christelle69

Poor Filipina girl tourist visa

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I met a wonderful girl in Davao 3 years ago! She is poor, has 2 kids, no real job (she buys and sells used clothes!) I have been supporting her for 3 years now. I send her 12,000 peso every month. We have receipts. Everyone said it was impossible for her to come to Australia to visit me. I am a US citizen who lives here in Australia. I put $1200 US $ in her bank account and have $80,000 in mine. She has visited me here in Australia twice now without any problems at all for 3 month visits and has returned to P.I. on time! Australia has the same strict entry conditions like America. So now I want to have her visit America and to meet my family. Based on her past positive visa results to her Australia---why should there be any problem for her to go visit to America??? Everyone on this board seems so cynical! With the proof of my long time support and the $$ I have in my bank account---WHY SHOULD SHE BE DENIED ENTRY??????

I met a wonderful girl in Davao 3 years ago! She is poor, has 2 kids, no real job (she buys and sells used clothes!) I have been supporting her for 3 years now. I send her 12,000 peso every month. We have receipts. Everyone said it was impossible for her to come to Australia to visit me. I am a US citizen who lives here in Australia. I put $1200 US $ in her bank account and have $80,000 in mine. She has visited me here in Australia twice now without any problems at all for 3 month visits and has returned to P.I. on time! Australia has the same strict entry conditions like America. So now I want to have her visit America and to meet my family. Based on her past positive visa results to her Australia---why should there be any problem for her to go visit to America??? Everyone on this board seems so cynical! With the proof of my long time support and the $$ I have in my bank account---WHY SHOULD SHE BE DENIED ENTRY??????

The CO at the the interview has to be convinced she will return to the Philippines. the proof she needs is not your long time support. she needs to prove she has significant ties the Philippines. the money in your bank account doesn't matter. it's possible your long time support could be a detriment. not being cynical, just realistic.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Australia has the same strict entry conditions like America.

I disagree. Rules are pretty similar but While Australia trust you as alien and expect best of conduct from you, America is skeptic and see the worst an alien can do . Just a basic difference in approach gives two contrasting outcome.

A single phil lady with two kids entering to America????? Not simple

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I think she should be ok visiting you in America. I don't understand why you're talking about you financially supporting her and having money in your bank. All those things have nothing to do with her tourist visa.

Married May 2011

10/07/2011: NOA1

12/15/2011: NOA2

01/12/2012: NVC case number arrived

01/13/2012: DS-3032 emailed

01/27/2012: Barcode arrived via e-mail

03/06/2012: I-864&DS-230 sent together

03/13/2012: RFE

04/16/2012: Additional documents sent

05/02/2012: NVC case complete

05/14/2012: Medical

06/04/2012: Interview--->approved

06/05/2012: Visa arrived in mail

LAX POE Review

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A single, poor (your words) PI woman with no job is going to be a difficult sell to the US consulate. But there is a 100% guarentee she won't get it if she doesn't apply

There is a laundry list of reasons why she wouldn't get it, and her travels to Australia are irrelevant. As is the amount of money you have.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

A single, poor (your words) PI woman with no job is going to be a difficult sell to the US consulate. But there is a 100% guarentee she won't get it if she doesn't apply

There is a laundry list of reasons why she wouldn't get it, and her travels to Australia are irrelevant. As is the amount of money you have.

Good luck

Our laws are different...anyone seeking a tourist visa is PRESUMED to be going to the US to stay, and must convince the VO otherwise...but she has no reasons to return to the PI, given her lack of meaningful employment and the fact that YOU are providing financial support from a different country. Also, the track records of single filipinas abusing tourist visas (to the US) is off the charts. :blush:

Everyone on this board seems so cynical! With the proof of my long time support and the $$ I have in my bank account---WHY SHOULD SHE BE DENIED ENTRY??????

Twice she has come to Australia AND RETURNED to the Philippines. She has a 3 year old and an 8 year old and the rest of her family living there! I don't even live in America anymore! I live in Australia with my 13 year old son and his Australian mother!!

If she doesn't have a job they do!!!

Why are you shouting? If you want to highlight/bring something to attention there are functions that allow this, this, this and colour/shades.

Your girlfriend is a young unmarried mother of 2 who doesn't do a 9-5 or operates a registered business, doesn't seem to own property, has an American boyfriend (your bank $$$ means nothing to the VO) who constantly has to care for her and her needs. All this works against her.

Come on and let's be realistic, PI citizens aren't flooding Australia like they do America so not because she behaved herself down under means she will once she gets a taste of the American dream. Again, it doesn't look good especially considering she's Filipina but if she can pull a 180 on the facts of her life or you believe she will be successful regardless then go ahead and have her apply.

Edited by aaydrian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why does she not apply and then you can tell us what happened?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Everyone on this board seems so cynical! With the proof of my long time support and the $$ I have in my bank account---WHY SHOULD SHE BE DENIED ENTRY??????

You came to this forum looking for information about other peoples' experiences. They gave you good information based on their experiences, and you call them cynical because you don't like the answer. Sometime it's the system that cynical and not the people trying to help you.

How many poor people you think abuse their visitor visas in the US? Better to be illegal and working in the US then poor and not working outside the US.

Do you know that 15% of the Asian immigrants in the US are illegal? Most came to the US with visitor visas.

While you know your girl is different, the US government does not. She will be lumped in with all the other poor Filipinos applying for visitor visas. The chance of an unemployed and poor Filipina getting a visa is practically zero.

The visitor visa process is about her; not you. Your support and your money does not matter. It's about her.

Come on back and let us know what the results are when she applies.

Edited by aaron2020

My ex filipina gf back in 2005 had two ex BF's one from Wales and one from England. She went with them each and never over-stayed. In 2006 she got a 6 month single entry to USA to come back with me to meet my family. Although I no longer date her she is a good person. I just heard she received a 10 year multiple entry Visa with her new American BF. I am a firm believer that once a Filipino show they are no threat to over-stay or not go back then their Visa will be approved. I did fill out an afitdavit (spelling??) of support for her. I do not see your situation as anything to worry about.

Edited by LSnBigBear

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Australia and the US do not have the same "strict rules" it is actually easier to get into Australia :)

You should think about it from the IO's perspective: your fiance is coming visit the man who financially supports here, to a country which has supposedly higher living standards.

I really believe the people here are trying to help you and trying to help you see it from the IO's perspective to help you prepare for the potential obsticals you may face -- THEY COULD BE WRONG.

I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know how it goes, if you are successful you can help others who maybe are in the same position as you!

Edited by BrittandDan

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.