spacejockey1979

How to cancel K-1 Visa Process

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Unfortunately things are not going to work out with me and my fiance. She ended things for reasons I wont disclose, all I know is that it's all very stupid and without logic and I'm shattered by it.

My K1 application was accepted and send to the California Service Center for review about a month ago. How do I go about cancelling everything so nothing else occurs? I wouldnt mind having the packet back, but if they cant send it back it's ok. Is there a hotline or do I mail them or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am sorry that things didn't work out for you guys.

As I know, Petitioner need to write a letter to USCIS and to ask to cancel Petition (it's not necessary describe reasons why you broke up). Also need to attach copy of your passport/birth certificate. And don't forget to send copy by fax or e-mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Unfortunately things are not going to work out with me and my fiance. She ended things for reasons I wont disclose, all I know is that it's all very stupid and without logic and I'm shattered by it.

My K1 application was accepted and send to the California Service Center for review about a month ago. How do I go about cancelling everything so nothing else occurs? I wouldnt mind having the packet back, but if they cant send it back it's ok. Is there a hotline or do I mail them or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Try the phone number from your Hard Copy. From the automated system, pretend you don't know your case number and you will get a human. Tell them you like to cancel.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How to Withdraw a K1 Visa in Process

http://www.ehow.com/how_5643039_cancel-k_1-visa.html

If you would like to cancel a K-1 visa petition that is in process, you may do so by contacting United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in writing.

Find the most recent correspondence you received from USCIS pertaining to your K-1 visa petition. Copy both the address of the USCIS Service Center processing your petition and your USCIS receipt number. This information is found at the top of all USCIS correspondences.

Write a letter addressed to the USCIS Service Center processing your K-1 visa petition requesting to cancel your K-1 visa petition. The letter must contain your USCIS receipt/case number, full name, date, address, phone number and your signature. Have the letter notarized and then keep a copy of the notarized letter for your records.

Mail the letter via certified mail to the USCIS Service Center address found in the most recent USCIS correspondence you received.

Receive confirmation from USCIS that your K-1 visa petition has been canceled within two weeks. Unless your receive written correspondence from USCIS confirming that your case has been canceled, do not assume so.

Do not assume that the petition has been canceled until you have received a written confirmation. It is highly recommended that you keep this confirmation in a safe place.

Tips & Warnings

You may want to contact the USCIS as well as the issuing U.S. embassy, consulate or diplomatic Mission as soon as you are certain that you would like to cancel the petition.

To avoid any delays, you may want to mail your request via the fastest shipping method possible.

Also, you may want to contact the nearest USCIS field office or application support center in your location by using the following tool at this link:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

its easy go call the us embassy then cancel it,thats easy way right!

Call the US embassy? No. A letter needs to be sent to USCIS.

• 5 months later...

Hi! I was reading some posts regarding cancellation of K1 petition on process. I want to ask you if you cancelled the petition and how long did you wait to get the confirmation letter that the petition was withdrawn? My fiancé and I are planning to withdraw and re-apply because we filed incompletely and we are on impending denial. Thank you and I appreciate if you will be able to respond. Thank you..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

right? the embassy doesn't have the casefile.

what are you thinking?

look - timeticks on a casefile is/are important - the OP can simply send off a postal letter

to the address listed in the I-797-C formletter that he received a month ago.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.