Esmeralda715

I-864 Affidavit of Support question

7 posts in this topic

Question: On the I-864 Affidavit Of Support, question # 9 It says to list any other family members that will be immigrating at the same time or within 6 months of the principal named.

Since his POE was late April that means between April and October right?

And if so will there be additional fees for the AOS even though she's not currently here and I will be sending out his AOS before she's here and probably before her interview in DR?

Thanks for all your help!

Yes..6 months from his arrival. Since your step daughter's AOS will not be filed with her father's, then you need to file another I-864 because it will be sent at different times, not all together. And since you are also filing seperate, then the fee for her will be $985 instead of $635.

Filing Fee :

$985. (Add $85 biometric fee for a total of $1070, where applicable. See the form instructions for payment details.) You must make your check payable to Department of Homeland Security.

Special Instructions :

There are exceptions in which the applicant is not required to pay the entire $1070:

Applicants 79 years of age or older are not charged a biometric fee; the fee total is $985.

There is no fee for applicants who are filing Form I-485 based on having been admitted to the United States as a refugee.

There is no fee if an applicant is filing as a refugee under section 209(a) of the INA.

For applicants under 14 years of age:

Filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $635;

Not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $985. <-- this applies to you because you're sending another AOS package.

However, that will be the only fee, which includes the fees for AP (I-131) and EAD (I-765). She doesn't have to pay anything extra, except any fees out there in Santo Domingo example, for the medical exam/vaccines (if she does them over there), visa, banco popular receipts, authorization to travel form, etc... But once she is here, that will be the only fee to be paid to USCIS will be $985.

*Someone correct me if I'm wrong*

Edited by sanchez525

Ok Thanks Sanchez, is there a time limit as to when we have to file for her AOS once she's here? I wanted to wait and file for her AOS once her dad was working to make sure we meet the income requirements since at this moment I don't qualify sola.

Ok Thanks Sanchez, so should I NOT put here on the form on #9 since I will have to do a separate one for her later? Is there a time limit as to when we have to file for her AOS once she's here? I wanted to wait and file for her AOS once her dad was working to make sure we meet the income requirements since at this moment I don't qualify sola.

There's no time limit but you should do it as soon as you can because you want her to protect her legal status in the US..atleast before the 90 days that they initially give her. Don't put her name in that section because you will do it seperately.

Ok cool Thanks again. God willing he'll be working by the time her 90 days are up to make sure we meet the income requirements for her AOS.

Ok cool Thanks again. God willing he'll be working by the time her 90 days are up to make sure we meet the income requirements for her AOS.

youre very welcome :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.