RickJovi

Age gap difference in Philippines

72 posts in this topic

Michelle belongs to a Pinay support group and she was telling me that a CR-1 applicant that was a member of the group was denied a week or so ago specifically for their age difference and despite the large amount of evidence they had provided (in addition to actually being married!) The details were rather fuzzy (the guy was over 70 and she was under 30) but she definitely said the age difference was the reason for the denial. I'm sure there must have been something else involved in the denial but it is something to keep in mind.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would bet there is something else in the mix as well. The embassy thinking could well be towards old guy looking for a "care giver", or young Filipina scamming old guy. But that is just speculation on my part.

VJ is just an drop in the bucket compared to all that go through USEM.

Me, I was looking for a co-pilot! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

They made a mistake and sent in the I-129F with the embassy letter. This reminds me of a similar mistake USCIS made with me, when they sent back an original addendum I sent in, with the letter of receipt confirmation. I called and they asked me to send the addendum back.

What is particularly interesting about this mistake posted in here is that they let out of the bag what they do with large age gaps - confirming it is a red flag for them and that they write it in red ink on the front for the interviewing consular officer.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They made a mistake and sent in the I-129F with the embassy letter. This reminds me of a similar mistake USCIS made with me, when they sent back an original addendum I sent in, with the letter of receipt confirmation. I called and they asked me to send the addendum back.

What is particularly interesting about this mistake posted in here is that they let out of the bag what they do with large age gaps - confirming it is a red flag for them and that they write it in red ink on the front for the interviewing consular officer.

I think it's a case by case thing. We are 23 years apart. We did the interview June 11th, and age never came up in questioning by either consuls.

Just adding my 2 or 3 cents worth...she's already here!!

I think it's a case by case thing. We are 23 years apart. We did the interview June 11th, and age never came up in questioning by either consuls.

Just adding my 2 or 3 cents worth...she's already here!!

Theirs is 34. I think yours is a bit more common.

We also don't know if it was USCIS that wrote that in red ink or the Manila embassy.

barata-gif-3.gif

Age differences have always been a red flag, they are just easier to justify or dismiss with evidence. There does come a point though where a relationship is seriously suspicious when age differences, wealth, and how a couple met all come into perfect alignment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Someone who just passed the interview last week also got their I-129F along with the instruction letter and two brochures about Information on Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the US and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa. i was about to email the embassy about the letter.. UGH I think its really part of the package from the embassy

02/01/2013 I-129F Packet Sent
02/06/2013 Received by USCIS
02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
03/21/2013 NOA1 (hard copy)
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
06/10/2013 NOA2 (hard copy)
06/21/2013 MNL Case Number (hard copy)
07/04&05/2013 Medical Exam
08/01/2013 USEM Interview APPROVED!!!!
08/08/2013 VISA IN HAND!!
08/12/2013 CFO Class Seminar
09/09/2013 Departure

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

... make that a double eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww! I mentioned that post to my wife and that was her reaction, plus something about getting a divorce and finding a woman that is more age appropriate where you look at her as your wife... not a daughter.

(not quoting your post for a reason ;) )

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

She will be starting school in the fall.

... make that a double eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww! I mentioned that post to my wife and that was her reaction, plus something about getting a divorce and finding a woman that is more age appropriate where you look at her as your wife... not a daughter.

(not quoting your post for a reason wink.png )

Somebody needs a spanking!

I would bet there is something else in the mix as well. The embassy thinking could well be towards old guy looking for a "care giver", or young Filipina scamming old guy. But that is just speculation on my part.

VJ is just an drop in the bucket compared to all that go through USEM.

Me, I was looking for a co-pilot! good.gif

I bet you are right. In almost every case I have ever seen, when you dig something else is going on.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dude that was just wrong

Filed: Timeline

dude that was just wrong

Why? They look like little girls, They sound like little girls. They act like little girls. If you didn't want to marry a little girl, you should have married an American woman.

(inappropriate image has been removed - please do not stereotype)

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove offensive image with negative stereotype

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.