maim3

Sputum Smear Result.. Negative!

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wala namang extra pay yun lang waste of time talaga. Yes they can do another xray in other views, like what The Medical City did when i had my xrays with them. Ewan ko ba sa St. Lukes bakit to the extreme ang kailangan nilang gawin kung may iba pa namang paraan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJers, i just want to share my experience yesterday. I had my 3-day sputum collection last March 13,14 & 15 but i was scheduled for pulmonary evaluation just yesterday (March 19). My appointment is at 1:30PM but i arrived at 12Noon. So i went to 2nd Floor and gave my slip to the nurse and told me to wait outside for the # that she will give after collecting all the slips. Around 1:30PM, she started giving out #s. She said there will be 2 separate batches of #s, one is batch A and the other is B. I was #4 in Batch A. From then, i was wondering why there is A and B so i became nosy and watchful (i'm sure there's a reason behind it).

I noticed that the applicants in Batch A after they talked to the doctor for the sputum smear result and the nurse who gave the slip for the schedule of the sputum culture result, they were done and went home. But in Batch B, after they talked to the doctor, they were holding a folder with D.O.T. printed on that folder and went to the other room and talked to the nurse. I overheard that they need to undergo the treatment. I am not sure if all the applicants in Batch B are all positive in their sputum smear because i only overheard the 1st 2 applicants in Batch B since im # 4 in Batch A. But maybe that's the logic of giving out 2 batches of #s. A is for negative smears and B for positive smears. (this is just my own realization, you can correct me if i'm wrong)

I also asked the doctor if how many percent of the negative smears turn out to positive in culture, she said only 10% or less in 100 applicants. We can't really be sure still but lets stay positive.

Anyway, my schedule to call St. Luke's for my sputum culture result is on May 15 but the nurse said by May 10 the process is done. So i'll try to call them earlier. The doctor told me that medical will expire in 3 months starting on the day they will release it. And if it gets expired i need to start all over again and pay the same amount for the 2nd time! Since i'll give birth in June 13, i'll try my best to leave as soon as i get my visa because or else my medical will expire if i give birth here.

Praying for the best in my journey...

P.S.

I talked to k1 applicant while waiting for the result, i forgot to ask her name and her account in VJ. If it's you, please reply to this post so i can add you. I'm from the Department of Energy.

Had my pulmonary evaluation earlier today (my sputum collection was last Monday to Wednesday) and I was also assigned in GROUP A and my smear was negative.... I am scheduled to call them on May 28 for the culture results... Let us both pray that it will be negative and can go ahead with our immunization. God bless..

Timeline

Had my pulmonary evaluation earlier today (my sputum collection was last Monday to Wednesday) and I was also assigned in GROUP A and my smear was negative.... I am scheduled to call them on May 28 for the culture results... Let us both pray that it will be negative and can go ahead with our immunization. God bless..

Tama nga siguro ako ng assessment sa batch A and B. I was in St. Lukes last Monday and Wednesday to finish my daughter's medical, tinitingnan ko yung mga nasa evaluation, konti lang ang mga nasa Batch B. My daughter is finally done with my medical kaso kailangan pa rin akong hintayin para ma release yung clearance. Sana May na!:whistle:

Goodluck satin!

Edited by maim3

Timeline

Tama nga siguro ako ng assessment sa batch A and B. I was in St. Lukes last Monday and Wednesday to finish my daughter's medical, tinitingnan ko yung mga nasa evaluation, konti lang ang mga nasa Batch B. My daughter is finally done with my medical kaso kailangan pa rin akong hintayin para ma release yung clearance. Sana May na!:whistle:

Goodluck satin!

Yes. Natandaan ko tong post mo nung time na naghihintay ako at nagbibigay na sila ng numbers. I was so relieved that the nurse handed me group A no. 6. Yung Cubicle B eh DOT Extension ang nakalagay so sila yung mag-undergo ng DOT treatment. Let us pray both! God bless!

maim3...thank you for posting your experience about the sputum collection...and thanks to those who responded.

My question: How many positive smear tests does it take in order to be assigned to Group B? Would someone with only one positive smear be assigned to Group B?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I just want to share my medical experience, I also underwent to Sputum test last Feb 14,15,16, got the pulmonary evaluation Feb 21, Thank GOD it's negative, and they told me to call them April 17 for the result of my cultured sputum. I called one day earlier and the result were ready, they asked me to report on April 19, but I then I asked if I can do it on April 18 and she said yes, anyways to make the long story short, 8 weeks waiting is finally over, they set our Interview for Monday April 23, but I am still waiting for some documents from my husband so I ask them to moved it to April 27 instead hehe.

To those who are waiting for the result of their cultured sputum, just pray pray and pray harder it works. God bless!

Timeline

I just want to share my medical experience, I also underwent to Sputum test last Feb 14,15,16, got the pulmonary evaluation Feb 21, Thank GOD it's negative, and they told me to call them April 17 for the result of my cultured sputum. I called one day earlier and the result were ready, they asked me to report on April 19, but I then I asked if I can do it on April 18 and she said yes, anyways to make the long story short, 8 weeks waiting is finally over, they set our Interview for Monday April 23, but I am still waiting for some documents from my husband so I ask them to moved it to April 27 instead hehe.

To those who are waiting for the result of their cultured sputum, just pray pray and pray harder it works. God bless!

Congrats! Sana May na para ako naman! :)

Timeline

Yes, Sis! You will have your turn very soon, time fly so fast you would not even notice its already may. By the way, I read taga bulacan ka, Bulakenya din ako. Saan ka sa Bulacan?

Sa San Jose Del Monte pero kabibili ko lang ng property dun 3 years ago, taga Laguna talaga kami. Ikaw?

Timeline

Congrats to you. I am also waiting for my sputum culture due in May 28. I do pray na negative sya...medyo matagal din maghintay. Goodluck to the rest of your journey!

Sa San Jose Del Monte pero kabibili ko lang ng property dun 3 years ago, taga Laguna talaga kami. Ikaw?

Paombong kami so medyo malayo sa San Jose del Monte

Congrats to you. I am also waiting for my sputum culture due in May 28. I do pray na negative sya...medyo matagal din maghintay. Goodluck to the rest of your journey!

Thanks, I understand, sabi ko nga dati eto yata yung pinaka mahabang 8 weeks na hinintay ko, but its all worth it. Mabilis na yan, ngayon april 19 na, patapos na april. Hinde mo mamamalayan May na, try nyo mag call earlier dun sa given date nila.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just an update:

I called today at SLEC (4 days before their given date to call them), i talked to Jon and he said my sputum culture is negative! and he scheduled me to get my medical clearance on Monday (May 14). I called USEM to get an appointment for interview and as of today the earliest is May 21. And i'm due to give birth on May 23! I hope my baby will not come out earlier! Thank you Lord!

Just an update:

I called today at SLEC (4 days before their given date to call them), i talked to Jon and he said my sputum culture is negative! and he scheduled me to get my medical clearance on Monday (May 14). I called USEM to get an appointment for interview and as of today the earliest is May 21. And i'm due to give birth on May 23! I hope my baby will not come out earlier! Thank you Lord!

Congrats!!!!

Timeline

Just an update:

Congrats to you! God is good. Mine is due in May 28..do whisper a prayer for me that it will turn out negative as well. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.