BesosforMexico

HELP Juarez Consulate Reprinting Visa Appointment Letter

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know if the consulate information center can reprint our Visa Appointment Letter???

Our lawyer "misplaced" it. I had asked the consulate before they even had sent it if they could send it to our address instead and they said it had to go to my lawyer.

They told us if we don't have the invitation letter that we will have to reschedule the interview. Yet they will not resend it to my address, or my attorneys, and they said it is "possible" that the information center "might" be able to print it for us. Our interview is next week and I leave on friday. I don't want to get down there and have them tell us we have to reschedule.

Helpppppppppp

10/20/2011 - Submitted I-129f to CSC

10/22/2011 - CSC Received our packet

10/24/2011 - NOA1

10/28/2011 - Touched

2/23/2012 - 2/28/2012 Trip to Mexico

2/27/2012 - NOA2

3/5/2012 - NVC received our packet

3/6/2012 - NVC forwarded packet to consulate

3/8/2012 - Received by consulate

3/23/2012 - Packet sent by consulate

4/16/2012 - Medical and Finger printing scheduled

4/17/2012 - Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I asked a similar question but if worst comes to worst you can obtain it in the consulate, and this is according to a consulate review i read. It stated that a person went to the medical appt and they asked her for the elusive invitation letter but she didnt have it. While she stood in line her fiance walked to consulate and got a copy of the letter and gave to her. Thats what i read. Now, what is an invitation letter? Beats me im trying to find out.

Timeline

Like I said on your topic, the invitation letter is the letter that they mail to your US address

10/24/2011 - NOA1

10/28/2011 - Touched

2/27/2012 - NOA2

4/17/2012 - Interview

Timeline

I have 3 letters and they appear to be general information. 2 are from from nvc another from the consulate mailed from texas and gives information to go fill out ds-260 and make a asc appt.

Timeline

that last one from the consulate is it

10/24/2011 - NOA1

10/28/2011 - Touched

2/27/2012 - NOA2

4/17/2012 - Interview

Timeline

Thanks. In return here is the review on the couple that didnt have their invitation letter. They got a print out/ copy at the consulate. Read below and Good luck.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=8359

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know if the consulate information center can reprint our Visa Appointment Letter???

Our lawyer "misplaced" it. I had asked the consulate before they even had sent it if they could send it to our address instead and they said it had to go to my lawyer.

They told us if we don't have the invitation letter that we will have to reschedule the interview. Yet they will not resend it to my address, or my attorneys, and they said it is "possible" that the information center "might" be able to print it for us. Our interview is next week and I leave on friday. I don't want to get down there and have them tell us we have to reschedule.

Helpppppppppp

They used to print it out for you there if you went to the information window and asked for it. I have read conflicting info about it lately. Some said you can still get it there and some said you cannot. I know this must be frustrating for you. I don't even need to say anything else about how bad your lawyer truly is, sheesh.

The only thing you can do now is show up early at the consulate when you arrive in Juarez and tell them you have a scheduled interview and need that letter to get the medical, ASC and interview and could they please please print you off a copy so you are not wasting time and money on a trip all the way there for nothing.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They used to print it out for you there if you went to the information window and asked for it. I have read conflicting info about it lately. Some said you can still get it there and some said you cannot. I know this must be frustrating for you. I don't even need to say anything else about how bad your lawyer truly is, sheesh.

The only thing you can do now is show up early at the consulate when you arrive in Juarez and tell them you have a scheduled interview and need that letter to get the medical, ASC and interview and could they please please print you off a copy so you are not wasting time and money on a trip all the way there for nothing.

I mean SOMEONE has to do SOMETHING. I called the consulate, and we all know how bad the juarez consulate phone calls are. I told them my lawyer misplaced it and they said I would have to call the NVC to get a new letter. I told them that it was a K-1 and that the NVC wouldnt have had it, and that it comes directly from them. They told me I was wrong so I called the NVC, and they told me that I was right, the consulate is the only one to have the letter. I called back in to the consulate and spoke to someone different. They tried the same story about how they don't have it. I hung up and called someone else. This guy told me that they have been INSTRUCTED to tell callers that they don't have it when they do!! Then he told me that it is impossible to resend the letter. They can't email it to me, they can't fax it to me, and they cant even remail it.

So I asked him what I can even do. I DONT have the letter, I have NO way of getting it, and I have spent all this money and time on the visa. What am I supposed to do, restart the whole visa? I could tell he felt bad for me so he said to bring a signed letter from my lawyer on her letterhead telling the consulate that it was her fault and that she misplaced it. He said to go to the information center and ask them to print it for me. He said that they still might not, but he told me that they do have the power to print it. He said if they tell me otherwise to speak with a supervisor or manager that day.

The other thing Im worrying about, is that we will get to the information center at 7 or so to wait for them to open, and then will have to go to the medical straight from there. So we won't get to the medical facility until about 8 or 8:30. Hopefully we don't get a busy day when we go there and have him get closed out of his medical.

I know it would be better to get there a day earlier but it is impossible. We can't get to Juarez until Sunday, his interview is Tuesday morning. I really hope this all works out for us. If it doesn't then I will have to leave my fiance there, come back to ohio, and wait for him to come to me. I can't make another trip. I took all of my vacation time now. But I guess regardless I don't feel like there is a light at the end of the table if they can't print it. They won't remail it either! So I am waiting for a piece of paper that will never get to me.

10/24/2011 - NOA1

10/28/2011 - Touched

2/27/2012 - NOA2

4/17/2012 - Interview

Timeline

We got an email reply from the consulate. It was rather wordy so just to highlight the part that matter..... its says "Your client may come to our information window to request a copy of the appointment notice."

It wasn't real clear if they were making an exception or if that is standard procedure.

If nothing else though I have an email to print out and take FROM the consulate, saying they will reprint it

10/24/2011 - NOA1

10/28/2011 - Touched

2/27/2012 - NOA2

4/17/2012 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good. Hopefully with the documents you bring to show them, it will make them even more likely to print it out for you. Good luck! :)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am having the same issue except we never received the invitation letter still. They told me on the phone to go ahead and make the appt because we live in Cancun and sometimes we dont even get the mail. But now we need the letter and im freaking out. My fiance leaves the day after tomorrow. I called the consulate in Juarez and they said their systems are down and they cant answer my questions. I cant have my fiance go all the way there for nothing. I just dont know what to do i have been crying for hours!! Even worse we are having a baby soon!!

Timeline

I am having the same issue except we never received the invitation letter still. They told me on the phone to go ahead and make the appt because we live in Cancun and sometimes we dont even get the mail. But now we need the letter and im freaking out. My fiance leaves the day after tomorrow. I called the consulate in Juarez and they said their systems are down and they cant answer my questions. I cant have my fiance go all the way there for nothing. I just dont know what to do i have been crying for hours!! Even worse we are having a baby soon!!

They printed it for us yesterday with no problem. Just i wpild recommend having a day to go get the appointment letter before the day of the medical if at all possible. We were able to do it all in one day but it was very close on time

10/24/2011 - NOA1

10/28/2011 - Touched

2/27/2012 - NOA2

4/17/2012 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.