chimanrao

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Commissioners office and from PSK for Indian nationals

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Nope, no police verification if you reside at the same address as the address mentioned in the passport. If not, then it depends on the APO I think. As for what the officer said, I am sorry I cannot help you there as I am not sure if the current format of PCC contains the marital status, mine doesn't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sush,

I have been reading on VJ that some people have got their PCC both from Commissioner's office & PSK. Do you think it will help us in any way if we get both of them?

Nope, no police verification if you reside at the same address as the address mentioned in the passport. If not, then it depends on the APO I think. As for what the officer said, I am sorry I cannot help you there as I am not sure if the current format of PCC contains the marital status, mine doesn't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

RadhikaE,

Have you got your PCC from Commissioner's office already. Does it state the duration of stay at your present address in the PCC form? I am just wondering if getting boith the PCCs will help during the interview....

Also, an update - There is no need to visit the Police Commissioner's office in Bangalore to get the form. They can be downloaded directly from the website link below -

http://ksp.gov.in/download/forms/Verification%20Applicationnew%20eng.pdf

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am writing my experience with the Police Clearance Certificate.

Purpose: H1B work visa

A lot of thanks to ChimanRao for guiding through the process. I feel I should add some points to enable others, get things done easily..

As mentioned prior, you may download forms from ksp.gov.in

1. Police officers ask specifically, if U are going for a work visa - If the answer is yes, then you have to fill 2 forms.

The forms that you have to fill are the same but 2 copies of the forms have to be filled. The first form you will have to tick the Point No. 2 which specifies " Police Verification Certificate (PVC/PCC) for Job Purpose to MNCs/Private Sector/ Corporate/ & other companies ANTECEDENTS VERIFICATION along with ADDRESS VERIFICATION amount to be paid by the company." The charges are Rs. 1000/- as on August 2013. Take a separate challan for the 1000 rupees.

In the second form, tick Point No. 12 which specifies "Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for going abroad (Visa for studies)/Immigration purpose also for obtaining green card." The charges are Rs. 200/-.

Nowhere in the website or through the form, are mentioned the guidelines to fill which category, I learnt it the hard way when I had to turn back from the office to pay again & fill another form. You may take copies of the form and fill both the form separately, also attach required address proof, passport copy for verification separately. Also carry 6 passport size photographs for the 2 applications. I did rather recommend, to have more photos, more copies of address proof/passport so that you need not turn back.

2. You can pay the amount for police verification online through BangaloreOne services through this portal

www.bangaloreone.gov.in

Create a login id and password > enter into "police verification services" and make the payment using credit/debit card

Watch out for the "payment history" link below the list of services offered on the prior page.. It could be of help when you need a receipt. The receipt is emailed back to you.

3. You may also pay the amount in any of BangaloreOne centers. The closest is inside MS Building, near vikas soudha, but it will be crowded with people, who were most often directed for PCC purpose. So it is better, to pre-pay and go, else choose to pay at other bangaloreone centers.

I will also update any other procedures, which they ask me to do, the time frame for receiving etc shortly...

Timeline

Hi all of you,

Am posting my experience for the PCC.. The application submission was pretty fast.. They collected the application form, checked for the relevant documents and within 15 minutes gave an acknowledgement for the submission of application. The status was messaged to my mobile number, before I received the acknowledgement. The sms stated to meet the concerned police station for verification. The officer there, stated that we should personally go to the police station, after couple of days, probably with all the required same documents that we had submitted. Once the local police station gives a clearance, our application status will be updated and we will receive another sms. He asked to report to police commissioners office, 2 days after receipt of sms to collect the PCC...

Will update info, as I process through..

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Regards to all..

Am updating my experience for the PCC. I had to visit the local police station and check if my application had reached via their network service. Later a police constable visited my house, got couple of witness signatures from neighbours, collected documents (passport copy, address proof - gas bill or electricity bill, photos) and asked me to sign the document. The entire documentation was in kannada, but he was very kind enough to read it to me before signing. (I can understand kannada, but cannot read).. The documentation part took approx one and half hour. Once this process was over, say a week later, I received a sms stating my PCC is ready and has to be collected from COP (commissioner of police) office.. It was just a minute at the COP office, when they provided me with the PCC, after checking the acknowledgement number... It was really a hassle free experience.

Hope this helps to you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Awesome guide! Finally i feel like i am in the right place :)

I am confused by which method to get PCC. My visa file(F2A) will soon be completed at NVC and passed to Bombay Centre; and i would be required to show PCC there. So can I choose anyone method(PSK or Commissioner's Office) mentioned in the main post? Or is there a specific method for my case? Do both the ways end up at the same document required for Immigration to US ?

Thanks a lot in advance, and keep up the great work! Much appreciated!! :D

I-130

2011-11-08: I-130 Sent

2011-11-09: Priority Date

NVC

2013-06-06: NVC Recieved

2013-09-20: Received I-864 Bill

2013-09-28: Paid I-864 Bill

2013-09-28: AOS Docs sent

2013-10-08: Received IV Bill

2013-10-08: Paid IV Bill

2013-10-08: IV Docs sent

2013-11-14: Checklist received for AOS

2013-11-14: Checklist received for IV Documents

2013-11-16: Response to Checklist sent

2013-12-19: Case complete

2013-12-27: Interview Letter by Email

2014-01-11: Medical at Apollo, Ahmedabad

2014-02-16: Biometrics at VAC

2014-02-18: Interview at Mumbai Consulate ~Approved!! biggrin.png

2014-02-21: Visa Received

2014-02-28: BOM-JFK Journey Date!

2014-03-01: New York - JFK Port of Entry

• 11 months later...

Very useful thread. Just posting my experience for the benefit of others:

I applied for PCC at the Passport Seva Kendra, Sai Arcade, Bangalore.

1. Filled the application online at passportindia.gov.in. No need to book an appointment or make any payment online. Just fill the form and submit it and print the Application Receipt.

2. You can just walk into the Passport Seva Kendra with the Application Receipt. NO NEED FOR APPOINTMENT. But do go before 11 AM, preferably as early as possible. I think the PSK opens at 9:30 AM. Try to be early as the whole process takes a lot of time.

3. I arrived at PSK at 10 AM along with my husband. Documents to carry:

• Current Passport in original + 1 Xerox copy ( Note: Passport will be returned back to you )
  • Address Proof in original + 1 Xerox copy in case your current address is different from the one in passport. Refer to the passportindia.gov.in to see what are the accepted set of address proofs.
  • A letter stating the reason for applying for PCC.
  • Any document proofs to show that PCC is required. (I just showed my offer letter.)

4. They check the documents and issue a token.

5. Went to Counter A, where they verified the documents and data on the online form. Also took my finger prints and picture. Paid Rs 500 + Rs 30( in case you need SMS service) : Waiting Time: 1 min, Time at the counter : 10-15 min

6. Next went to Counter B, where another senior executive checked all the documents. Waiting time: 2.5 hrs, Time at the counter: 10 min

7. Next went to Counter C, where another executive reviewed the file. In case your current address is same as in the passport, they will issue you the PCC right at the counter. They will issue 2 copies of PCC along with a stamp in the passport. If the address is different, they will accept the file and indicate that Police Verification will be initiated. Waiting Time: 2 hours, Time at the counter: 10 min

My husband's address was same as in the passport, so he got the PCC then and there. In my case, the address was different, so a Police Verification was initiated.

8. Collected the acknowledgement and walked out.

We spent a total of 6 hours at the PSK. So plan your activities for the day accordingly.

- My Police verification was initiated the next day and I got an email notification.

- The Police authorities called me 2 days later to visit the Police Station along with my address proof, passport and 2 passport size photos. They asked me to fill 2-3 forms and sign. No references were asked.

- After 3 working days, I got a SMS that my PCC is ready for collection.

Few other observations:

- In case you are married but don't have the spouse name added in the passport, then fill your marital status as "Single" in the online application form. If not, they will change it to 'Single' at the Counter A. They mentioned that PCC is issued as a single status. Note: There is no mention of marital status on the PCC though.

- In case you are in a hurry and your address on the passport is different from old address, you can just fill the form with the old address itself ( provided it is in the same city). That way you can get the PCC on the same day in hand. Also the PCC does not mention any address. Note: This might not be the right thing to do but sometimes getting a fresh police verification done seems unnecessary if you moved just 2 blocks away from your previous residence.

- I did call few people to check the process of getting PCC directly from the Commissioner's Office. That process sounded a bit long with a lot of manual follow-ups. Also they charge Rs 1000 + Rs 200 for Employment based PCC where as PSK charges a flat Rs 500. Not sure why there is a difference but I chose to go with PSK as it seemed to be a much organized process.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Friends..

Thanks for the very useful information.

One quick query..

What is the difference between getting a PCC from commissioner office Vs PCC from PSK?

Are they both same?

I have applied through commissioner office..and I am going to get it tomorrow. Is my activity done with this? or should I go to PSK as well?

Can someone help please?

Thank you

Vinay

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I have applied for my mother's PCC online? Does anybody have any experience how the online application of PCC works in Bangalore? How much time it takes? What are the steps in online application?

Thanks

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Thank you for the awesome post. I am also in the process of getting my PCC from Bangalore and after numerous trips to the local police station, they have just sent the document to the Commissioner's office for uploading so that the PSK can then issue the PCC to me.

I have two questions -

1. Why are there two types of PCC. Will it suffice if I just get the PCC from the PSK?

2. In the G-325A form we mentioned that we also lived in another part of India for 6 months. Do we need to go to the Commsioner's office there also to get another PCC? The problem is that we do not have any proof of address from this other place...we were just staying with friends and do not have any official papers to show that we were residing there....what to do in this case?

Thank you for your opinion on this.

Hi Guys, I have lived in bangalore for 3 years and currently staying in Kerala for last 5 years. As per the Green Card application I need to submit the PCC from all the places lived after age 16. Can anyone suggest the PCCs required for my case.

is it like below.

1. PCC from PSK of Kerala(My passport issued from Kerala) and

2. PCC from Commisioner Office Bangalore

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Glad if it helps you out!

And of course, one last point I forgot to mention:

The process may turn out to be different in other peoples experience. I've read in other forums that some people have walked into the PSK and gotten their PCC done on the same day! I have no idea how that would be even possible, unless an exception is made. But what we had to go through does seem to be the logical progression/expectation of events to take place..

So if you see anything different, please do share... If you skip some steps, that'll be brilliant!

Best of luck for your applications!

Very useful and very informative. Thanks a lot!

Only PSK-issued PCCs are required.. and appropriate for.. US immigrant Visas.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html#policerecords-6

Police Records

Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:

• All Indian nationals aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police clearance certificates from the Regional Passport Office.
  • Indian passport holders residing outside India should obtain a statement from their local Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission confirming they have no criminal record.
  • Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are registered with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) should obtain police certificates from the FRRO serving their area of residence.
  • Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are not registered with the FRRO, such as foreigners holding Overseas Citizen of India status, should obtain police clearance certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.
  • Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants residing outside India.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
post-202428-0-12504400-1432555977_thumb.jpg
That was very helpful thank you but I have a little query. My fiance applied for a K-1 fiance visa for me in States. Now the petition has reached US Consulate General, Mumbai I got the following letter from the Consulate yesterday (attachment). The letter states the requirement of PCC from regional passport office. So would this letter (attachment) be sufficient for the passport office officials to issue or approve of my application for wanting a PCC or would they require additional letters from the consulate, or any other document proving that I genuinely need a PCC?
I need the PCC for my interview that I am planning to schedule in July.
Thanks.

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: NOA1 notification received in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition)

April 24, 2015: Case approved by USCIS (24 days after receiving NOA1)

May 1, 2015: NOA2 received in mail

May 14, 2015: Case getting processed at NVC

May 19, 2015: NVC processing done

May 24, 2015: Letter from NVC received (31 days after receiving NOA2) (case forwarded to consulate, interview location allotted)

May 25, 2015: I receive Packet 3 from United States Consulate General, Mumbai

May 28, 2015: Filled DS-160 form online, confirmation received and printed

June 1, 2015: Visa fees paid. Consular interview and OFC scheduled for 10 July, 2015

June 15, 2015: Medical examination

July 10, 2015: Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate. Visa approved!!

July 11, 13, 15, 2015: Case status on caec changed to 'Ready' on each mentioned date and case creation dates updated on each mentioned date
July 16, 2015: Case creation date updated, case status changed to 'Administrative Processing'
July 17, 2015: Case status updated to 'Issued' passport dispatched through BlueDart, DHL

July 20, 2015: Received passport with my visa on it and a sealed yellow envelope

September 2, 2015: POE Orlando, Florida

September 17, 2015: Courthouse marriage. We're married!

October 8, 2015: AOS, EAD and AP application submitted via UPS

October 19, 2015: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP received in mail

October 24, 2015: Civil marriage with families present. We're married, again!

October 27, 2015: Biometric notice received in mail

November 2, 2015: Biometrics done (walk-in at Orlando center) and RFE received in email for GC appliaction

January 7, 2016: EAD, AP approved (91 days after submitting the AOS application)

March 11, 2016: GC approved

May 6, 2020: Filed N400 online

May 7, 2020: Online receipt confirming USCIS received my case for N400 online (hard copy received in mail)

August 7, 2020: Online notification of biometrics reuse (hard copy received in mail)

August 14, 2020: Online notification for interview appointment (hard copy received in mail)

September 23, 2020: Naturalization interview, case approved, took oath, and just like that I am now a citizen of the United States!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.