usa_great

visit visa from Pakistan

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I live in USA and want to call my parents for visit visa.

My question is:

1- I want to know how long will it take to come in usa at visit visa?

2- Can I apply for them for immigration after visit visa?

Thanks!

all you can do is to send them invitation letter to visit but its not guaranteed that they ll get their visa issued. they have to have strong ties to their home country to prove that they will return so there is no 100% guarantee that they ll get their visa. about option if u can apply for them for immigration you can do so if u have the citizenship not before that. good luck

K1 visa process
06/08/2011 I-129 sent
06/11/2011 I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)
09/23/2011 I-129F NOA2 (Approved)
10/11/2011 Package Received By NVC
10/11/2011 Package Left From NVC
10/16/2011 Received By Consulate
10/20/2011 Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)
11/09/2011 Complete Instructions (Pkt 3)
01/21/2012 Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)
02/21/2012 Interview Date (K1 Visa)
02/21/2012 Interview Result Approved
02/29/2012 K1 Visa Received

03/16/2012 US Entry
03/19/2012 Marriage

Our AOS process
03/29/2012 AOS I-485/ EAD I-765/ AP I-131 filed
04/04/2012 NOA1 for AOS/ EAD/ AP
04/23/2012 Case transferred
05/08/2012 Biometric Appt Date for AOS and EAD
06/01/2012 EAD and Ap approved
06/09/2012 EAD and Ap combo card received
08/24/2012 AOS Approved
09/09/2012 Green Card received with no interview

Removing Conditions

05/27/2014 I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

05/30/2014 Package Received

06/02/2014 NOA1

07/07/2014 Biometrics Appointment

12/01/2014 case transferred for California service center

01/13/2015 Second Biometrics appointment

01/23/2015 case approved

01/31/2015 Card Received

Filed: Timeline

My question is:

Thanks!

If you are a US citizen, Yes. You can get your parents to come and visit you. Waiting time is a game of luck. Standard rules dectates a visa process should be completed within 180 days, if proper documents are submitted.

That's where the movie starts. If you give them what they need, they might be granted 3 or if you are lucky 6 months visa.

You have to prapre for a file of atleast 200 pages of documents ...research more what they exactly need.

NO! You can not apply for an immigrant visa for them from US. If they suspect you have this plan you might lose the chance to get them here very soon however of you are a US citizen you have the right to bring them as a immigrants which is a 18 months process but if they come and you apply for them not that they will deport them the might but a ban for a few years on them so take precaution!

Once they entered into their system there is no way in the work that for atleast 15 years to remove a bad record.. if you want them to come here and settle down go through proper channel ...pass the waiting game it will be safer and faster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you are a US citizen, Yes. You can get your parents to come and visit you. Waiting time is a game of luck. Standard rules dectates a visa process should be completed within 180 days, if proper documents are submitted.

That's where the movie starts. If you give them what they need, they might be granted 3 or if you are lucky 6 months visa.

You have to prapre for a file of atleast 200 pages of documents ...research more what they exactly need.

NO! You can not apply for an immigrant visa for them from US. If they suspect you have this plan you might lose the chance to get them here very soon however of you are a US citizen you have the right to bring them as a immigrants which is a 18 months process but if they come and you apply for them not that they will deport them the might but a ban for a few years on them so take precaution!

Once they entered into their system there is no way in the work that for atleast 15 years to remove a bad record.. if you want them to come here and settle down go through proper channel ...pass the waiting game it will be safer and faster.

The phrase total bollocks come to mind.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Oh my gosh . . . where are you getting this stuff? You are so wrong.

If you are a US citizen, Yes. You can get your parents to come and visit you.

Anyone can apply for a visitor visa. Anyone. The applicant apply on his/her own. The applicant must demonstrate strong ties to their country that allows them to overcome the presumption of illegal immigration.

Having a US citizen child does not help give the parents any special consideration for a visitor visa. In fact it can hurt since a US citizen child may help a parent illegally immigrate.

Really? My aunt didn't have to file at least 200 pages of documents to get her visitor visa. The amount of documentation will depend on the individual applying.

Really? His parents will be deported? So, no chance that IF their AOS was denied, they can't voluntarily leave?

It is illegal to use a non-immigrant visa to enter the US with the intent to adjust status to a green card holder. That's fraud because the individual is using a non-immigrant visa to immigrate.

In most instances involving Immediate Relatives, there are no problems adjusting. However, USCIS can base a denial of the AOS on the illegal use of the non-immigrant visa to enter the US. In case of a denial, removal proceedings would be initiated. The applicant will be given a chance to voluntarily leave the US.

No way for them to "work for at least 15 years to remove a bad record?" 15 years? Where are getting this from?

Timeline

My question is:

Thanks!

Do not use a non-immigrant visitor visa to immigrate to the US. Your parents will commit visa fraud when they use non-immigrant visitor visas to immigrate to the US. DO NOT DO IT. It is a stupid plan, especially when you have a legal way to bring your parents to the US.

Do it the legal way. File an I-130 for each of your parents if you wish to bring them to the US to live.

Why are you contemplating using non-immigrant visitor visas to immigrate your parents? Are they likely to become public charge? Want to avoid AP?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, you they can apply for a visitor visa however, they MUST show strong... and I mean very strong ties to their own country and must convince the embassy they will be returning... lots of ppl are denied visitor visas because they lack strong ties that they will go back home.

No, do not try to immigrate them on a visitor visa like the others have said it is fraud if that is the intention from the beginning. If that is what you want to do ...go ahead petition for them for immigrant visa and do it from the beginning.

Nothing will prevent AP if the CO feels the case needs it and most men and more women these days are getting AP. In our tracker there is a gentleman who just recently received his visitor visa 2 YRS after his interview.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

\.. if you want them to come here and settle down go through proper channel ...

:bonk: this is the only thing that made sense

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Timeline

Oh my gosh . . . where are you getting this stuff? You are so wrong. :dance: I am not!

Anyone can apply for a visitor visa. Anyone. The applicant apply on his/her own. The applicant must demonstrate strong ties to their country that allows them to overcome the presumption of illegal immigration.

Having a US citizen child does not help give the parents any special consideration for a visitor visa. In fact it can hurt since a US citizen child may help a parent illegally immigrate.

You should read my great thoughts again... I was trying to make a point that if this member is a USC she/he should go through bringing their parents through their legal right and legal way . I didnt mean if they are citizen they can invite them, they can file a nonsens application and there is 90% chance that they will get refuse. The have to prove ties to their country - bank statments DOCUMENTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. Its not that easy

Really? My aunt didn't have to file at least 200 pages of documents to get her visitor visa. The amount of documentation will depend on the individual applying. Your aunt might be a lucky geeg ... they issue one or two visas just for their records but real game is they will make sure you are not breaking their rules by inviting someone and keep them here. They worked hard to make their country this way, its not that east to just buy a ticket and fly to USA, NO BABY!

Really? His parents will be deported? So, no chance that IF their AOS was denied, they can't voluntarily leave? I said if they find out this person is breaking their rules by doing what he/she is doing, the first letter is get ready to be kicked out (that is called deport) its a fancy way of saying... what is voluntarily leave? you think US governemt is that stupid to wait for them to leave when they wish to ? at the end of they day you break their RULES you are out either way voluntarily or the other way... Yes baby

It is illegal to use a non-immigrant visa to enter the US with the intent to adjust status to a green card holder. That's fraud because the individual is using a non-immigrant visa to immigrate.

Now you understand what I mean.

In most instances involving Immediate Relatives, there are no problems adjusting. However, USCIS can base a denial of the AOS on the illegal use of the non-immigrant visa to enter the US. In case of a denial, removal proceedings would be initiated. The applicant will be given a chance to voluntarily leave the US. What is a chance, leavin is leaving .. they are smart they dont want to waste their cash to send people out ... make people aware of what is the bottom line... Follow the rules. this great nation is full of great rules and everyone should follow!

No way for them to "work ((((world))))) for at least 15 years to remove a bad record?" 15 years? Where are getting this from? GO RESEARCH!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I smell a troll.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi all,

Thanks for your reply. i do not want to use non imigrant visa to immigrate into usa for my parents. I just want to invite them to visit and then they will go back in a given time. After that I want to apply for legal immigration on I-130.

I just want to know that should i apply during their visit or after they go back to their native contry?

Timeline

hi all,

Thanks for your reply. i do not want to use non imigrant visa to immigrate into usa for my parents. I just want to invite them to visit and then they will go back in a given time. After that I want to apply for legal immigration on I-130.

I just want to know that should i apply during their visit or after they go back to their native contry?

You can apply any time. It doesn't matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.