Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heartwarming

Does NVC only schedule interviews the second week of the month?

30 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

did I miss something here?? Your Profile Signature says your are at NVC stage and how you have been gotten your Interview Schedule??

Personally, I did not see any official documentation regarding Scheduling for the Interview. It goes through out the whole month but MOST of the cases got schedule for Interview within first 2 weeks of the month. It also depends on Embassy to Embassy how busy they are.

As I said, I don’t know whether it is a written rule ( first 2 weeks) or not but it is general trend these days.

good luck to all who are waiting for Interview appointment....

thank you

Wow, thank you and can you suggest how often to call?

I spoke with someone at the NVC (if I remember correctly her name was Diane) who was kind enough to explain this to me yesterday. She said that interviews are NORMALLY scheduled during the second week of each month. Your interview date can be any day during any week of the month but they normally set interview dates during the second week of each month. She said sometimes they schedule interviews outside of that week but its not routine. So some people might have had their date sent to them later in the month but that was an exception and nothing we should really expect. (Also, she said some embassies only have interviews on certain days of the week. For example, family based petitions K visa and IR/CR visas might only get interview dates on Tuesdays and Wednesdays).

I got an RFE for something silly on July 11th (which would have given us an August interview date if the case was completed then...grrrr), but my case got completed last week on the 27th. So...my hubby's interview date should be selected next week (2nd week in August). (Hopefully we all hear something then!) And if there is still space at his embassy, the interview date should be some time in September.

That's how it was explained to me.

I spoke with someone at the NVC (if I remember correctly her name was Diane) who was kind enough to explain this to me yesterday. She said that interviews are NORMALLY scheduled during the second week of each month. Your interview date can be any day during any week of the month but they normally set interview dates during the second week of each month. She said sometimes they schedule interviews outside of that week but its not routine. So some people might have had their date sent to them later in the month but that was an exception and nothing we should really expect. (Also, she said some embassies only have interviews on certain days of the week. For example, family based petitions K visa and IR/CR visas might only get interview dates on Tuesdays and Wednesdays).

I got an RFE for something silly on July 11th (which would have given us an August interview date if the case was completed then...grrrr), but my case got completed last week on the 27th. So...my hubby's interview date should be selected next week (2nd week in August). (Hopefully we all hear something then!) And if there is still space at his embassy, the interview date should be some time in September.

That's how it was explained to me.

Alright, they toldme the second week falls on the 16th. I guess I will call today and see what they say. Thanky ou.

I agree that they process scheduling all month long. They processed my parents scheduling on the 3rd and 8th not too long ago. of course the actual interview was 1.5 to 2 months later. However this was what NVC told me this morning: "we will be scheduling date from the 13th to 20th of August for September interview". But again I got different answer from different representative for the same question on the same day.

Edited by journeyman6116

Wow, thank you and can you suggest how often to call?

I believe you know the difference between F2A vs IR-1/ CR-1 visa in respect to WAITING game for Visa Available. Behind the curtain, even for IR-1/ CR-1, we have to wait for the INTERVIEW date available.

So, your case is done @ NVC on last week and in pipe line for the Interview. I don't know how busy the US Embassy @ Islamabad is and general trend to get the appointment for the interview. At this point, NVC does not do any further action until it hears back from US Embassy, Islamabad. Check the link, just for general idea ( does not seems really exciting though....)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php?history=90

and also consult the Regional discussion

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

I would say, you would be lucky if you hear back from NVC within 2nd week of August and Interview is scheduled for September/ early October

Find out the general trend ( time duration to schedule Interview after NVC @ Islamabad Embassy)and if you believe it is taking more than normal time frame, start keep calling NVC. For now, Be Calm and Call on Friday 10th August....

good luck....

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.