Eternal Love

Bringing Yaya ( Baby sitter ) in the US

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

J1 for Aupair.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

J1 for Aupair.

All sorts of issues, let us start with age.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It doesn't matter if there are ISSUES, there are a bunch of people here posting on here that's not POSSIBLE, not that it's difficult. That is the key.

Yes, lots of requirements, age requirements, requirements that the J1 is I believe studying, etc. And salary requirements. But it IS possible. At least in theory.

http://j1visa.state.gov

And here are the requirements for an au pair J1

http://j1visa.state....rograms/au-pair

That's the official J1 visa site. The girl on the front page is an AU PAIR.

I believe that should be evidence enough that it's been done.

Edited by Mogambi

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It doesn't matter if there are ISSUES, there are a bunch of people here posting on here that's not POSSIBLE, not that it's difficult. That is the key.

Yes, lots of requirements, age requirements, requirements that the J1 is I believe studying, etc. And salary requirements. But it IS possible. At least in theory.

http://j1visa.state.gov

And here are the requirements for an au pair J1

http://j1visa.state....rograms/au-pair

That's the official J1 visa site. The girl on the front page is an AU PAIR.

I believe that should be evidence enough that it's been done.

In theory, pigs can fly. Realty is what matters. And in the real world, you can't show a single instance where someone brought over a yaya.

Au pairs are not yayas. Totally different.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you are saying Eternal Love's Yayaya should apply for a J1?

That is after all the question.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So you are saying Eternal Love's Yayaya should apply for a J1?

That is after all the question.

This is what is going to force the consulars to start giving lie detective tests. :rofl::crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The OP just asking for suggestion given what's on his hand to have this thing possible. I know exactly how his kids feel as I grew up with a nanny too. And as a parent-to-be, the peace of mind to leave your kids with person you already know.

Yes, it's not impossible as it is not forbidden in rules but how the rules set-up makes it impossible as you need to prove eligibility.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Well extraordinary skills have been mentioned by several posters.

I have no idea how the recognition system works, my knowledge is more along the Marry Poppins line.

And what other visa category would there be?

:rofl:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I am pregnant with a deploying hubby. I looked into bringing a nanny. It wasnt hard at all to find pinays who are USC or have GC willing to be a nanny. In fact I have already talked to about 5 interested applicants who seem legit and are willing to obtain child abuse clearances. I am however, going to pay decent US nanny rates. It will be for 6 months when baby is born and hubby is deployed so that I can continue school. It will be very difficult to bring someone over, just letting you know that there are other options available. Care.com is also a great site to get nannies and sitters. The au pair visa application is more expensive and just as lengthy as k1. Not worth it. But there are au pair agencies who have pinays eligible for this visa (because they have also worked in europe etc.) The agency alone charges $3k. Goodluck!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The J1 au pair visa is a possibility but that is a visitor exchange visa, not an immigrant visa. Eventually the yaya would have to leave. Petitioning as an unskilled worker (EW) is a possibility, assuming you can get a labor certification and can afford to pay, but those petitions take 3-5 years before the petition would become current. Would the child even need a yaya still in 3-5 years?

Just hire a Filipino in the US. It will be cheaper and easier in the long run. I'm not sure I understand the entitlement syndrome on here. Sometimes immigrating means making tough choices, like leaving the yaya behind, otherwise every IR2/CR2 would have a derivative Y visa (for yaya). That said, if you are financially comfortable and enjoy spending time with immigration lawyers, it is very possible to get a visa for this yaya.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.