Sign in to follow this  
furble

nvcresearch@state.gov

8 posts in this topic

Well, we got our NOA2 Approved in just 1 week, but now 3 weeks later NVC still hasn't received anything even though the NOA2 has already made it's journey all the way here to Bali. The lady at NVC has now told me to scan and email a copy of my NOA2 and they will research it. Sounds like a the beginnings of a fiasco. So anyone got any stories about this, what to expect, etc... Unfortunately this situation isn't part of the NVC Shortcut wiki.

BTW, she said simply just scan it and email it, no subject line, nothing else in the email? Sounds wrong to me, although of course all the information will be in the letter anyway.

Put your NVC number or USCIS receipt number in the subject line.

You can fax it or email it.

This happens frequently

I think you are saying that you got NOA2 and you are just waiting for a NOA2 letter and case number?

Ask for a new NOA2 coy to be sent to you.

If your file is in Bali then do you have an interview? How do you know it is in Bali if NVC did not tell you?

Edited by togetherforever13

Well, we got our NOA2 Approved in just 1 week, but now 3 weeks later NVC still hasn't received anything even though the NOA2 has already made it's journey all the way here to Bali. The lady at NVC has now told me to scan and email a copy of my NOA2 and they will research it. Sounds like a the beginnings of a fiasco. So anyone got any stories about this, what to expect, etc... Unfortunately this situation isn't part of the NVC Shortcut wiki.

BTW, she said simply just scan it and email it, no subject line, nothing else in the email? Sounds wrong to me, although of course all the information will be in the letter anyway.

I've had to do that with our K-1 Visa. Don't have any experience with your type of visa.

Put your NVC number or USCIS receipt number in the subject line.

You can fax it or email it.

This happens frequently

I think you are saying that you got NOA2 and you are just waiting for a NOA2 letter and case number?

Ask for a new NOA2 coy to be sent to you.

If your file is in Bali then do you have an interview? How do you know it is in Bali if NVC did not tell you?

I got the NOA2 from USCIS. The date of our NOA2 was January 18th, and I just got the physical letter (NOA2/I-797) here in Bali a day or so ago. NVC still hasn't received anything from USCIS though. They managed to get a letter to me in Indonesia before they could get something to New Hampshire. So need NVC to recieve it so we can get a case number and all that good stuff.

I got the NOA2 from USCIS. The date of our NOA2 was January 18th, and I just got the physical letter (NOA2/I-797) here in Bali a day or so ago. NVC still hasn't received anything from USCIS though. They managed to get a letter to me in Indonesia before they could get something to New Hampshire. So need NVC to recieve it so we can get a case number and all that good stuff.

It's still early, we waited 7 1/2 weeks for USCIS to transfer our file to NVC. As I said, we're K-1- not marriage visa!

It's still early, we waited 7 1/2 weeks for USCIS to transfer our file to NVC. As I said, we're K-1- not marriage visa!

Geesh, they mailed me the NOA2 2 days after I got the email (I can see it on the postmark). Must be a different person that mails the rest of it to New Hampshire.

Mind you they also assured me that they would not be mailing anything outside the US to me, and yet they did. Will be happy when NVC receives it. I'm grateful for how fast they processed our case though so guess I can't complain, yet.

Call NVC

Ask if you are in AP?

Sometimes they do that to K1 people. So, I guess it is possible your file is being held for a few weeks for AP random checks.

Call everyday till you get a case number

and join a thread called

NVC: February thread. Saylin is the master of NVC and she can help with all your questions

Good Luck

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.