Will try to apply for the COC this week. I heard it will take 10 days.

Cenomar requirement is a bit tough. They require the certificate to be sent by NSO directly to the embassy. But, delivery abroad takes 6-8 weeks. I've sent ecensus a mail on how to go about the special courier sevices.

Timeline

I just got back home and guess what?? I got the packet 3 too!! I think they mailed our packets at the same time. Lol. Are you gonna resign after the interview?

Thanks sa tips regarding the CENOMAR. I will check that out tonight. I hope they accept special courier services.

Ok so the only thing we need to send the embassy is Form DS-230 I, right?? And then the rest we bring to the interview??

Timeline

I just got back home and guess what?? I got the packet 3 too!! I think they mailed our packets at the same time. Lol. Are you gonna resign after the interview?

Thanks sa tips regarding the CENOMAR. I will check that out tonight. I hope they accept special courier services.

Ok so the only thing we need to send the embassy is Form DS-230 I, right?? And then the rest we bring to the interview??

DS-230, DS156 and DS156k plus the signed checklist and the visa receipt if im not mistaken..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.