visahelpme

Will Spouse visa get denied for Herpes PLEASE HELP

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank you to a couple of you that have answered so far with what seems to be some good general advice. I was hoping to hear from someone that either may have been in the same situation, or knew of someone in the exact same situation and if they did mark YES on the medical exam for an STD that was not on the CDC's list of "immediate concerns" and "public health significance, were they still granted the visa? Can anyone recommend an immigration legal hotline or an immigration sanctioned Doctor that I might be able to call and ask?

There has to be somebody out there can give me a definitive and 100% accurate answer. I understand that if they found out she had it through the exam, it would be worse to have lied about it than it would to choose Yes on the STD question and state what it is. The biggest question again is will she get denied and deemed inadmissible because of it? Once I know the 100% correct answer to that question, I can decide how we are going to handle the situation. I just need someone who knows the answer as a fact.

Edited by visahelpme

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you to a couple of you that have answered so far with what seems to be some good general advice. I was hoping to hear from someone that either may have been in the same situation, or knew of someone in the exact same situation and if they did mark YES on the medical exam for an STD that was not on the CDC's list of "immediate concerns" and "public health significance, were they still granted the visa? Can anyone recommend an immigration legal hotline or an immigration sanctioned Doctor that I might be able to call and ask?

There has to be somebody out there can give me a definitive and 100% accurate answer. I understand that if they found out she had it through the exam, it would be worse to have lied about it than it would to choose Yes on the STD question and state what it is. The biggest question again is will she get denied and deemed inadmissible because of it? Once I know the 100% correct answer to that question, I can decide how we are going to handle the situation. I just need someone who knows the answer as a fact.

You are looking for someone to give you confidence to do the right thing?

You have been given the facts several times in this thread.

1. If your your wife knows she has a sexually transmitted disease then she must mark the form YES. There simply is no other correct answer. Waiting for someone to share a similar experience will not change this answer.

2. There is a clear list of health related reasons for inadmissibility. Communicable diseases of public health significance can be found in 42 CFR 34.2 Check it out it's the LAW

These my friend are THE FACTS!

Filed: Timeline

Operator. The condescending tone of your reply is unwarranted and your statements are incorrect. It is clear you did not read my last question or just failed to understand what I was asking. Perhaps my replies next to each of your last comments will make it a little easier for you to comprehend exactly what I was asking.

You are looking for someone to give you confidence to do the right thing? Wrong, I know what the right thing to do is. I am looking for someone who has already been through the same situation, and exactly what the end result was. Did they get denied, delayed or admitted anyway?

You have been given the facts several times in this thread. Wrong again. I have been redirected to the same guidelines and documents that I have already seen and reviewed several times, and individual interpretations of those documents. I have also been given a speech on the moral and legal issues of telling the truth as opposed to lying. We got past that several posts ago.

1. If your your wife knows she has a sexually transmitted disease then she must mark the form YES. There simply is no other correct answer. Waiting for someone to share a similar experience will not change this answer. It has already been established that YES is the correct answer. Looking for someone who has had a similar experience and been through this already let's us know with facts, what we are to expect.

2. There is a clear list of health related reasons for inadmissibility. Communicable diseases of public health significance can be found in 42 CFR 34.2 Check it out it's the LAW. Ok yeah no kidding. There was never any questions as to weather or not it was the law. The question again was can anyone that has been through a similar experience confirm that a YES with HSV2 listed as the STD, cause a denial.Has anyone else been through the exact same thing? I can't find any other simpler way to ask this same question in a manner that you might understand Operator.

These my friend are THE FACTS! Oh Really? So you have been in the same situation and know exactly what the result was? The Facts can only be stated by someone who has already been through the exact same scenario, or as I asked in my last post a Doctor that does medical exams for immigration or a legal professional hat maybe has had clients in the same situation in the past. Are you either of these that would qualify you to be in a position to state THE FACTS? If you qualify as any of the previous, I would like to speak to you more for the most accurate answer. If you are not, then you are speaking without the benefit of definitive knowledge, otherwise know as opinion, and I would not care to hear any more of yours. Thank you anyway.

I do appreciate many of the comments that several others have posted so far, which have been helpful in general.

Edited by visahelpme

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't have experience with what you are asking, but perhaps this will help. Herpes is NOT on the list. Good luck.

What diseases prevent non-U.S. citizens from coming to the United States?

Diseases that can prevent entry to the U.S. fall into three categories:

• Any of the following diseases: active tuberculosis, infectious syphilis, gonorrhea, infectious leprosy, chancroid, lymphogranuloma venereum, granuloma inguinale, and HIV infection. (HIV infection will be removed on January 4, 2010)
  • Quarantinable diseases designated by any Presidential Executive Order. The current list of diseases includes cholera, diphtheria, infectious tuberculosis, plague, smallpox, yellow fever, viral hemorrhagic fevers, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and influenza caused by novel or re-emergent influenza (pandemic flu).
  • Diseases reportable as a public health emergency of international concern to the World Health Organization under the International Health Regulations of 2005. These diseases currently include: polio, smallpox, SARS, pandemic flu and other public health emergencies of international concern.

HIV infection will be removed as a communicable disease of public health significance effective January 4, 2010. At that time, HIV infection will not be used to keep people from entering the United States.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Operator. The condescending tone of your reply is unwarranted and your statements are incorrect. It is clear you did not read my last question or just failed to understand what I was asking. Perhaps my replies next to each of your last comments will make it a little easier for you to comprehend exactly what I was asking.

You are looking for someone to give you confidence to do the right thing? Wrong, I know what the right thing to do is. I am looking for someone who has already been through the same situation, and exactly what the end result was. Did they get denied, delayed or admitted anyway?

You have been given the facts several times in this thread. Wrong again. I have been redirected to the same guidelines and documents that I have already seen and reviewed several times, and individual interpretations of those documents. I have also been given a speech on the moral and legal issues of telling the truth as opposed to lying. We got past that several posts ago.

1. If your your wife knows she has a sexually transmitted disease then she must mark the form YES. There simply is no other correct answer. Waiting for someone to share a similar experience will not change this answer. It has already been established that YES is the correct answer. Looking for someone who has had a similar experience and been through this already let's us know with facts, what we are to expect.

2. There is a clear list of health related reasons for inadmissibility. Communicable diseases of public health significance can be found in 42 CFR 34.2 Check it out it's the LAW. Ok yeah no kidding. There was never any questions as to weather or not it was the law. The question again was can anyone that has been through a similar experience confirm that a YES with HSV2 listed as the STD, cause a denial.Has anyone else been through the exact same thing? I can't find any other simpler way to ask this same question in a manner that you might understand Operator.

These my friend are THE FACTS! Oh Really? So you have been in the same situation and know exactly what the result was? The Facts can only be stated by someone who has already been through the exact same scenario, or as I asked in my last post a Doctor that does medical exams for immigration or a legal professional hat maybe has had clients in the same situation in the past. Are you either of these that would qualify you to be in a position to state THE FACTS? If you qualify as any of the previous, I would like to speak to you more for the most accurate answer. If you are not, then you are speaking without the benefit of definitive knowledge, otherwise know as opinion, and I would not care to hear any more of yours. Thank you anyway.

I do appreciate many of the comments that several others have posted so far, which have been helpful in general.

Hi there ! I really understand your feelings and how you want things to be CERTAIN. I guess, so far, no one of the VJ members who responded to this thread, had similar or exact actual experience. I think most of us here tried our best to help you by giving some FACTS and useful information. For now, I think what you need is to try talk to the US embassy, ask them in particular. But, I'm sure they would still not give you DEFINITE answer to your question, since they need to study first your situation, as each case is treated independently. I guess, even if you consult an immigration lawyer, they still couldn't give you a DEFINITE answer. The lawyers could only tell you with some possibilities, but, not really the exact answer to your question.

As most of us mentioned here, just answer YES.... if ever, she would have to undergo medical treatment, just be open to it, it may delay the process a little while, or IF NOT, then, be thankful to God, that means she is heading soon there with you after the interview, since having STDs IS NOT GROUND FOR VISA DENIAL.

Instead of worrying too much, just do what you can to help your spouse, but, it is important to pray and have confidence in GOD -- He knows best for you and your wife. If God would really bring the two of you together, then no matter how hard it is, God finds way. Always remember, God ways are higher than our ways - so, if you feel very exhausted and stressed out, please calm down and let God do the rest. He is an able and magnificent God. I'm sure things would be fine for you and your wife. Don't worry too much. Take care and God bless you ! :)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

OP is just looking for replies from ppl who have been in this EXACT situation

He is not looking for assumptions and feelings and vibrations.

What he is NOT looking for is Speculation.

So pls stop judging and making fun of his situation

If you have No firsthand experience then it will be best to say nothing.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

• 2 weeks later...

USCIS

2011/09/06 Mailed I-130 - 2011/09/16 Received NOA1 in mail - 2011/09/08 Priority date on letter - 2012/03/08 RFE Mailed
2012/04/18 USCIS received RFE responce - 2012/05/21 NOA2 APPROVED

NVC
2012/06/21 Case number and IV number received - 2102/07/06 DS3032 sent via postal mail - 2012/07/06 AOS 1-864 Bill $88 paid online
2012/07/11 AOS 1-864 bill show PAID online - 2012/07/13 AOS packet mail out - 2012/07/21 DS3032 accepted - 2012/07/21 Receive IV Bill DS-230 - 2012/07/23 Pay IV Bill DS-230 - 2012/07/24 IV Bill DS-230 show PAID online - 2012/07/24 IV packet mail out - 2012/08/03 Case  completed at NVC - 2012/09/28 Interview date. Received by email(2012/08/03)

MEDICAL/ US EMBASSY/ POE
2012/09/14 Medical Appointment - 2012/09/26 Interview / Need Co Sponsor - 2012/12/06 Acquired Co Sponsor and all relevant documents
2012/12/11 2nd Interview/ Required to submit Co.S documents along with my passport - 2012/12/11 Interview outcome APPROVED
2012/12/13 Visa in hand - 2013/01/16 POE..Miami International airport

2013/01/28 Received SS card in mail
2013/02/07 Received 2 year Green card in mail

File ROC 2014/11/18 . Appointment for fingerprints 2015/02/17, Decision 2015/05/13. 10 year Green Card in hand 2015/05/28

N-400

2018/1/27 Mail in N-400 - Chicago Lock Box - 2018/2/1 Certified mail arrived Lock Box - 2018/2/1 Priority Date - 2018/2/14 Received Receipt in mail - 2018/2/14 Received NOA to set up my online account - 2018/2/9 Online status stated appointment scheduled for bio-metrics. Bio-metrics Appointment 2018/3/1.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You might want to create your own thread for your question.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.