R & B

NBI clearance renewal

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, this is for Phils NBI clearance. I've been researching about the renewal of the "new nbi clearance" but none answers my question precisely. So here goes.. I took my first nbi clearance on November of 2011 while I was on vacation in the Phils, yes I took it that early because I wasn't anticipating K1 visa takes time (5 months for NOA2 approval and who knows how long is my interview would be? Maybe another 3-5 months) Still waiting for my packets 3&4 btw. So yeah, I have my nbi clearance dated Nov 2011. Then I went back to UAE the same month. Our NOA2 just got approved this month (June,2012) fearing that my waiting time for the scheduled interview here in Abu Dhabi US Embassy will take more time. let's say it reaches Nov 2012, which by that time my nbi clearance will be already expired.

My question - Does anyone here able to renew their nbi clearance having registered with the new biometrics system? My NBI clearance already has the QR code (unlike what the old one they had which has a bar code) and mine has a digital fingerprint, so I'm thinking that all new applications taken later months of 2011 does not fall under "all applications are considered first time/new , no more renewal" as my records are now in the new biometrics system they are currently using. Am I wrong? And another question is that do I still need to go to Phils consulate here in Abu Dhabi and get myself a fingerprint card form even if I already have the new nbi clearance(with QR and digital fingerprints)? I wanted to ask my sister to renew for my nbi clearance who is in the Phils. but there's no clear and factual or reliable answer/process regarding renewal of nbi clearance with this new biometrics system. Any opinion is really appreciated. Thanks .

Edited by R & B

event.png

--------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-01-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-06-11

NVC Received : 2012-07-05

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no renewal of NBI clearance. You need to apply for a new one.

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found this info from the NBI website : http://www.nbi.gov.ph/nbcs/FAQ.pdf

6) How do persons living abroad apply for NBI Clearance?

- Secure NBI clearance application form from the Philippine

Embassy/Consulate in the country where applicant resides,

else, ask a relative in the Philippines to send application form,

which can be secured from the Office of the Identification and Records Division (IRD), 4th Floor, NBI Clearance Building, UN Ave., Manila.

Accomplish the form and ask for assistance in taking your fingerprint impressions (rolled) and have it signed by the one who assisted in the fingerprinting. Attach one (1) 2x2 picture in white background, photocopy of passport, photocopy of Identification Card/s and authorization letter if a relative in the Philippines will submit the application in your behalf. This relative will also be in-charge of sending you your NBI clearance certificate.

If you are sending the application to the Philippines thru mail or forwarders, address same to Ms. Julie Macalit, Mailed Clearance Section, 2nd Floor NBI Clearance Building, U.N. Avenue, Ermita, Manila. If you will send a check, it should be payable to the NBI Director in Philippine currency in the amount of two hundred pesos (P200.00) with drawee bank in the Philippines. If you will send cash, dollars are acceptable, the amount of which, is equivalent to two hundred pesos (P200.00). Your NBI clearance certificate will be mailed to you thru air mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.