Eternal Love

Bringing Yaya ( Baby sitter ) in the US

40 posts in this topic

helpsmilie.gifMe and my wife are planning to petition a yaya for our baby girl who is turning 1 this October. I have been reading lots of info online and now I am getting confused on what particular visa to apply for. Any helpful suggestions to simplify my upcoming application, please. The yaya has been the yaya of my wife and her siblings back in the Philippines and still lives with my wife's family ( taking care of the house ). helpsmilie.gif

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it's possible to do this. You can do some research on sites like greataupair.com and care.com. What you want is to bring an "au pair" or "nanny" to the U.S. from PI. This is possible. Research on those sites how to do it. It's a work visa of some sort. I meet people all the time in my neighborhood who have au pairs from other countries, usually south/central america and the caribbean but I've heard of au pairs from Phils as well. You can click on "partners" on the greataupair.com site to find a list of other companies to work with to get an au pair brought to the U.S. One example is this company. http://www.aupairinamerica.com/

Anyway, good luck and if all else fails google it. :)

Edited by newbster

Or better yet hire a qualified nanny from the U.S.:whistle:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

They will not allow this. There are more than enough people in the US qualified to be a baby sitter. I can guarantee a visa will not be granted for this purpose.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the don't allow for a yaya, that is truly sad. My cute lil bbgirl has had the same yaya all her life and it will be tough on her to leave her behind. I don't see how inadvertently punishing a young child benefits the USA. Workers come here all the time, do their job and leave. Having a yaya here until the child is old enough to understand why the yaya must leave certainly isn't going to make the sun explode.

Please post back any info you find.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Contact an au pair agency to learn what is and isn't possible. You cannot do this on your own.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

To the guys who are coming down hard in this thread with criticism, please back off. One of the things I've been impressed by on vj is that people really don't judge others when they ask questions. This is a place for sharing information and encouraging others...not judging other people or criticizing them when they innocently ask questions. You don't know Eternal Love's situation. Maybe they can't afford to pay and their yaya will do it for free? Maybe their yaya is a close family friend and they miss her. There could be so many reasons or explanations but it's not our place to try to figure it out - it's Eternal Love's decision. And one thing I've learned in life is that beating up on one person about something doesn't change the world, it just makes that one person's life and your own less happy.

Would you like it if people posted on your fiance thread that you shouldn't marry someone from another country because there are women or men in the U.S. who are unmarried and wish they had a husband or wife?

Come on, be nice please.

To Eternal Love: I'm sure you can do this. There are women in my neighborhood who are here as au pairs from other countries. I'm 100% sure of this. I've met them at the park taking my toddler there to play. I'm not sure how you do it but it's possible - just check out those sites I mentioned. It may take a long time though, not sure. Good luck. :)

Edited by newbster

Timeline

If the don't allow for a yaya, that is truly sad. My cute lil bbgirl has had the same yaya all her life and it will be tough on her to leave her behind. I don't see how inadvertently punishing a young child benefits the USA. Workers come here all the time, do their job and leave. Having a yaya here until the child is old enough to understand why the yaya must leave certainly isn't going to make the sun explode.

Please post back any info you find.

People come here for internships, or people who have special skills, or people with advanced educations, or people to fill positions in jobs that americans won't do.

Timeline

People come here for internships, or people who have special skills, or people with advanced educations, or people to fill positions in jobs that americans won't do.

Well a yaya that has been with a baby for many months certainly has a special skill and advanced education pertaining to the child....which is something an American won't possess. Love and trust has been built between the child and yaya, and I don't consider that insignificant.

I know for a fact no American would take care of my child for what I pay the yaya :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well a yaya that has been with a baby for many months certainly has a special skill and advanced education pertaining to the child....which is something an American won't possess. Love and trust has been built between the child and yaya, and I don't consider that insignificant.

I know for a fact no American would take care of my child for what I pay the yaya :rofl:

And that could also get you into trouble. You can't underpay someone just because they are not a citizen. That's one reason that this has to be done through an agency. To protect the au pairs from dirtbags looking to take advantage. So be careful when bragging about that to friends and acquaintances.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

To the guys who are coming down hard in this thread with criticism, please back off. One of the things I've been impressed by on vj is that people really don't judge others when they ask questions. This is a place for sharing information and encouraging others...not judging other people or criticizing them when they innocently ask questions. You don't know Eternal Love's situation. Maybe they can't afford to pay and their yaya will do it for free? Maybe their yaya is a close family friend and they miss her. There could be so many reasons or explanations but it's not our place to try to figure it out - it's Eternal Love's decision. And one thing I've learned in life is that beating up on one person about something doesn't change the world, it just makes that one person's life and your own less happy.

Would you like it if people posted on your fiance thread that you shouldn't marry someone from another country because there are women or men in the U.S. who are unmarried and wish they had a husband or wife?

Come on, be nice please.

To Eternal Love: I'm sure you can do this. There are women in my neighborhood who are here as au pairs from other countries. I'm 100% sure of this. I've met them at the park taking my toddler there to play. I'm not sure how you do it but it's possible - just check out those sites I mentioned. It may take a long time though, not sure. Good luck. :)

Well....that's great news then. My wife wanted to petition her 15 year old sister to come here. Now instead of waiting 23 years we can just sign her up for yayahood.....thanks for the information.

Timeline

And that could also get you into trouble. You can't underpay someone just because they are not a citizen. That's one reason that this has to be done through an agency. To protect the au pairs from dirtbags looking to take advantage. So be careful when bragging about that to friends and acquaintances.

I guess you missed the joke. I pay the yaya in the phils a very fair wage, but no American would work for the same thing here in the US.

Timeline

To the people bashing this idea and saying it can't be done, get your facts straight. It's entirely possible to bring over a nanny, even though it might prove 'difficult'. As to saying that they should only hire Americans. Nonsense. What if you want your nanny to speak Tagalog and you intend to raise your child bilingual. There are many reasons you might want to bring over a nanny.

Most of the nanny type visa situations I've seen, the rules are basically though that the au pair must under under 25 years old, and will be allowed to stay only 2 years. So many are college age girls.

But yes, by far the best thing is to contact an agency who handles this type of thing.

http://www.newaupair.com/index.aspx

That is one that might at least have some current information on how hard it would be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.