Mimin Rustin

Whats next after Post decision activity on I-130

12 posts in this topic

Dear VJ Friends,

We are applying for I-130 and we checked to USCIS websites on sunday we got confirmation that the status now changed to post decision activity and they have mailed us but we still haven't received it. Can anyone please adv us whats the meaning of this ? it said that we have approved. Understand that learned from everyone here that the next step is will go to NVC then interview ? is that true ?

Thank you all for your kind advise and share.

Dear VJ Friends,

We are applying for I-130 and we checked to USCIS websites on sunday we got confirmation that the status now changed to post decision activity and they have mailed us but we still haven't received it. Can anyone please adv us whats the meaning of this ? it said that we have approved. Understand that learned from everyone here that the next step is will go to NVC then interview ? is that true ?

Congratulations on your approval! The actual approval notice (or NOA-2 as we call it here) should arrive at the petitioner's mailing address within a couple of weeks.

Your file will get sent to NVC, and due to the current backlog, it might take around a month for you to get your case number. When you get your case number, the beneficiary will send the DS-3032 Choice of Agent (through e-mail preferably) and then pay the AOS and IV fees, and send the papers for the AOS package and IV package. Only when your case is complete at NVC will they assign an interview date for you.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Dear Regina,

Many thanks for your kind reply and valuable info, if i read your timeline so from NOA-2 until the interview will take at least 2 months then ?

Best regards,

Mimin

Congratulations on your approval! The actual approval notice (or NOA-2 as we call it here) should arrive at the petitioner's mailing address within a couple of weeks.

Your file will get sent to NVC, and due to the current backlog, it might take around a month for you to get your case number. When you get your case number, the beneficiary will send the DS-3032 Choice of Agent (through e-mail preferably) and then pay the AOS and IV fees, and send the papers for the AOS package and IV package. Only when your case is complete at NVC will they assign an interview date for you.

Dear Regina,

Many thanks for your kind reply and valuable info, if i read your timeline so from NOA-2 until the interview will take at least 2 months then ?

Best regards,

Mimin

I don't even have our interview date yet. But from NOA2 to case completion at NVC, it might take around 2 months. The first month alone will most likely be spent on waiting for NVC to assign a case number. After case completion at NVC, the interview date is usually scheduled within 2 months, but it varies by country.

USCIS

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

NVC

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

Embassy

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The casefile gets sent to NVC.

After some time, NVC opens the casefile,

then NVC Document Intake and Fee Processing starts.

Here's some steps for you -

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Dear VJ Friends,

What you need with you for the entire process from the petitioner standpoint.

- Proof of your residence or citizenship

- Your Drivers license, or ID

- The Marriage certificate

- Photo of the beneficiary (spouse) - passport size

- Biographic page of their passport

- Birth certificate (spouse)

- Police clearance for spouse - this Takes anywhere between 1-5 months depending what country the spouse is from

eg. Malaysia takes 6 weeks.

- DS230 part 1 and 2 completed and signed by spouse

- DS3230 - completed and signed

- tax returns with w-2 recent year only. If you are petitioning for 2012, your returns for 2011 will be the most recent, regardless of which month it is.

- If you haven't filed taxes yet, returns for 2010 and the last paystub for the 2011 showing the total gross must be sent with all the other supporting finance including all 2012 paystubs or JUST GO FILE YOUR TAXES!

USCIS & NVC, requires a lot of documentations of you and the person you are filling for, if you have all of the things i listed above- you are in good shape. Only send COPIES to USCIS and Originals to NVC

As soon as you submit all the forms and fees for the initial I-130 form - do the following.

1. Get the person you're filling for apply for a police clearance immediately (this may not apply for indonesians). No country has this "certificate of good conduct" available immediately. This is a letter of any criminal history from the country your spouse is residing. It takes 1 - 5 months to be completed - Important scale 10. Have it mailed to you and keep this.

Get the ds-230 from state.gov filled and signed by the person you are sponsoring and have them sign it but do not date it yet and mail it to you. You keep this until further notice

When your case is 100% completed in USCIS (5-6 months), you will receive a notice a.k.a (NOA-2)saying your case is now with NVC and they will soon contact you.

Step 2: The NVC (2 months)

Wait for about 5 business days, and call NVC (the number is in the letter) and read them your USCIS case number and see if the NVC has assigned a case number for it. The Case number from NVC will start with a City code and the year (for eg; Kuala lumpur, Malaysia in 2012 will be KLL2012*******) Get this number for your case. IMPORTANT!

What do you do after you get the case number? Assign agent immediately

Go here: http://www.visajourn...il_DS-3032_form

Copy paste with your details and send it.

Wait few days, and you will get a response and via email and there will be .pdf file attachments that will have the AOS (affidavit of support requirement) - pay that and send it in

Wait a day or so - the status should change to PAID - Fill the affidavit of support form and submit the documents supporting your claim in that form (w-2, pay stubs etc)

This will take between 2-20 business days. Just your luck.

Now you will receive another email asking for you to pay and submit the ds230 part 1

Now, go ahead and pay the fee, print the cover letter from there.

Now get the ds230 with the following all originals or certified copies.

- The Marriage certificate

- Photo of the beneficiary (spouse) - passport size

- Biographic page of their passport

- Birth certificate (spouse)

- Police clearance for spouse - this Takes anywhere between 1-5 months depending what country the spouse is from

eg. Malaysia takes 6 weeks.

- DS230 part 1 completed and signed and dated!

- DS3230 part 2- completed but no signatures or date.

Now once they receive, it will take another 2-20 business days for the documents to be reviewed. Just your luck.

Once everything is reviewed, you will receive another email either asking for more documentations or stating they have finished the case. 2 - 20 days later your interview will be scheduled 40 days away.

Edited by Mudasirk

Ive never heard of a ds3230. Only the ds3032, which is the choice of agent form, and it is NOT included in the IV package. The ds230, or the immigrant visa application, should be signed ON PART 1 ONLY. Part 2 should be filled out as well, but NOT below the bold line, so no signature or date on that part of the form.

NVC does NOT notify you if your case has been completed through email if you're not undergoing electronic processing. You have to call them and ask for updates on your case if you want to know if your case has been completed already. They will only send the interview letter.

Edited by reginakrys

USCIS

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

NVC

Embassy

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

Hi Mimin,

Let me share my case, according to you came from Indonesia like me.

i got NOA2 on March 23, 2012. and didnt hear any news from NVC, but my husband kept call them and we got info that NVC received our petition on April 16, 2012. we got the case number with the AOS invoice ($88) on April, 27. paid it on the same day. on may 4, we got the status paid and got IV invoice ($230). paid on May 7. and we sent all the documents required on may 15. after that, my husband called NVC every 2 days, and we got news that the case complete on May 21. no email or mail after that, and everytime my husband called NVC to asked about the interview date, their operator and even the supervisor only said "your case complete and just waiting for the date". finally after 3 weeks,we got our interview date last week. and the schedule will be in next july.

so, according to my case, after NOA 2, it takes more than 2 months to go to interview date. and cant do anything until we received NVC case number. if i could suggest you, dont do medical check up until you got info that your case complete from NVC. will be better if you wait the MCU after you got interview date. but prepared if the clinic has tight schedule. my case i took MCU end of may,with the nurse there said they were fully booked for 2 weeks, so i just can do that on that schedule or wait until they have empty schedule. which since i never do MCU, i worried if i got some illness that could effect the records. the nurse said, if my health is ok, the records will be done in 2 days. but if not, then it will take longer and could be do another check so it will take times. so i decided to get the MCU earlier.

Hope helps

Hi The hozz,

Thank you very much, it is very helpful of your below information & congrats on the interview date. 2 months isn't so bad since my gf got her visa done after 2 years of waiting and I was concern that i would be experiencing the same. Anyway, I wish you best of luck on that. Hope you can share to us what questions will be raised at the interview later.

Best regards,

Mimin

Hi Mimin,

Let me share my case, according to you came from Indonesia like me.

i got NOA2 on March 23, 2012. and didnt hear any news from NVC, but my husband kept call them and we got info that NVC received our petition on April 16, 2012. we got the case number with the AOS invoice ($88) on April, 27. paid it on the same day. on may 4, we got the status paid and got IV invoice ($230). paid on May 7. and we sent all the documents required on may 15. after that, my husband called NVC every 2 days, and we got news that the case complete on May 21. no email or mail after that, and everytime my husband called NVC to asked about the interview date, their operator and even the supervisor only said "your case complete and just waiting for the date". finally after 3 weeks,we got our interview date last week. and the schedule will be in next july.

so, according to my case, after NOA 2, it takes more than 2 months to go to interview date. and cant do anything until we received NVC case number. if i could suggest you, dont do medical check up until you got info that your case complete from NVC. will be better if you wait the MCU after you got interview date. but prepared if the clinic has tight schedule. my case i took MCU end of may,with the nurse there said they were fully booked for 2 weeks, so i just can do that on that schedule or wait until they have empty schedule. which since i never do MCU, i worried if i got some illness that could effect the records. the nurse said, if my health is ok, the records will be done in 2 days. but if not, then it will take longer and could be do another check so it will take times. so i decided to get the MCU earlier.

Hope helps

• 8 months later...

hi! i just want to ask some information about the next procedure to be done after having received a result of post decision activity for my in-law's 130 application. they were informed that it was already approved but until now they still don't have any schedule of an interview or whatsoever. is there a way that we could follow up their case? they have been waiting for 3 years now. any advice would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.