TLL

How long does the citizenship interview take after fingerprints?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I already got fingerprints done last week(3/19).

Can I leave US for one month? I am planning to book a flight to leave on 4/21

Just need to make sure interview letter will not come in while I am not in the country.

Thank you

Edited by TLL

I received an interview date about 2 weeks after my finger print and the interview was set for a month after the notice date.

Good luck

Adjusting from B2 visa

12/3/2011: Hubby arrived to the USA

12/23/2011: AOS package

12/29/2011: AOS package received

01/11/2012: Acceptance email received

01/18/2012: Biometric appt and receipt received

Appointment set for 02/8/2012

01/27/2012: RFE email received

02/01/2012: Hard copy of RFE notice received

02/14/2012: RFE info sent back to USCIS

02/22/2012: Received email RFE received case continues to process at NBC

03/09/2012: Receive email with interview notice

04/12/2012: Interview in Baltimore City 9:00am

Case has to be reviewed WAITING on a decision now....

04/18/2012: APPROVED EMAIL RECEIVED AMEN!!!!!

04/23/2012: Approval/ welcome letter received in mail

04/23/2012: Card production ordered email received

04/24/2012: Card mailed email received

04/27/2012: Received email USPS picked up mail containing card notice

04/27/2012: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!! :)

I already got fingerprints done last week(3/19).

Can I leave US for one month? I am planning to book a flight to leave on 4/21

Just need to make sure interview letter will not come in while I am not in the country.

Thank you

I woud have someone you trust pickup your mail and inform you should you get a letter from the USCIS as you know by now there are no guarantees in the timelines. To make plans after you have entered into another round with the USCIS is IMHO foolish unless there is no choice. At least if you miss the letter for the interview you are only out the application fee and will have to apply again. It is not like ROC where your application gets denied and you loose your 2 year GC. Choose wisely.

Good luck,

Dave

Ree, thanks for quick reply

My local office is Dallas, TX

I think Dallas is a relatively fast DO. After your FP, you should receive shortly a status update about being placed in the queue for interview. Then it shouildn't be too long before you get another update saying that you are scheduled.

I remember when I was going through the citizenship process and I compared the Dallas, Houston, and Austin offices...

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

• 2 weeks later...

Received updated information this morning...

On April 9, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. Please check the website for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Received updated information this morning...

On April 9, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. Please check the website for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

anyone knows how soon I will receive the interview letter?

I think this is good news. Today, I got another updated...

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from April 10, 2012, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.