VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
Emily & Friday
K1 Visa
Nigeria
sixto & yisauri
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avatarSamia & Zakuan
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Bangladesh
T & G
K1 Visa
Philippines
Nikki & William
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Claude & Amirah
K1 Visa
Singapore
blank avatarDanielle & Bill
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarAndrew & Jeanne
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarTyler & Nikki
K1 Visa
Australia

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarSal & Patty
K1 Visa
Colombia
blank avatarJ & D
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India
blank avatarJD & PhD
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India
blank avatarAngel & Sujerdi
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Tabitha & Emmanuel
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Sarasusan & Hicham
K1 Visa
Morocco
blank avatarTLB & ATT
K1 Visa
Cameroon
Sindy & Rosa
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
R & G
K1 Visa
Nepal
blank avatarJasmina & Ivor
K1 Visa
Serbia
John & Adena
K1 Visa
Philippines
Greg & Xiang
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
China
blank avatarAshtin & Joseph
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarAnabel & Ariel
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic

• Please log in to reply

Vermont Service Center K1 Approval Date

#1 D and G

D and G

• Pip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

I noticed the Vermont Service Center's K1 processing timeframe (from the USCIS webpage)has changed from "5 months" to "June 14, 2011". The explanation on their site says it is the date of the last case processed when the site was updated (if the timeframes are exceeding their goal). But with the info on the Visa Journey site, we can see they're processing well past that June 14, 2011 date.

Can any one shed some light onto what is going on?

#2 P+J

P+J

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

It's an error.
1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox
1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center
1/20/12 - NOA1
1/24/12 - Touched
2/09/12 - Touched
8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)
8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)
8/16/12 - Departed from NVC
8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev
8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail
9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)
9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)
10/05/12 - POE

#3 FanTa

FanTa

• PipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

An error? Maybe... I hope it is...
However, the processing time of I-129F (K1/K2) for VSC on the Dashboard page has also changed from 5 to 8.7 Month(s) (as of 1/31/2012) :angry:!

Edited by FanTa, 24 April 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#4 P+J

P+J

Platinum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

An error? Maybe... I hope it is...
However, the processing time of I-129F (K1/K2) for VSC on the Dashboard page has also changed from 5 to 8.7 Month(s) (as of 1/31/2012) :angry:!

The error is probably system wide. There's absolutley no way that processing times would add an additional 4 months when we still have a steady number of December petitions receiving approval. Also, some forum members (including myself) have called and were told 5 months...I think another user also was told that they are currently working on all November 14 petitions. so that document should not say June. it's clearly an error. They are not working on June.
1/20/12 - NOA1
1/24/12 - Touched
2/09/12 - Touched
10/05/12 - POE

#5 MissAAA

MissAAA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

They are driving everyone nuts right about now. There are several threads about this administrative glitch.

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif ranting33va.gif cray5ol.gif 

Love conquers all.

#6 TnJ

TnJ

Mahal kita Jessa ko!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

People are saying it is an error or glitch. People are saying they are getting conflicting times when calling too. I checked my case status and then the dashboard while my case was showing. It said 8.7 months. I checked the dashboard without any case number showing, and it said 5 months. So, if it isn't a glitch, this gives an idea of how slow things might be for April filers. Glitch or not, I don't give it any credit. If it were true, this is not an expected date. This would only be the rate. Rates fluctuate. The national goal still states 5 months so this is what they have to work against. If it was so slow that the rate was pushing back 3 or 4 more months, they would simply push to decrease the added projection. I think it is probably a glitch and unreliable otherwise.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

Spoiler

#7 aam

aam

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

If you look at all the processing times for all the visas tyes and all of the other things they process all the times are off. So it must be a gliche. I would not be too concerned about it. I called this evening at 4:30pm and they said it was still 5 months.

Look at the december posters that got their approvals today........ So if they were still in JUN 11 the december ones would not be getting there approvals. I would think...........

Edited by aam, 24 April 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#8 bunker buster

bunker buster

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Just curious once the fiancee visa is submitted can one still change the service center?

#9 Peter_Pan

Peter_Pan

Platinum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

You don't get to chose it, it's based on the state you live in.

Spoiler

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo....5565.html?cat=9

#10 babygurl

babygurl

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

It is not an error. They say they have a backlog, but yet at the same time if you speak to a next person they will say it is still 5 months. You just have to go with the flow and there is nothing that you can do about it.
Renee

#11 Meredith

Meredith

• PipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I filed in early October 2011 and we were approved by mid-February 2011. It's an error.

#12 P+J

P+J

Platinum Member

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Yes. If anything were to delay adjudication right now it certainly would not be a back log (at least for K1 or I-130s or CR1s). This is the time of the year (statistically) where the service centers receive the fewest number of submissions. (December and January in particular). If anything, there should be fewer petitions to approve right now than usual. Maybe a backlog from one of the more recent months? But that would not affect the months that had fewer submissions and are currently very close to adjudication. They will address the petitions submitted earlier first. And that one document listing the June 2011 frame was so absurd that it's obviously an error.
1/20/12 - NOA1
1/24/12 - Touched
2/09/12 - Touched
10/05/12 - POE

#13 jaycali

jaycali

• Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Whether it's a glitch or not, I wouldn't too much. They are not about to make 8 - 9 months the new standard, nor would they want that backlog to keep gorwing. If this backlog is in fact that big, they'll eventuallyy transfer cases or transfer adjudicators.

#14 D and G

D and G

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi All,

I does seem to be a glitch (fingers crossed that's the situation). I'm monitoring the status of NOA2 approvals and there's activity for NOA1 dates in early to mid Dec getting approved now.

Best of luck to everyone! I'll post again if I notice the trends changing

Dave

#15 didopage

didopage

Cr鋗e brl嶪 Member

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi All,

I does seem to be a glitch (fingers crossed that's the situation). I'm monitoring the status of NOA2 approvals and there's activity for NOA1 dates in early to mid Dec getting approved now.

Best of luck to everyone! I'll post again if I notice the trends changing

Dave

There's a tool accessible to everyone on VJ, it's called Igor's list: http://www.visajourn...tion=2&sortby=2

K-1 Visa Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received

AOS Timeline

- May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package (via USPS Express Mail to the Chicago P.O. Box)

- Aug 24th, 2012 - Green card received

Next to do: file for ROC on 5/18/2014!

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.