Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Pakistan Divorce Certificate

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Can anyone suggest a good family law attorney in Pakistan?

I am a US citizen and my husband is a US Permanent Resident. We live in the US. His former spouse has agreed for two of their kids to live with us permanently in US, while the others will stay with her in Pakistan. Even though this is kids' immigration (I filed as US citizen step-parent), the US Embassy denied IR-2 under 221(g) and is trying to re-adjudicate my husband's divorce from 2007. They do not like the bilingual English/Urdu divorce certificate saying it is from NADRA not Union Council. As others have stated on this forum, Union Councils no longer issue in Urdu only, US Embassy may be out of date on current practice in Pakistan.

Any suggestions for a good family law attorney in Pakistan would be much appreciated, especially one familiar with divorce and custody issues.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps you should consider a local divorce attorney who has experience with divorce cases with international ties.

The Uscis requires the application of local regulations on any case matter so it's the local laws that apply to legal matter. And to fulfil the requirements only a local lawyer would know what's necessary... document can be translated as necessary.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.