16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i have a question to those that replied to the OP:

you all kept mentioning the color of the 221g slip - is there any real credence to the color?

is blue better than other colors - green etc?

what do the colors mean? how many are there?

does the meaning vary from country to country - or all the same?

TIA:)

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

you all kept mentioning the color of the 221g slip - is there any real credence to the color?

The 221g letters in Ecuador were printed out on white bond paper directly from a printer at the CO's fingertips.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, but the colors are country specific. Knowing whether the slip was blue or white, for China, let's us know whether it's a request for documents or a hard denial with case being sent back to USCIS. 221g itself is just a catch-all section referred to in pretty much all denials whether the Consulate is only waiting for something missing, something new they want to evaluate or their decision is, in their minds, final.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

ok, the question remains - do we know the meaning of the colors in different countries?

it seems that this Admin Processing is the one time that can be without a definite ending - and appears to cause us the most pain because we dont know

I guess im asking the larger VJ community....wouldnt it be worth while to understand the differences - so atleast if one of us in that position, we would atleast have some level of comfort knowing "why" based on the color...

Edited by lubnajavid

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we? no

I only pay attention to the ones in CHINA

as 221G has different usage there, compared to other IV units across the world.

You could compile a list, though, if you'd like, by studying posts in the http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/ forum, putting pen to paper in compiling that list.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

darnell

suire - give me the china info - and i'll start the list

i'll take info from whomever wants to give it.

but it will need to come from those in the know - and will provide info to those who may have to lean on it.

but i do believe that "we" on Vj dont know the meaning of the colors - or perhaps we havnt found out the meanings.

if you want to share the knowledge - i will gladly take it from you.

Edited by lubnajavid

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Timeline

take it from me? heck no - I was suggesting you compile a list - even gave you an URL to study.

What's up ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread split from another topic

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

darnell

but it will need to come from those in the know - and will provide info to those who may have to lean on it.

but i do believe that "we" on Vj dont know the meaning of the colors - or perhaps we havnt found out the meanings.

Here is a link to this very same topic about Islamabad....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/201300-interview-colors/

I've also seen different colors issued to members from pakistan and it seemed to only matter What was said on the form not the color itself.

But other countries do use specific colors for different things as previously mentioned.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

darnell

First 221g notice colors have NOTHING to do with AP.

Second, most members don't care about any notice colors except for the country in which they or their loved one will (or have) interview for a visa.

We usually ask WHAT the notice actually says, instead of the color. It's far more important. The color tells only a very small part of any story behind a notice.

Further, even from China, I've seen somebody get a blue 221g notice accompanied by both a yellow and a pink notice requesting various things. If you want to compile a list, have at it. IMO, it will be of little use.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

take it from me? heck no - I was suggesting you compile a list - even gave you an URL to study.

What's up ?

dont get me wrong - but i thought you were offering help.

thanks

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Timeline

@Eabbas and @pushbrk

thanks to you both for your input

i will review what you have given also; just trying to provide some method to the madness - in the same way we want to analyse why it takes the USCIS so long to get around to doing a 15 min review of our cases.

I will see if there is any need to go on with this once i read what has already been said...if its fruitless - it was still worth asking the question in my opinion.

as they say - if you dont ask - you dont get - and it applies here too

Edited by lubnajavid

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Timeline

dont get me wrong - but i thought you were offering help.

thanks

No, not really.

I was trying to point you in the right direction, though, to get some idea of what's what, with that url.

AP is not usually a piece of a 'soft denial' with the 221G, back in China - I've no idea how it works, AP, at all.

I do know that a Chinese Communist Party FORMER MEMBER or CURRENT Member will go through a mandatory administrative processing time, after the interview..

I do remember reading that AP occurs after an interview, successful one or not.

For MENA countries, males usually go through a period of AP..

IMO, 221G and AP are not related.

in China, the 221G is in 2 categories - 'unable to issue visa, sending back to DoS/USCIS' and 'hey - give us more info'.

Usually, the request for more info is on a blue slip, and the 'send back' notice is on a white slip.

But, that's all I know, man.. Dig Deep in that forum, you should be able to compile a list rather quickly, simply from READING the topics there (easier from a PC, btw).

Good Luck with yer compilation !!

Timeline

I got the green one slip i dont know if its good or bad i dont know Allah help everyone Amine

This is why the color doesn't matter. What does it say?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.