RickJovi

Age gap difference in Philippines

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers that petitioned fiancee's from the Philippines. I have a questions about age gaps between the USC and the Filipina fiancee. Has anyone ever been denied based on a 25 year age difference from their fiancee. I know my first ex-wife Filipina and I had a 21 year age gap and did not have any problems. I know it is common in the Philippines to have a large age gap and for me age should not matter if you are in a legitimate relationship. I am 25 years senior to my fiancee and we both love each other. Just don't want the Consular Officer to play God and pass their own moral judgement when the evidence I have provided and continue to provide show that we have a real relationship. Any past experience would be appreciate. Thanks.

Edited by RickJovi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers that petitioned fiancee's from the Philippines. I have a questions about age gaps between the USC and the Filipina fiancee. Has anyone ever been denied based on a 25 year age difference from their fiancee. I know my first ex-wife Filipina and I had a 21 year age gap and did not have any problems. I know it is common in the Philippines to have a large age gap and for me age should not matter if you are in a legitimate relationship. I am 25 years senior to my fiancee and we both love each other. Just don't want the Consular Officer to play God and pass their own moral judgement when the evidence I have provided and continue to provide show that we have a real relationship. Any past experience would be appreciate. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wouldn't worry, my friend had a 28 year age difference and everything went fine! That was about 2 years ago in the Philipines!

I have 19 years age difference with my Colombian fiance and am not worried!

Good luck

Timeline

I wouldn't worry, my friend had a 28 year age difference and everything went fine! That was about 2 years ago in the Philipines!

I have 19 years age difference with my Colombian fiance and am not worried!

Good luck

I am not too worried, just trying to find out if anyone had an issue because I read some other country like Morocco someone had only a 12 year age difference and was denied. The Philippines is generally more lenient as it is normal to see much older men married to younger women. My first was 21 years younger and we had no problem, but she used me. The one I am talking to now I met through a personal reference from a coworker. She is totally different and I am so happy now and excited about our future together. We have been talking 9 months and I am on my second trip within 3 months to spend time with her and her family. Thanks for the quick response. Looks like the CSC picked up the pace on NOA2's quite a bit. Take care.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The timeline indicates you are 50 and she is 25.

I'm 50 and Mav is 34. (I always felt weird about that).

Well, as you know, she don't need parental consent.

I see no problem. But, You stated: The last one was bad to you and a 21 year age difference. I guess well just take your word for that. Treat this one better.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband is 25 years older than me :) But I was approved :) The consul never asked anything about our age gap. I'm here in US already.

And what happened to the Last Wife. :whistle:

I don't think the Philippines will deny a Petition on age. It is Normal. The problem is: After all the USCIS #######! there is a age difference and cultural. Its a challenge. I can see it would be. For both parties.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

The timeline indicates you are 50 and she is 25.

I'm 50 and Mav is 34. (I always felt weird about that).

Well, as you know, she don't need parental consent.

I see no problem. But, You stated: The last one was bad to you and a 21 year age difference. I guess well just take your word for that. Treat this one better.

What do you mean treat this one better? I didn't treat the last one bad. She had a meddling American Brother-In-Law who had a sick mother in Redwood City CA and he and his wife either influenced her to leave as they visit the U.S. every 6 months so he can make money under the table to go back to the Philippines and sick onhis a_s and do nothing. 3 days after leaving me she was already in CA and she is still there while he and her sister returned to Makati City. So please don't make statements like treat this one better. I treated her to good, but she had a hidden agenda. Hopefully when her breen card expires on November 2, 2012, USCIS will tell her to leave. I already sent evidence to be placed in her packet once I divorced her. So please don't try to judge me. Maybe you made a mistake and I will let it go at that.

Timeline

And what happened to the Last Wife. :whistle:

I don't think the Philippines will deny a Petition on age. It is Normal. The problem is: After all the USCIS #######! there is a age difference and cultural. Its a challenge. I can see it would be. For both parties.

I also forgot to mention that I am ex-Air Force and lived in the Philippines for 4 years and have visitied several times since then. I am well aware of the cultural differences and I accept the Filipino culture and I am very comfortable with it. I do the mano po for my fiancee's parents and elders, eat balut and love the Philippines. I just got a bad one who was materailistic, selfish, immature and had a hidden agenda as I stated. She left the month she made me wait, which was almost a year to have a baby and she agreed to have one with me as soon as we were married, in comes the meddling Brother-In-Law and now I had to wait a year. When the month came to have a baby she started an argument, left the house and went to her friends house and 3 days later she left Indianapolis, Indiana and went to Redwood City, CA. Perfect timing for her to be there when the Brother-In-Law and sister were due to return to Makati City, so she could take care of his sick mother. I also obtained pictures of her with another man in his arms and very affectionate less than 3 weeks of leaving me and we were still married. I confronted the Brother-In-Law and he said it was his best friend and she could do whatever she wanted. My current fiancee is totally opposite, doesn't wear 6 inch heals and try to look sexy and Plastic/fake. Her father is a Police Officer in Dumaguete and I get along with him and his entire family, as I was a Police Officer when I was in the Air Force and stationed at Clark Air Base. I go the real deal now not one of the many bad Filipinas that are just looking for a green card. Hope this clarifies things for you. Ingat!

Edited by RickJovi

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I also forgot to mention that I am ex-Air Force and lived in the Philippines for 4 years and have visitied several times since then. I am well aware of the cultural differences and I accept the Filipino culture and I am very comfortable with it. I do the mano po for my fiancee's parents and elders, eat balut and love the Philippines. I just got a bad one who was materailistic, selfish, immature and had a hidden agenda as I stated. She left the month she made me wait, which was almost a year to have a baby and she agreed to have one with me as soon as we were married, in comes the meddling Brother-In-Law and now I had to wait a year. When the month came to have a baby she started an argument, left the house and went to her friends house and 3 days later she left Indianapolis, Indiana and went to Redwood City, CA. Perfect timing for her to be there when the Brother-In-Law and sister were due to return to Makati City, so she could take care of his sick mother. I also obtained pictures of her with another man in his arms and very affectionate less than 3 weeks of leaving me and we were still married. I confronted the Brother-In-Law and he said it was his best friend and she could do whatever she wanted. My current fiancee is totally opposite, doesn't wear 6 inch heals and try to look sexy and Plastic/fake. Her father is a Police Officer in Dumaguete and I get along with him and his entire family, as I was a Police Officer when I was in the Air Force and stationed at Clark Air Base. I go the real deal now not one of the many bad Filipinas that are just looking for a green card. Hope this clarifies things for you. Ingat!

All that glitters is not gold.

The good ones are conservative, modest, and never go out in public looking like a $2......... B-)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

All that glitters is not gold.

The good ones are conservative, modest, and never go out in public looking like a $2......... B-)

You are correct Hank. Good luck on your fiancee's interview. If you have any questions about it, let me know. I sat in on my ex's interview in Manila.

Edited by RickJovi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.