abidinmach

Getting NVC case number

229 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trust me, you congressman will not help you! Nobody can help you, all you can do is wait till they send it to NVC. I am sorry.

Still waiting for NVC to receive our case as well...NOA2 date of May 11th. I call every day, and keep getting the "20 BUSINESS DAYS" response. Today, I asked what my recourse is if it's not received by 20 business days, and the operator...laughs. LAUGHS! What a putz.

USCIS won't tell me anything over the phone as to whether my case has actually left their hands yet or not - all they will tell me is the standard canned NOA2 parrot response...not helpful.

They get till June 10th, and then I'll be on the horn to my Congressman!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

looks like mine is working fast after approval i already paid my aos bill and i sent my I864 package. but im probablly most anoying person that calls them every day and sometime 2 times a day ;)

You so lucky... You were able to pay the AOS bill right away.. I am still waiting to pay it.. :'( to keep moving along!

Sheena & Jose

USCIS-

30, September, 2008 : Met Sheena in PE Class

29, October, 2009 : Officially Dating

26, April, 2010: Engagement

19, October, 2011: Officially Married (=

26, November, 2011: I-130 Sent

6, December, 2011: NOA1

2, May, 2012:NOA2 So happy/received Via Email :)!

7, May, 2012: NOA2 HARDCOPY IN HAND!

NVC

7-MAY-2012 -- NVC received

29-MAY-2012 -- Case # received; Exchanged emails; IIN # received

31-MAY-2012 -- AOS bill via emails; AOS fee paid online

4-JUNE-2012 -- AOS status: PAID

31-MAY-2012 -- AOS mailed; Received IV bill via email; IV fee paid online

4-JUNE-2012 -- IV status: PAID

13-JUNE-2012 -- IV mailed

18-JUNE-2012 -- AOS reviewed(Accepted YAY! )

26-JUNE-2012 -- Case completed

NVC Took 54 Days

7-August-2012 -- Interview date assigned

U.S. Embassy

23-JULY-2012 -- Medical checkup

7-AUGUST-2012 -- Interview; Result:APPROVED!!!!

XX-XX-2012 -- Visa received

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline

So last night we got an email from our congressman who said that our case was still at CSC and 2 minutes ago NVC research sent me an email that USCIS contacted them and said that our papers are en route!!! So today they finally sent them to NVC, yay. I hope that tomorrow we will hear that NVC has received them.

This waiting is killing me!! Mine is still not NVC, Let me know when you get your's.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

they just replied to my congressman and told him that my petition is still in CSC and being in progress to be sent to NVC. #######!!! a month and 1 week just to send it over??? So sad.

I am in the same situation as you.. This is soooo freaking sad! I guess we are the chosen to be not lucky. I dont know when they will send mind :(

Timeline

Your case sounds just like mine... After I received the email from the NVC research unit I contacted my congressman and asked him to look into it... They just sent an inquiry to USCIS and the NVC to see if there is a problem with my petition...

You should do the same

Thanks! I did write a letter to congressman and the uscis told the congressman that they are in the process reviewing my approved petition. Stupid USCIS. I am very depressed!

Timeline

So last night we got an email from our congressman who said that our case was still at CSC and 2 minutes ago NVC research sent me an email that USCIS contacted them and said that our papers are en route!!! So today they finally sent them to NVC, yay. I hope that tomorrow we will hear that NVC has received them.

After USCIS mail to NVC, How long will it take for NVC to receive it in their mail box?

Timeline

Everywhere in the US it takes up to 3 days to receive a mailed package, so we are hoping that today when we call they will tell us they've received it, but...today is only the second day of mailing (since USCIS only sent it to NVC yesterday). So they might not get it today or even if they do get they might not have time to put it in their system, you know. So I know that next week they should have it by Wednesday FOR SURE! But then again, God only knows how long it will take them to issue a case number. Anyway, I would feel better knowing that they are at NVC and not sitting still in CSC.

You should call NVC too. They probably shipped all the cases that were approved on april 23rd, I would imagine. Good luck to us. Cheer up!!! And let me know, again, if you'll have any news.

After USCIS mail to NVC, How long will it take for NVC to receive it in their mail box?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Still waiting for NVC to receive our case as well...NOA2 date of May 11th. I call every day, and keep getting the "20 BUSINESS DAYS" response. Today, I asked what my recourse is if it's not received by 20 business days, and the operator...laughs. LAUGHS! What a putz.

USCIS won't tell me anything over the phone as to whether my case has actually left their hands yet or not - all they will tell me is the standard canned NOA2 parrot response...not helpful.

They get till June 10th, and then I'll be on the horn to my Congressman!

you will get it anyday now just be patient ;)

September 30, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

October 05, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date October 5th)

October 08, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

March 27, 2012: Received RFE (missing passport photo)

MArch 30, 2012: Received RFE Hard copy and sent it right back

April 02, 2012: Received Request for Evidence Response Review

April 10, 2012: Notice that we have approved this I130

NVC Process

May 07, 2012 - nvc received

May 23, 2012 - Received case#

May 25, 2012 - DS-3032 Email sent

May 25, 2012 - I-864 invoice email received/SIF payment portal

May 31, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance received/SIF payment portal

June 01, 2012 - DS-230 invoice email recived

May 29, 2012 - I-864 paid

June 06, 2012 - DS-230 paid

May 29, 2012 - I-864 overnighted in same envelope to NVC

Jun 06, 2012 - DS-230 overnighted in same envelope to NVC

Jun 10, 2012 - I-864 and DS-230 received by NVC

July 11, 2012 - Petition left NVC

Embassy

July 25, 2012 - Belgrade received

Aug - Medical

Aug - Interview

XX/XX- Result of interview

XX/XX- Visa picked up

POE-XXXX

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

You are lucky, I am getting depressed more and more and just start not caring!

It will be there as soon as you get nvc number things will go fast im already on the last step in the last 5 days i paid both aos and IV bill. I also sent them I-864 all i have left us DS-230. I was really supreased how fast its going.

September 30, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

October 05, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date October 5th)

October 08, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

March 27, 2012: Received RFE (missing passport photo)

MArch 30, 2012: Received RFE Hard copy and sent it right back

April 02, 2012: Received Request for Evidence Response Review

April 10, 2012: Notice that we have approved this I130

NVC Process

May 07, 2012 - nvc received

May 23, 2012 - Received case#

May 25, 2012 - DS-3032 Email sent

May 25, 2012 - I-864 invoice email received/SIF payment portal

May 31, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance received/SIF payment portal

June 01, 2012 - DS-230 invoice email recived

May 29, 2012 - I-864 paid

June 06, 2012 - DS-230 paid

May 29, 2012 - I-864 overnighted in same envelope to NVC

Jun 06, 2012 - DS-230 overnighted in same envelope to NVC

Jun 10, 2012 - I-864 and DS-230 received by NVC

July 11, 2012 - Petition left NVC

Embassy

July 25, 2012 - Belgrade received

Aug - Medical

Aug - Interview

XX/XX- Result of interview

XX/XX- Visa picked up

POE-XXXX

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Woooo!!

After 30 minutes of hitting a busy signal, than finally getting through and sitting on hold for 28 minutes....finally got the news that our case was received TODAY at NVC - yay!

Now for a case number. Operator said 15-20 business days for a case number. I'll take the rest of the week off and start calling them again next Monday

event.png

May 12, 2011: Married

Oct 14, 2011: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 18, 2011: NOA1

Mar 27, 2012: RFE rec'd - didn't like AZ marriage license!

Apr 05, 2012: RFE response rec'd at CSC

May 11, 2012: NOA2

Jun 04, 2012: Case rec'd @ NVC (24 days/15 business days)

Jun 13, 2012: NVC case # generated(9 days/7 business days). OptIn and 261 emailed.

Jun 18, 2012: OptIn accepted

Jun 20, 2012: AOS bill paid. 261 accepted.

Jun 22, 2012: AOS bill showing as "PAID".

Jun 25, 2012: I-864 packet emailed for EP

Jun 30, 2012: IV fee paid.

Jul 09, 2012: IV rec'd email per EP

Jul 12, 2012: CASE COMPLETE email (EP)

Aug 04, 2012: Interview scheduled for Sept 4th @ 0830a

Aug 08, 2012: Medical completed.

Sept 04, 2012: Interview in Montreal....APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

Woooo!!After 30 minutes of hitting a busy signal, than finally getting through and sitting on hold for 28 minutes....finally got the news that our case was received TODAY at NVC - yay!Now for a case number. Operator said 15-20 business days for a case number. I'll take the rest of the week off and start calling them again next Monday

Congrats!!

But err.. 24 days from NOA2 to case received is too much! What is the NVC coming to? :no:

Timeline

Hi,

Any news on NVC getting your petition? They still haven't gotten mine, so we are waiting. The last time we herd from NVC research that it was EN ROUTE 2 weeks ago and it still never reached NVC. Please let me know if they received yours!

Filed: Timeline

Hi,Any news on NVC getting your petition? They still haven't gotten mine, so we are waiting. The last time we herd from NVC research that it was EN ROUTE 2 weeks ago and it still never reached NVC. Please let me know if they received yours!

Haven't called them since Thursday.. They keep telling me 15 business days but I'm not buying it. Will call again today. This is the 9th business day since NOA2!

PS. You should fill out your timeline. Make is much easier for other members to help you out!

While our K-1 petition was only approved May 31st, I'm really hoping its not a month before they even receive it from USCIS in Vermont. As of right now, it seems to be sitting with USCIS. It's really depressing knowing that after such a long wait for the NOA2, we are forced to wait just as long to get an interview. :(

Good luck everyone.

Stacy - NL, Canada
Tom - Houston, TX

US CONSULATE - MONTREAL (K-1)
Interview date: 07/23/2012 - APPROVED!!!!
US POE: 08/16/2012
Marriage: 09/07/2012

AOS
Package sent: 10/13/2012
NOA1: 10/19/2012
Biometrics: 11/26/2012
EAD Arrived: 12/10/2012
AP Arrived: 03/15/2013
E-Mail - 'Decision' = APPROVED: 08/06/2013 (9.5 month wait!)
Green Card in Hand: 08/14/2013

ROC

Package sent: 05/26/2015

Timeline

I will when I have time...On June 23rd it will be 2 months since our petition was approved and NVC still didn't receive it. So your 9 days is nothing comparing to my situation!

Haven't called them since Thursday.. They keep telling me 15 business days but I'm not buying it. Will call again today. This is the 9th business day since NOA2!

PS. You should fill out your timeline. Make is much easier for other members to help you out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.