RickJovi

Confusion on Parental Advice for CFO Seminar for 25 yar old fiancee

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This question is geared toward the petitioners/beneficaries for the Philippines. My fiancee is 25 years old and will need to take her CFO seminar in Cebu very soon. There seems to be some confusion on the age for parental advice. Some say it is between 21-25 years old and if you are a day over 25 years old you don't need it. Other information I have found said if you are 24 years old, which is below 25 years old. A little confusing. I don't think a 25 year old woman should need any parental advice in order to get married. Those who have experience please advise me correctly with your experiences. Thank you.

Edited by RickJovi

(Persons ages 18 to 21 must have written parental consent to marry in the Philippines; those ages 22 to 24 must have received parental advice. Philippine law prohibits marriage for persons under the age of 18.)

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

(Persons ages 18 to 21 must have written parental consent to marry in the Philippines; those ages 22 to 24 must have received parental advice. Philippine law prohibits marriage for persons under the age of 18.)

Whats the source. I looked all over the internet and had mixed revuews ob the 24 abd 25 year still requiring it. I sent a message to CFO Cebu inquiring. I hope they reply back, bu they probably won't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whats the source. I looked all over the internet and had mixed revuews ob the 24 abd 25 year still requiring it. I sent a message to CFO Cebu inquiring. I hope they reply back, bu they probably won't.

Marriage applicants who are age 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry). The revised Family Code of the Philippines, which took effect on August 4, 1988, prohibits marriage for individuals below the age of 18.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

The quote above is from the section where they are talking about getting married in the Philippines. However, the CFO has been known to require parental advice or parental consent from K-1ers.

It's all on the Consular's discretion whether they require consent from a parent or guardian.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the Family Code of the Philippines. So Rick it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** moving from K1 to Philippines forum as country specific ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

From the Family Code of the Philippines. So Rick it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

As usual LeatherNeck, you are Da Man!!! I will have both of her parent do a notarized parental advice letter in their hand writing and then her mother will go with her to the CFO in Cebu for the seminar in case they try to give her a hard. She may een try the seminar at the PRISM in Manila when she goes for her medical exam. I will make sure she takes the parental advice letters and everything under the sun that they could ask for. Thanks again to you and everyone who has given their input. It is appreciated. Just stuck now waiting to get the MNL Case # from NVC. I call daily and get the typical you need to wait 15 business days answer. I will continue to call hoping they will have it in their system soon. Take care.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC is quick to respond to emails also, just make sure the included the required info in your email request (yes I did email NVC and get the MNL #, called them too)

For the NVC:

Give them 7 - 10 days before calling. Call after 4:45 PM eastern time for shorter wait times

K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include your name and the name and address of your law office.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Google

Google

I would say, what Leatherneck posted or this would be better info then what I found the 1st time. My bad! I would contact the local civil registrar over CFO

http://www.filipinaw...Philippines.htm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.