Jiang Jiang

Resume/Travel History/Work plan

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife just received a letter from Guangzhou that her visa had been approved. She will send in passports, hope to get them back asap.

To sum it up, she got a blue slip at the end of April, we emailed resume/non-ccp statement in early May. It's about 8-9 weeks so far. In the mean time, I got our congressman to make an inquiry to which GZ sent a letter to confirm that it was still under administrative process. I have no idea whether the inquiry helped or not.

We applied in July 2011, so it's 12 months so far. It's quite a ride.

Jiang

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have the same exact question about the "work plan explaining where the applicant(s) will seek employment after immigranting to the United States."

She's a gymnastics major at a sports university. Never worked. She'd like to get a second bachelor's degree in sociology or political science once she's here, but the resume guidelines do not ask if you want to study, they ask for a work plan. This would make sense for someone with work experience and/or a career, but she does not know what she'll do yet.

Is there some satisfactory generic response I can give for this?

Edited by Ighaepero

Timeline

For question 32 and 33 on the DS-156, did you answer Yes to either question? I read on the forums that it is advisable to check No for both whether they intend to work or study or not.

Have you sent your P3 in yet? It is getting kind of close to your interview date and P4's seem to be coming extremely slow (if at all) at the moment. You do need the P4 for the interview.

The P4 letter also asks for a resume, just curious if anyone is submitting one? I marked No to question 32 for intending to work so I don't believe this is required but wanted to get others thoughts on the purpose of this one if the beneficiary does not intend to work (even though she may after she gets settled in).

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

For question 32 and 33 on the DS-156, did you answer Yes to either question? I read on the forums that it is advisable to check No for both whether they intend to work or study or not.

Have you sent your P3 in yet? It is getting kind of close to your interview date and P4's seem to be coming extremely slow (if at all) at the moment. You do need the P4 for the interview.

The P4 letter also asks for a resume, just curious if anyone is submitting one? I marked No to question 32 for intending to work so I don't believe this is required but wanted to get others thoughts on the purpose of this one if the beneficiary does not intend to work (even though she may after she gets settled in).

For 32, I used the standard response shown on the VJ sample, "with work authorization, employer unknown." 33 I answered "no."

We will send in our P3 tomorrow or the day after.

You are saying that if we check "no" for work in the DS-156 we can just skip the "work plan" on the resume, correct? Does anyone here have any experience with the resume bull...business?

Timeline

After talking to some others I think she is going to go ahead and create a resume. Not sure exactly what the purpose of it is when she does not plan to work.

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

Since there is no one around to answer us (I assume those that have done this are long done and not on VJ anymore), I'm simply going to write, "Yes, with work authorization. No concrete work plan yet."

Done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.