KyleAndrea

Singapore - Packet 3

184 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Went to TTSH this morning. It was sooo easy and efficient! Thanks for recommending this place to me! :) However, nurse recommended to wait for the newer flu vaccine out by Oct so I haven't taken it yet. I'm still thinking about whether I should take it or wait until later. Sooo confused.

I'm now at Lucky Plaza getting a hair cut before I have some photos taken. LOL. :)

How's the Manila embassy??

I got a new set of prints from the philippine embassy today. Took me about 15mins. A differenet person took my prints, a sergeant this time :)

Hopefully, it doesn't get rejected again.

Thanks for inquiring about the blood test.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I dropped it into a mailbox. Just regular mail. You?

I wonder if they would send us packet 4 only after they got our cenomar.

Hay... I used speedpost because i wanted to be able to track. Unfortunately, it was not delivered to the embassy. Im still waiting for an update from singpost. Sooooo frustrated!

Timeline

Weird. How long does it take to send something in this small island? :)

I just got back from Police Complex. I still need to send them proof that I've been here since 2008. At least they allow email. They are so efficient!! Will get the COC on 2nd week of Sept.

Timeline

Weird. How long does it take to send something in this small island? :)

I just got back from Police Complex. I still need to send them proof that I've been here since 2008. At least they allow email. They are so efficient!! Will get the COC on 2nd week of Sept.

I opted for the same-day-service, I think they almost lost my package. They called me this morning saying that they will be able to deliver today. I should have used the regular mail instead. Haaay...

What proof do they require? They just asked for my passport. Did they ask for your pictures? And did you ask them to have the clearance sent directly to the Embassy?

Timeline

What proof do they require? They just asked for my passport. Did they ask for your pictures? And did you ask them to have the clearance sent directly to the Embassy?

1. They asked me for proof that I've been here since 2008, so that is either my old passport with stamp of the SG immigration OR my employment contract.

2. They asked for two pics and I got only one. Lol. But she was nice enough to let me submit the other one when I pick up my COC.

3. Do they have to send directly to Embassy?? I thought that was for the CENOMAR only. Yeah, I just read the letter and it doesn't say that.

4. How did you fill out the DS-156? Hand- or type-written?

Timeline

1. They asked me for proof that I've been here since 2008, so that is either my old passport with stamp of the SG immigration OR my employment contract.

2. They asked for two pics and I got only one. Lol. But she was nice enough to let me submit the other one when I pick up my COC.

3. Do they have to send directly to Embassy?? I thought that was for the CENOMAR only. Yeah, I just read the letter and it doesn't say that.

4. How did you fill out the DS-156? Hand- or type-written?

Oh, they didn't ask for my picture :D

In the letter that has to be given to the police complex, it says there the certificate is to be sent directly to the requesting office, which is the embassy. So, I asked them to have it sent there.

Hand-written for DS-156. :)

Timeline

Bakit sabi sa taas, "... it will be necessary for you to submit to this office a Certificate of Clearance ..."? Ay nako. What am I gonna do??

They requested for a pic coz they are gonna paste it on the COC, and then the other pic is for their records. Are you sure you don't need it?

Timeline

Bakit sabi sa taas, "... it will be necessary for you to submit to this office a Certificate of Clearance ..."? Ay nako. What am I gonna do??

They requested for a pic coz they are gonna paste it on the COC, and then the other pic is for their records. Are you sure you don't need it?

I called them kanina, pinapabalik ako para sa picture. grrrrrrrr! They apologized for not getting them last week. I told them I can only come back either on Thursday or Friday. They assured me naman that it will not cause any delay to the processing of the clearance.

Hmmm.. my letter had this clause: "The COC will be sent directly to the requesting/processing office." They wanted me to pick it up on the 5th of September but I told them to send it directly to the Embassy.

Timeline

Ok. When I pick it up na lang I'll ask them to send to embassy na rin.

Don't stress! Buti naagapan. :)

In the requirements list kasi, it only highlights the CENOMAR that must be sent directly. So I just assumed that I can pick it up myself. But I guess there is no harm in sending it directly - except pag nawala nila sa embassy!!

Timeline

Ok. When I pick it up na lang I'll ask them to send to embassy na rin.

Don't stress! Buti naagapan. :)

In the requirements list kasi, it only highlights the CENOMAR that must be sent directly. So I just assumed that I can pick it up myself. But I guess there is no harm in sending it directly - except pag nawala nila sa embassy!!

Or maybe you can call them and instruct them to send it to the embassy. You have the reference number right?

Malas na lang if they lose it sa embassy! hehehehe!

I hope we get the packet 4 soon... I can't wait to get the visa and leeeaveeee! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.