sonicgihad

NBI clearance and police certificate from singapore

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You NOA2 was not until the 29th... wait the 7-10 days before calling. Why be annoying...

I was just kid'n. Nah!!! I don't think I was annoying but I was very persistent and i got things done much faster than I could have if I just waited.

I've heard of people getting their MNL# in a couple days, I have to keep try'n! An extra day of waiting is just too long. You all know that. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was just kid'n. Nah!!! I don't think I was annoying but I was very persistent and i got things done much faster than I could have if I just waited.

I've heard of people getting their MNL# in a couple days, I have to keep try'n! An extra day of waiting is just too long. You all know that. :)

Our MNL # was released & packet sent the day before I had called. I was only in a hurry to get the number and get the interview scheduled so that I could book my flight over, after that its kick back and relax time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Here's the Complete info. (MOD, can you put this up top or make it a sticky?)

Important:

Make sure the request letter from the embassy states that "THE STATUTORY DECLARATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE" Without this line on the US Embassy request letter, an appeal would be necessary and I'm not even sure how you'd do that. I imagine you'd have to do that in persson. SO TO ELIMINATE THAT STEP, MAKE SURE THE STATEMENT IS ON THE LETTER!!!

1) Make sure a Manila Number has been issued by the NVC.

2) If possible, go to Window 38 at the US embassy in Manila if not,

email: IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

***Request for the consulate to issue a letter officially requesting the Singapore Police Force to release

a COC or certificate of Clearance. Make sure that the letter states that "A STATUTE OF

DECLARATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE". (It is important this statement is on the letter)

The US embassy can send this to you by Mail or by email.

3) Download the form and follow the instructions. Mail it to SG along with the letter from the consulate and

all the requirements of the COC.

www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

a) A set of applicant’s fingerprint impressions (ten prints). Applicants applying in

person will be fingerprinted at COC office at the time of application. For application

by post from overseas, the applicant must submit a set of his/her fingerprint

impressions taken by a qualified Fingerprint Officer at an authorised office of the

country he/she is now residing. (Just checking today if this can be done at the NBI)

b) A photocopy of applicant’s valid passport (showing particulars page).

c) Two recent passport-sized photographs.

d) Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government

bodies to establish that the certificate is required by such authority. All documents

are to be translated to English if written in other languages

Processing fee is S$45.00 per application. Payment can be made by cash, NETS, cash card, or

credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD) for walk-in application. Application sent by post (from

overseas) must be accompanied by a bank draft made payable to ‘Head Criminal Records

CID’ through a Singapore-based bank. In addition to the processing fee, a postage fee of

S$5.00 must be included in the payment (total S$50.00) if the COC is to be mailed. Payment

is non- refundable once the application is processed.

***Note about Payment: It can be from any bank from any country as long as it is valid in Singapore and in SG$!!!

4) SPF will take 10 working days to process and can only send the COC to the US Embassy in Manila or whichever

embassy requested it for non SG Permanent residents or citizens.

5) Check with the US Embassy Immigrant division if they have the COC. Once received, they will attach it to your file.

I hope this helps all of you in the same boat. I'll ask my fiancee to ask one of her friends to hand deliver the letter to SPF and pay the fee as well. We'll just send them money ahead of time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's the Complete info. (MOD, can you put this up top or make it a sticky?)

Important:

Make sure the request letter from the embassy states that "THE STATUTORY DECLARATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE" Without this line on the US Embassy request letter, an appeal would be necessary and I'm not even sure how you'd do that. I imagine you'd have to do that in persson. SO TO ELIMINATE THAT STEP, MAKE SURE THE STATEMENT IS ON THE LETTER!!!

1) Make sure a Manila Number has been issued by the NVC.

2) If possible, go to Window 38 at the US embassy in Manila if not,

email: IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

***Request for the consulate to issue a letter officially requesting the Singapore Police Force to release

a COC or certificate of Clearance. Make sure that the letter states that "A STATUTE OF

DECLARATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE". (It is important this statement is on the letter)

The US embassy can send this to you by Mail or by email.

3) Download the form and follow the instructions. Mail it to SG along with the letter from the consulate and

all the requirements of the COC.

www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

a) A set of applicant’s fingerprint impressions (ten prints). Applicants applying in

person will be fingerprinted at COC office at the time of application. For application

by post from overseas, the applicant must submit a set of his/her fingerprint

impressions taken by a qualified Fingerprint Officer at an authorised office of the

country he/she is now residing. (Just checking today if this can be done at the NBI)

b) A photocopy of applicant’s valid passport (showing particulars page).

c) Two recent passport-sized photographs.

d) Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government

bodies to establish that the certificate is required by such authority. All documents

are to be translated to English if written in other languages

Processing fee is S$45.00 per application. Payment can be made by cash, NETS, cash card, or

credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD) for walk-in application. Application sent by post (from

overseas) must be accompanied by a bank draft made payable to ‘Head Criminal Records

CID’ through a Singapore-based bank. In addition to the processing fee, a postage fee of

S$5.00 must be included in the payment (total S$50.00) if the COC is to be mailed. Payment

is non- refundable once the application is processed.

***Note about Payment: It can be from any bank from any country as long as it is valid in Singapore and in SG$!!!

4) SPF will take 10 working days to process and can only send the COC to the US Embassy in Manila or whichever

embassy requested it for non SG Permanent residents or citizens.

5) Check with the US Embassy Immigrant division if they have the COC. Once received, they will attach it to your file.

I hope this helps all of you in the same boat. I'll ask my fiancee to ask one of her friends to hand deliver the letter to SPF and pay the fee as well. We'll just send them money ahead of time.

Thank you! Its a big help! :-)

K1 Timeline

8/16/2011 - Mailed I-129F

8/19/2011 - I-129F Received at Dallas Lock Box

08/26/2011 - Received official I-797C Notice Of Action in Mail

03/09/2012 - NOA2

04/11/2012 - Medical - PASSED!

04/19/2012 - PRISM Counselling

04/24/2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

05/04/2012 - VISA on Hand yay!

05/11/2012 - POE -Detroit

Timeline

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE WE CAN GET FINGERPRINTED THAT WILL BE ACCEPTED BY FOREIGN AGENCIES?

Sorry for the caps! I'm just so darn frustrated! My fiancee needs to go back on April 2 to get her NBI clearance and the NBI will not do the fingerprint impressions that we could send to Singapore. She was told we need to get it from Manila at the DFA! I'n gonna call SPF again to see if they will accept one from a police station that doea police clearances.

Folks in the Philippines, can you help and inquire with local agencies?

Have you tried the local police station rather than NBI? The DOS website does say that prints taken at a local police authority will be accepted and while living overseas my husband and I were able to go to a local police station and have his prints taken for a foreign authority.

Timeline

Have you tried the local police station rather than NBI? The DOS website does say that prints taken at a local police authority will be accepted and while living overseas my husband and I were able to go to a local police station and have his prints taken for a foreign authority.

Thank you! She's going to the PD in Cebu when she gets off work and try to get it!

I'm so glad I'm stubborn cuz I called NVC a second time today and got our MNL#!

We're rock'n and roll'n now! Hell yeah!!!

Timeline

Crossing off steps 1 & 2. We're now putting together all the requirements for Singapore. Hopefully, we'll get the imprints today, the photos and passport copies should be easy.

I'll update out progress as we get it so that we can validate the steps.

Good luck to us!

Thank you! She's going to the PD in Cebu when she gets off work and try to get it!

I'm so glad I'm stubborn cuz I called NVC a second time today and got our MNL#!

We're rock'n and roll'n now! Hell yeah!!!

Sometimes it pays to be gahi ulo :)

Glad things seem to be coming together. Hopefully your fiancee will be able to get the fingerprints at the PD in Cebu.

Good luck at the interview!

Timeline

We got the imprints from the PD that issues Police clearances! If you're in Cebu, its the Camp Sotero on Gorordo Ave.

Just have to wait for the Us Embassy for the letter now!

Timeline

I received an email from the US Embassy 30 minutes ago with a Word Document requesting my fiancee to get the COC from the Singapore Police Force. The letter was unsigned so I guess I don't need to wait for a hard copy. We're sending all these to my fiancee's friend in Singapore tomorrow hopefully by express and hopefully filed by Wednesday and we're just gonna hope that the US embassy gets it back before Holy Week. We'll rock and roll the week after that.

What bothers me though is that they sent me an MS Word file with my fiancee's name address and case number and it was an editable file so nothing prevents anybody else from using this same file, changing the name address and case number to their's and sending it to Singapore eliminating the wait though it really just took 3 days. I ofcourse would never advise reusing it as there's too much of a risk.

Edited by sonicgihad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.