RickJovi

Age gap difference in Philippines

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife is small, or should I say "vertically challenged". But she does not look like a little girl nor sound like a little girl.

And I sure don't think of her as a little girl.

shocked.gif... man you are digging a hole for sure. You need to find the delete button.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I like the vertically challenged comment.... 22 years difference and all went fine, she just got her green card finally. And even she is young, I sure don't view her as the daughter I never had.. Feel bad for your daughter Hos..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

I know a 20 y.o. Pinay who married a 70 y.o. from the Netherlands. Age won't ever be an issue.

Really Nice video.....you two remind me of my fiancé and I.....not afraid to go out and have some fun...and that look you two have for each other....I can certainly identify with that.

There is 25 years between my fiancé and myself.....and true love certainly can bridge the age gap :-)

Good luck to everyone, young and older..... !!!!!

Cheers,

cjmc

Edited by cjmc

Timeline

Has nothing to do with Filipinas at all. I don't know of any wives that would like to be thought as "a daughter" by their husband....

... I will leave it at that.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

One thing is very certain...... a true "MAN" who love his Partner/Wife will never say such things like that......

Definitely that man has NO BALLS!!! and "RESPECT" to his Partner/Wife!

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: Timeline

One thing is very certain...... a true "MAN" who love his Partner/Wife will never say such things like that......

Definitely that man has NO BALLS!!! and "RESPECT" to his Partner/Wife!

A man would say it to me, if he felt that way.

I'm getting a kick out of this because my wife was just describing the large age differences at the required govt counseling classes today. "20 marrying a 64, Ugh!!!" is an exact quote.

What ever happened to Age / 2 + 7? I can understand Filipina liking an older, mature man but we're quickly approaching creepy levels when a guy targets only women in their 20's on internet dating or matchmaking sites. When I look at a couple and assume they're a grandfather and granddaughter going for a walk until there's a really awkward kiss I get a shiver up my spine.

70 and 20? From a government perspective sure, knock yourself out. From a "what were you thinking!?" perspective,.. You've got a 2 generation gap in addition to a cultural one. Going to go to a concert together? What about rock-climbing?

"My soul-mate was an 18 year old super model!" seems like you're looking for all the wrong things and perpetuates a negative stereotype. We're built to fall in love and many relationships can be real but I have to worry about any woman looking for an extremely elderly man.

I'm curious about the 50+ year old guys. I'm pretty sure some have children from a previous relationship. Would you be ok with your 20 year old daughter marrying a retired 60 year old?

The guy doing the whole daughter/wife thing? I don't even know where to start there..

Timeline

I'm getting a kick out of this because my wife was just describing the large age differences at the required govt counseling classes today. "20 marrying a 64, Ugh!!!" is an exact quote.

What ever happened to Age / 2 + 7? I can understand Filipina liking an older, mature man but we're quickly approaching creepy levels when a guy targets only women in their 20's on internet dating or matchmaking sites. When I look at a couple and assume they're a grandfather and granddaughter going for a walk until there's a really awkward kiss I get a shiver up my spine.

70 and 20? From a government perspective sure, knock yourself out. From a "what were you thinking!?" perspective,.. You've got a 2 generation gap in addition to a cultural one. Going to go to a concert together? What about rock-climbing?

"My soul-mate was an 18 year old super model!" seems like you're looking for all the wrong things and perpetuates a negative stereotype. We're built to fall in love and many relationships can be real but I have to worry about any woman looking for an extremely elderly man.

I'm curious about the 50+ year old guys. I'm pretty sure some have children from a previous relationship. Would you be ok with your 20 year old daughter marrying a retired 60 year old?

The guy doing the whole daughter/wife thing? I don't even know where to start there..

As you can see from the comments, there are many relationships here where there is an age gap. I know many such people and they have happy marriages/relationships. OTOH I know many American marriages with a more "appropriate" age gap that are miserable and end in divorce.

When it comes to marriage and sex some people will judge based on differences in age, nationality, race, religion, politics, economic status, etc. The wise man and woman follow their hearts not whether some stranger says "ugh".

If you think it's creepy, then by all means don't do it.

As to differing musical tastes, the only issue my fiancé and I have,is not the generational gap, but the fact that I suck at karaoke.

As to rock climbing, my fiancé's never done it. Guess she'll have to learn to keep up :)

Edited by davenjanet

Timeline

What about rock climbing ? I wasn't interested in climbing a rock when I was 19 and nothing has changed in that dept.

Now doing a 1,000 miles on the motorcycle in a day... that can happen. Bring it on cupcake.... :lol:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I agree that 70 and 18 are a little out there, but who gives a $&@/. If their happy that's all that matters. My wifes parents had a 40 year age gap and they were both filipino.. Different culture and can't be compared to Americans views.

I have worked all over this world and America is the only place I see age being an issue with anyone. European's even have a larger age gap, then what American's think we should have!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.