sonder

Sworn Affidavit from Parents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Is it allowed to provide Sworn Affidavit from Parents? We live with my parents. The apartment lease is in my dad's name however, I pay the monthly rent using my personal checks(I have copy of the checks). Should I send copy of checks spanning last 2 years ago? I am filing I-751 for my wife. We just opened joint checking account last week so we are not able to provide any bank statements.

If it is allowed to provide Sworn Affidavit from Parents, kindly let me know how the letter should look like? Do the letter need to be notarized? Below is the list of things we can only provide:

Signed copy of I-751 application by both petitioner and beneficiary.

Check of $590.00 for both filing and biometrics fee.

Joint tax return transcript (Years 2009,2010 & 2011)

Copy of wife's Green card (Front and back)

Copy of our year 2011 certificate of health plan coverage

Copy of our year 2012 certificate of health plan coverage

Copy of our year 2011 health insurance card

Copy of our year 2012 health insurance card

Copy of our certificate of DeltaCare dental plan coverage

Copy of our certificate of EyeMed vision plan coverage

Copy of our State identification card with same addres.

Copy of my 401k insurance (wife as beneficiary)

Copy of Citi credit card with same number issed to both of us (Front and back)

Copy of medical bills mailed to both of us at same address

Flight itinerary during 2010 Greece trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does not need to be notarized.

The letter should be a letter from both of them explaining the living arrangements, how long its been, what things you pay for etc. Signed and dated by both of them with mailing / phone / contact information.

Copys of checks for monthly rent is good proof to go with the letter. You don't need to include all just a few spanning the time.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Does not need to be notarized.

The letter should be a letter from both of them explaining the living arrangements, how long its been, what things you pay for etc. Signed and dated by both of them with mailing / phone / contact information.

Copys of checks for monthly rent is good proof to go with the letter. You don't need to include all just a few spanning the time.

Attached is the template I am planning to use for affidavit from my parents. Please let me know if it looks good or I need to modify something.

Copy of AFFIDAVIT.doc

Edited by sonder

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Attached is the template I am planning to use for affidavit from my parents. Please let me know if it looks good or I need to modify something.

on number 5: do you mean "her mother" was at the wedding?

on number 7: do you mean "our son and daughter in law"?

these are your parents and you are the husband right?

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Timeline

Corrupt file cannot open.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Corrupt file cannot open.

RE: Joint Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (USCIS Form I-751)

Applicant’s Name: XXXXX

Alien Registration Number: XXXXXX

Social Security Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

AFFIDAVIT OF PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

We, FATHER'S NAME and MOTHER'S NAME, parents of XXXXX being duly sworn, hereby affirm and state:

1.We reside at XXXXXXXXXXX

2.FATHER'S NAME was born in XXXXX,XXXXXX on 00/00/0000. I became a citizen of the United States of America on:00/00/0000. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

3.MOTHER'S NAME was born in XXXXX,XXXXXX on:00/00/0000. I became a citizen of the United States of America on:00/00/0000. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

4.XXXXX is our son who was born on 00/00/0000 in XXXXX,XXXXXX. He became a citizen of the United States of America on: 00/00/0000.

5.Our son XXXXX married XXXXX on 00/00/0000 in XXXXX,XXXXXX. His mother MOTHER'S NAME was present at their wedding. This is their first and only marriage.

6.Our son XXXXX & daughter-in-law XXXXX are happily married and lives with us since their marriage.

7.We have a very close relationship with our son and daughter-in-law, and assure the U.S. government that they have a true and loving relationship that was entered in good faith.

FATHER'S NAME

Social Security:

Date:

Address:

Phone:

MOTHER'S NAME

Social Security:

Date:

Address:

Phone:

Timeline

on number 5: do you mean "her mother" was at the wedding?

on number 7: do you mean "our son and daughter in law"?

these are your parents and you are the husband right?

5.No, we applying for my wife's GC condition removal, so it's "my mother"

6. I am the husband, and the letter is from my parents.

Timeline

RE: Joint Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (USCIS Form I-751)

Applicant's Name: XXXXX

Alien Registration Number: XXXXXX

Social Security Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

AFFIDAVIT OF PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

We, FATHER'S NAME and MOTHER'S NAME, parents of XXXXX being duly sworn, hereby affirm and state:

1.We reside at XXXXXXXXXXX

2.FATHER'S NAME was born in XXXXX,XXXXXX on 00/00/0000. I became a citizen of the United States of America on:00/00/0000. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

3.MOTHER'S NAME was born in XXXXX,XXXXXX on:00/00/0000. I became a citizen of the United States of America on:00/00/0000. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

4.XXXXX is our son who was born on 00/00/0000 in XXXXX,XXXXXX. He became a citizen of the United States of America on: 00/00/0000.

5.Our son XXXXX married XXXXX on 00/00/0000 in XXXXX,XXXXXX. His mother MOTHER'S NAME was present at their wedding. This is their first and only marriage.

6.Our son XXXXX & daughter-in-law XXXXX are happily married and lives with us since their marriage.

7.We have a very close relationship with our son and daughter-in-law, and assure the U.S. government that they have a true and loving relationship that was entered in good faith.

FATHER'S NAME

Social Security:

Date:

Address:

Phone:

MOTHER'S NAME

Social Security:

Date:

Address:

Phone:

Looks good, I wouldn't change anything on it if it was me. Clear and to the point.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

5.No, we applying for my wife's GC condition removal, so it's "my mother"

6. I am the husband, and the letter is from my parents.

Oh sorry, misunderstood.

In that case, looks good! :thumbs:

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.