2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Leave the home now and find support and guidance with friends and/or other groups. Then, once your feeling safe and secure deal with the immigration concerns. You've got a green card, so there is no ticking clock to make a decision in the next few months.

Best of luck to you.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

If what you are saying is 100% accurate even if a microphone was in your house recording to 100% vouch for your story on the post then I suggest first letting him know how he is hurting you. If he in fact is still verbally abusive after you show your hurt feelings then you must contact your consulate as I am certain marriage counseling is not going to work. Note marriage counseling only works if both parties are open to counseling and honest. You must be concerned about both your physical and mental health. Mental abuse leaves far more scars for longer time periods then phycical marks except the extreme in death. If thoughts of suicide are in your head then you must figure out how to get away. Money or no money someone will step up. Churches, shelters, consulates. In the USA you are not left alone unless you choose to be. And BTW not all American men are your husband...

Good luck.

S

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some guys drink when they think their think their spouse cheat on them. Maybe you can help him and ensure him you are not cheating on him. Some guys behave very wrongly when they suspect of that. I am not saying you are doing it. I am just saying talk to him in a nice way and convince him that you are the nice lady you sound to be.

I have the feeling you guys will work this out in a positive way.

Best of luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Jim - is correct. Sometimes no matter how much we want it it wont be. At least find some one to talk to in person and make the best informed decision you can. Good Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I'M sorry for all your pain, but Suicide is never the answer!

Please contact the Embassy or Consulate of your country that's near or in your state, right-a-way and explain everything to them.

Remember, All American Men are not like this, cheaters always blame the non-cheater to make them feel guilty, he knows you are not!

Edited by WrightFamily

USCIS

05/29/2011: Married

08/12/2011: Sent I-130 packet.

08/15/2011: NOA1, Priority Date

02/22/2012: NOA2 - Approved

02/25/2012: NOA2 - Received hard copy in mail

NVC

03/06/2012: NVC received

03/07/2012: NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned

03/08/2012: DS3032 sent by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Re-send DS3032 by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Received (2)Email with DS-3032 Kit and AOS Bill instructions

03/14/2012: AOS bill appears as PAID

03/16/2012: Mailed AOS package (I-864)USPS EXPRESS

03/16/2012: DS-3032 Accepted Via Beneficiary Email (Took 8 DAYS from 1st Email)

03/20/2012: IV bill invoiced & paid $404.00

03/21/2012: IV bill Payment reflecting PAID / AOS checklist received

03/30/2012: IV package DS-230 sent via USPS Priority

04/02/2012: IV package Delivered @ 11:55 am w/signature

04/12/2012: Re-Sent DS-230 Part 1 W/Photocopy of receipt from Hong Kong Police Via USPS EXPRESS

04/13/2012: DS-230 Part 1 package Delivered to NVC ATTN:DR @11:52am

04/17/2012: CASE COMPLETE (41 Days @NVC)

04/22/2012: Request Expedite

04/24/2012: Expedite Approved!(2days)

04/25/2012: Case sent to U.S. Consulate General in HONG KONG

Medical / US Consulate / POE:

04/30/2012: U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong received

05/16/2012: Interview Scheduled May 22, 2012

05/22/2012: Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

05/26/2012: Visa in Hand (9 months 11 days from NOA1)

I don't want to invalidate anybody's opinion here, but please do NOT listen to anybody who says talk to your husband if what you write is true. As a developed and supposed civilized nation, there is way too much domestic abuse here. He sounds like an abusive individual, and there is no telling how he will act. He has repeatedly demonstrated that your feelings don't matter to him, so there is no reason to take him or his feelings into consideration when you make your decisions.

As others have suggested, I would take the things you need one day when he is gone and seek refuge with a friend or a women's shelter. I'm sorry you've found yourself in such a desperate situation, but don't make a bad situation worse by sticking around and thinking things will change.

I completely agree with this! And please remember, if you do leave, don't ever go back... no matter what he says... it will only get worse from there and he will be even more suspicious of you.

Filed: Timeline

wow sound like a nightmare. but too bad its the reality..if i were you i will call the police have this a554ole arrested...file for domestic violence...stand for yourself..u don't deserved to be punish..first of all he offer to give u the GC not u...

anyways this is all up to u...from all of us here....we want u to be happy and safe!!! goodluck dear :thumbs:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi everyone. i've never written anything on any kind of websites, but this time i just need at least someone to talk to otherwise i will go insane.

i am a conditional green card holder, i got it a month ago. i thought i would be the happiest person ever when i get the GC, but i was hysterically crying with this piece of plastic in my hand.

i got married to an USC last year. i was here on J1 visa and was getting ready to go home, when he proposed me and was begging me to marry him. he seemed so nice and so different, i felt very special so i agreed. and the nightmare began. HE forced me to stop talking to ALL the people i knew here, he made me do everything his way. i was doing EVERYTHING wrong, i talked, wrote, walked, dressed, slept, looked etc wrong. It is so hard to live under the pressure all the time, when u r scared of a smallest mistake! i was always at home by myself, he was at the bars getting wasted with some weird people. HE could leave in the middle of the night, then come back and yell at me if i asked where he went. I'm called HEY, thats my new name, he curses me out so bad if there is at least a small thing he doesn't like (but in front of the people he is so sweet, i want to scream PEople, he is killing me). He also went to jail several times. i am pretty sure he is cheating on me, but he always accused me of that. I never even leave the house. not long ago he told me that i have no right to express my opinion and that i just have to shut up or i will go home and he will divorce me. i don't want to leave, i am always being humiliated, i am thinking about suicide all the time. i can't go home. i have no money (he won't pay for the ticket) and my family will not accept the divorce, my old life is gone in my home country. why are American men such jerks? they marry foreigners because American women would never let them treat them this way. so with us they just do whatever they want. i know that not everyone is the same, but there is way too many stories like that out there. thanks for attention

First of all, do not define yourself by the way this man is treating you. It is not your fault that he turned out to be such a terrible person. As you said, he is killing you, but you have to dig deep and bring back the person you were before you married him. Leave him now if at all possible. I understand many cultures do not accept divorce, but surely your family would not want you to stay with this terrible person. If they will not help you, there are places that will. You must report him for the way he is treating you. He has a history of going to jail so that will definitely help validate your story. You are a wonderful great person and God loves you. Please be brave. I know you are afraid, but seek help, not suicide. Please keep me posted goldforhope@aol.com May God Bless You.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Timeline

It sounds to me like the original poster does NOT want to go back to her own country. When she said "I don't want to leave" I believe she was referring to wanting to stay in the US. Not that she didn't want to leave him. I do believe she wants out of the relationship as it is indeed making her sick to the point of suicidal thoughts.

Kris, PLEASE NEVER NEVER go down that road. Depression is a serious thing. You must leave the relationship before he totally destroys you.

You mentioned you have friends who he won't let you talk to. As someone else suggested, when he isn't home sometime call those people and see if they will take you in for a while. As previously stated take everything that is valuable to you (especially all your paperwork and passport).

DO NOT tell him where you are going. Once you leave the house never go back and have no contact with him at all. When you feel up to it seek out professional help by way of women's abuse shelters. They will help you in all aspects of getting out of the relationship without having to deal with his controlling and abusive inflictions upon you. They will help you get a divorce and even help you get a job and start a new life.

You have your green card so you can get a job. WHen he's not around start looking for a job but NEVER tell him of your plans to do so.

Get away from him as quickly as possible. RUN don't walk to either your nearest women's abuse center or to a friend's house.

Don't let him kill you. Pick yourself up and leave.

Take care and hang in there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

im sorry to hear that. i really feel for you. do you have friends who can help u to get out of the house?? get ur things?? do you have a separate bank account or is it just joined? if its joined open up an own account where u can put in ur money, so he cant use it. and you have some money for you.

there are places u can go. like woman shelters. they help you.

hope everything works out for you

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011

Interview Result: Visa was on hold

Second Interview: Approved

Visa Received: 01-20-2012

ENTRY: 02-12-2012

Married: 03-26-2012

AOS 04-19-2012

Email notification 04-26-2012

NOA1 send : 04-24-2012

Biometric send: 04-27-2012

Biometric appt: 05-18-2012

AOS transfer to CSC: 05-24-2012

EAD/AD approved&send: 06-22-2012

EAD/AD arrived: 06-28-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

Looks like everyone have provided sound advice and consolation. Not much for me to add. I would highly recommend that you seek out social group from your country. There are social groups from all different culture in America. You find someone who'll help you get through this. You leave. Since you can user the internet and post on VJ, you're sufficiently smart enough to live on your own, work and earn money. You don't have to leave America. But you sure as hell have to live this abusive relationship.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Also, where about are you in America. It maybe that some of us from here are nearby and might be able to lend a helping hand.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps your Embassy would help you repatriate?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.