Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

how do I invite my mother to come visit in the US

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Follow the steps in the link to apply for tourist visa online and set up interview http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html If your mom does not have a passport she will need one as the online application will request that information. Be sure to write the application reference number down, because you won't be able to complete it all at once and you'll need the reference number to continue later. Your mom has to go pay the $140 fee at GTB Bank and give you the receipt number to put on the application. She will also have to keep that receipt for the interview. She has to show strong ties to Nigeria, land, home, marriage, etc. Many tourist visas are denied, but you'll never know until you try. Best wishes!

Edited by Olomi_811

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.