missyouhoney

What will happen if AOS is denied- we got RFE

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

OBVIOUSLY when someone says "I THINK" it is an opinion. AND OBVIOUSLY I did not talk about "means-tested benefits". It is very HIGHLY LIKELY that she is using what she IS entitled to because A LOT of these benefits are not considered public charge and are available to her.

You just proved my point by doing it again.

:ot2:.

hi, I have not read all threads hear yet but I once had RFE during our AOS since we don't have joint account nor properties in our name, we only submitted jointly filed tax returns, marriage certificate, and pictures. When we got our RFE, they asked for a joint bank account which we don't have, so we responded through mail and explained that we never used banks and pay bills in cash and made a promise that my husband will support me, then he signed it. We got approved, now we are about to apply for lifting conditions.

You have to be strong and stress your continuing and married relationship. Goodluck!

Love conquers everything!!!

Our Timeline:

03.21.2006 - Met Online

04.21.2006 - Officially On

09.24.2008 - First Visit in the Philippines

01.07.2009 - Submitted I-129F to USCIS

01.09.2009 - Received I-129F by USCIS

04.19.2009 - Notice of Approval

05.16.2009 - Case received by NVC

06.03.2009 - Left NVC to US Embassy Manila

06.11.2009 - Case received by US Embassy Manila

06.16.2009 - Received appointment letter from US Embassy

06.22.2009 - Received via email confirmed interview appointment

07.08.2009 - First day of Medical Examination at SLMCEC

07.09.2009 - Immunization Day, PASSED Medical Exam

07.16.2009 - Visa Interview.... APPROVED!!!!

07.30.2009 - Visa at Hand

09.24.2009 - Entry to US

11.18.2009 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

04.13.2010 - mailed AOS application

04.14.2010 - USCIS received my AOS application

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

08.13.2010 - APPROVED!!!

EAD Application:

04.13.2010 - mailed EAD application

04.14.2010 - USCIS received EAD application

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

06.17.2010 - APPROVED!!!

LIFTING GC Conditions:

05.07.2012 - I-751 application sent

05.10.2012 - VSC received application

05.16.2012 - check cleared

The way I see it, they did not have too much on the list like us, however; I did include my wife on my employer's benefits like health insurance, life insurance, etc and I had the previous year's tax return. Now the IO may be wondering why your husband has not included you on his benefits and you are getting state assisted health coverage for your pregnancy. Since you are filing for AOS, your husband is not LEGALLY on the hook for anything you received before he signed the I-864 form which is a legal contract between him and the US government--the the US government will go after him to repay should your benefits be mean-tested public benefits. So the IO may be wondering why he is not providing your health care coverage with health insurance and is instead using possible public benefits he may have to repay. I know it would seem a bit strange to me. You can give them a written explaination at to why you do not have the items asked for in the RFE or you can contact a good immigration lawyer to see what advice is forthcoming.

I will not say whether you will be okay or not as I do not know the whole story like your husband's income, work history, etc and I am NOT the IO. It is up to that person and only that person.

I wish you good luck and hope it all works ouit in the end,

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

OBVIOUSLY when someone says "I THINK" it is an opinion. AND OBVIOUSLY I did not talk about "means-tested benefits". It is very HIGHLY LIKELY that she is using what she IS entitled to because A LOT of these benefits are not considered public charge and are available to her.

You ALWAYS FAIL to READ. And ALWAYS ARGUE LIKE YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAVE THE ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING. THIS is a PUBLIC forum. SHE ASKED FOR OPINIONS. IF SHE NEEDS LEGAL ADVICE FROM A LAWYER, she will contact a lawyer instead!

No, no and no. And no. It's not about arguing or relieving OP from stress, it's about the simple fact of why OP received the RFE, what it means and what she can do now to better the situation and what she can't do as of now. If OP was asking about relationship advise it could be anybody's call. Immigration doesn't work that way. VJ doesn't work that way either since the forum is based on members contributing with knowledge and facts - not merely thoughts.

I wholeheartedly agree with Vanessa&Tony and climb out of the anonymous +1 click. Not because she seems to have the answer to everything but because she knows the facts whether you like it or not. You can't argue that a red ball is red if it in fact is red.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Incorrect. They are not allowed to be denied insurance based on pregnancy. See here: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html

Unfortunately for the OP, if she is looking to get private insurance maternity coverage frequently has a waiting period from when the insurances takes effect - if it is included at all. If she is getting insurance through her husband's employer there shouldn't be that issue, but she would probably have to wait for open enrollment at this point.

I think you're right on in terms of what USCIS is looking for (or not looking for). She should look into exactly what type of public assistance she is using, for starters.

To the OP, what did you submit as evidence of a bonafide marriage if not proof of insurance, a lease, or co-mingling of finances?

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

He had our interview last week and took with us the proof we had, our mistake was not to have a lease agreement on both names, a joint bank account, medical and life insurance, and a list of benefits from my husband´s ( petitioner ) employer.

We will work on those papers, but my husband is not happy about the life insurance thing, he just doesn´t want to do it.

What was ur experience with the AOS? Did you get a RFE? Did u have to do the life insurance thing?-Dont have interview on my AOS, No RFE, We dont have a life insurance.

Furthermore, What happens if one fails to comply with ONE of the requirements? Will I be deported or how long can I stay using my Advance Parol and Work Permit?-If you fail to comply they will ask you more evidence(RFE) They wont deport you easily, AP and Work Permit is good for1 year. if you wont recieve your green card by the time your AP and Work permit expire, they will send you and extension.

We can´t believe it! We´re honest people. We love each other and God Willing will b having a daughter in July. We can´t believe they will force us to leave The USA.

I´ll appreciate your positive comments. Thanx.

Goodluck!

God bless you!

If he had interview already,you should bring the FOllowing:

Proof that you and your spouse have been residing together as husband and wife. These documents must show BOTH of your names:

a. Joint leases

b. Bank accounts

c. Utility bills

d. Insurance policy

e. Credit cards

f. Rental receipts

g. Proof of joint ownership of cars, homes, furniture, etc.

7. Proof of salary, employment, and year-to-date income for both you and your spouse

8. Wedding photos and any other photos of you and your spouse together -send as many pictures as you can if you will get RFE

9. Any additional evidence you wish considered to establish a bonafide marriage -you can ask a friend to write a letter that your marriage is real and you live in the same house from then and now, it have to be notarized

10. Others, for my experience we dont own our house coz its my in laws house, so we just write a letter that the house its not in our name, coz its my in laws asset, we have it notary.

And about life insurance thing, you dont really need to buy, if you dont want.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Several posts containing personal attacks and bickering removed. Please remain civil and constructive, answering the OP's question. If you want to argue amongst yourselves, take it to PM. One post returned below without quote *****

Sorry but when you sign up for state benefits there are records and yes USCIS / DOS / FBI can access them and will find them in the background checks they do.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Your husband may still be able to add you to his group medical insurance through his work - and he may still be able to buy life insurance through his work. If not, he can go on line and buy an inexpensive term life insurance product with a $10K to $20K benefit, for very little money.

You still may have time to correct your mistakes and get back on track - good luck.

Met on line: 7-4-2007

Sent petition to Vermont Service Center on 8-11-2010

NOA1 VSC 8-27-10

NOA2 VSC 2-7-11

Interview 5-12-11

Approved 5-12-11

POE: LA/6-15-2011

Married 8-26-2011

AOS: Submitted 10-7-2011

AOS Interview: 2-23-2012 Approved

Green Card Recvd: 2-28-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.