Fight for Love

how long does it takes for the USCIS to grant expedite?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was wondering how long does it take for them to approved or deny it??

If you had experience please let me know what criteria under you file it and how long does it takes for u to get the approval or denial? Or if ever, did u asks the senate or congress for help?? Thanks :thumbs:

here's my situation last april 5, I file for expedite request(humanitarian situation) then the following day I got an email requesting for the documentation I send via fax(i didn't call to confirm if they got my fax)...since then I haven't heard from them. Yesterday I contacted the senate and today I contacted the congress...lol I know I sound desperate. But I am. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Looks like you filed about 2 months ago.

If you get NOA2 next week it will mean your expedite was approved. If you have to wait for it another 2-3 months like everyone else it means it was not.

You gave no information what was the basis for requesting "humanitarian" expedite, thus no one will be able to tell you what your chances are.

When contacting representatives and senators, remember to contact both parties. You will know right away who feels unsecure this election year. Just kidding.

Looks like you filed about 2 months ago.

If you get NOA2 next week it will mean your expedite was approved. If you have to wait for it another 2-3 months like everyone else it means it was not.

You gave no information what was the basis for requesting "humanitarian" expedite, thus no one will be able to tell you what your chances are.

When contacting representatives and senators, remember to contact both parties. You will know right away who feels unsecure this election year. Just kidding.

nyehhehehe you make me laugh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i did contact them both...oh well let see not sure when is the election for congress and senate will be..but i hope they feel me lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

We are in the same boat, I haven't heard anything yet either... Driving me crazy :(

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

We are in the same boat, I haven't heard anything yet either... Driving me crazy :(

oh wow..same date too. did u contact your senate or congress? u should involved them i did lol i mean just give it a try nothing to lost but a little help right? goodluck for us...hey keep us updated about your expedite request ok :wacko: :wacko: :thumbs: thanks :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Nope, I didn't get my congressman involved. I have the form from his office but I didn't send it back yet because I don't want USCIS to see me as being 'pushy' -- I'm hoping to hear something by next Friday.

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

Nope, I didn't get my congressman involved. I have the form from his office but I didn't send it back yet because I don't want USCIS to see me as being 'pushy' -- I'm hoping to hear something by next Friday.

ah okay. but it doesn't mean you want to involved the right person who could able to help is being pushy...i think your just showing that u really care/concern for the person that's why your rushing them esp we file for humanitarian situation...i mean god forbid we really don't know whats going to happen to our love ones esp living in a dangerous area. i will do everything just to keep my fiance safe.,..anyways goodluck for us i guess lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should hear in 5-10 days from your expedite request if its approved or not. If its not approved generally they just do not approve your petition and send no notice. If its approved you would have had an approval in 5-10 days of your sending the papers in for your request.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

You should hear in 5-10 days from your expedite request if its approved or not. If its not approved generally they just do not approve your petition and send no notice. If its approved you would have had an approval in 5-10 days of your sending the papers in for your request.

ah ok..(5-10 business days i assumed right..lol) i guess have i few more days to worry ehehe thanks inky :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if you filed with USCIS , this expedite, then you should follow up, with USCIS , about the expedite.

It smells like you've not done that, yet.

Call into USCIS, get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO. Then ask about the status of the expedite request.

Don't waste time with a CSR, the first person that answers the phone, a Tier 1 sub-human.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

if you filed with USCIS , this expedite, then you should follow up, with USCIS , about the expedite.

It smells like you've not done that, yet.

Call into USCIS, get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO. Then ask about the status of the expedite request.

Don't waste time with a CSR, the first person that answers the phone, a Tier 1 sub-human.

your right i haven't tried calling to follow up..i was thinking maybe it's better for the government official to do the follow up..lol anyways my plan if none of the government official called me within this wk i will do the follow up w/the USCIS. thanks darnell for the idea :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if that is your thinking, then keep lol'ing.

Good Luck ! Tempus Fugit !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

kabayan you should be the one to follow up.. it won't hurt anyway..

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

kabayan you should be the one to follow up.. it won't hurt anyway..

I did kabayan...if ever, I didn't hear from them within 15days since I file..USCIS advise me to call back AGAIN! As usual lol I have until April 26 to worry about I guess lol

thanks kabayan :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by takis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I (think) my expedite was approved because NVC sent me a letter (with the new #) and they sent the package on to the Embassy, and then she received her packet three that we are finishing up next week, but we NEVER heard anything from USCIS, and even the website states "initial review".

We called USCIS and couldn't get answers from anyone.. but assumed our packet was succesfully expediated.

From K1 submission to US Citizenship- 2 years, 1 month and 2 days!

K-1 Process
• 6 MAR 2012 - I-129F packet sent via FedEx overnight •

• 7 MAR 2012 - Packet received Dallas, Texas
• 12 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (Notice by Email: routed to the CSC)
• 15 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (received Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797))
• 12 JUN 2012 - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email)
• 23 MAR 2012 - NVC received/forwarded approved I-129F
• 25 April 2012 - Interview and Visa Approved!
• 27 APR 2012 - Collected Visa at Embassy
• 29 MAY 2012 - Arrival in US after two weeks holiday together!
*It took 46 days from NOA1 to Visa pick-up and we received our NOA2 two weeks AFTER her arrival in States!

AOS Process
• 13 JUL 2012 - I-485 packet received at USCIS
• 23 JUL 2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485 and I-765 (we didn't do an AP)
• 10 AUG 2012 - RFE for Proof of Employment and Fed. Poverty Level/Support Requirement!(Active Duty Military but deployed last year with little taxable income to report)
• RFE Discussion--> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382590-any-other-military-members-have-this-happen/
• 16 AUG 2012 - USCIS received my RFE document response & Biometrics completed on same day
• 21 SEP 2012 - EAD Received after a total of 6 USCIS Status updates
• 8 MAR 2013 - USCIS received our AP I-131 Travel Doc that we didn't apply for initially (bad decision)
• 26 MAR 2013 - Email Notice that AP was approved
• 03 APR 2013 - Card in hand! (9+ months from application to receipt of card)

Removal of Conditions

• Skipped with Military expedite

Citizenship N400

• 20 JAN 2014 - Packet mailed

• 02 FEB 2014 - walk-in Bio appointment

• 24 MAR 2014 - Interview

• 08 APR 2014 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.