Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Perhaps you just had an unhelpful lady. I spoke to a young American chap named Bryan, and he volunteered the info saying "Oh I can see they sent out your Packet 3 on 24th July, so you sent the forms responding to Packet 3?".

Might be worth trying DOS again.

This is correct, my Fiance and I both got someone helpful when we called (at different times too) I would say try again :)

OK - I've dug out my 'packet 3' letter and de-personalized it. Obviously, the details about phoning the call center are no longer valid:

img102.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Perhaps you just had an unhelpful lady. I spoke to a young American chap named Bryan, and he volunteered the info saying "Oh I can see they sent out your Packet 3 on 24th July, so you sent the forms responding to Packet 3?".

Might be worth trying DOS again.

I was just about to ask... should i call again :(

I was just about to ask... should i call again sad.png

I would. I think you may have just got an unhelpful person. Most people there were very helpful to me.

Timeline

Thank GOD i called back and spoke to a guy (for some reason the ladies hate answering questions) he told me that package 3 was sent out on the 30th July. Little confuse why its not here yet... its 6/8

I was told to go on this https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb

No idea why

Here is mine, I got this July 11th 2013 (DOS said it was sent July 8th)

IMAG1492_1.jpg

Interesting. The only thing that has been changed is the removal of the paragraph about the payment via the 'extortion line'.

Thanks Anna AND TopoftheRock for showing us your packet 3 letters.

CnP we have the same dates, mine was supposedly sent out according to DOS on July 30 and here it is a week later and neither of us have anything. So, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Or at the very least by early next week as the Embassy is going to be receiving three sets of medical results from our appointments tomorrow morning.

Thank GOD i called back and spoke to a guy (for some reason the ladies hate answering questions) he told me that package 3 was sent out on the 30th July. Little confuse why its not here yet... its 6/8

I was told to go on this https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb

No idea why

CnP thats the new site for paying for the visas and nominating the Delivery hub where you want your passports delivered afterwards. (Or for paying £30 to have it delivered to your door)

I am wondering now if they've been fiddling with the wording on the Packet 3 letter to direct people to this new website and have been waiting for someone to sign off on it or something. Hence the delay. But they should know we're already two steps ahead of them!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

When was yours issued?

I guess were the unlucky ones... I keep checking the status on https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ website

It was issued on July 2nd, arrived July 3rd.

I must have been lucky enough to have just missed the mess that seems to have started. I'm getting a little worried about the interview date and Packet 4 though.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I sent an email inquiry from their website on July 30th 2013. I received this response today. I would try emailing since they do seem to reply somewhat fast... better than no reply. I hope this helps anyone with any questions. Our case was last touched on July 31st, 2013 prior to the new update on August 6th, 2013 today and I got this today at noon. I also called DOS stated Packet 3 being sent.

Your fiancé’s file was received in the Embassy on August 5th and a letter was sent to him on that same day regarding the next steps in his application. Your fiancé can expect to receive the letter in the next 3-5 days.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Embassy, London
CONS/CIU/GS

I only have a minute but you guys are going crazy here. Stop it. And I mean that in a kind way. :)

What DOS says-- remember they are speaking to the whole world, not just the exact procedure in London. You likely have figured out that each consulate has their own way of getting from A to B. DOS is a lso speaking to visa applicants for spouse, fiancé, brother, sister, students, tourists, clergy, work sponsored, and on and on. They may say "when you schedule your interview" but you know London doesn't let a K1 do that. Juarez does. Tourists and other non-immigrant do in many places. So don't hang on every word they say. It's generic at best if it is procedural.

If they see London has issued you a letter, you can count on that. London has issued a letter and entered that data into the worldwide DOS database. That is the only place it could come from. London entered it. Did they mail it? Did it get lost? Doesn't matter. London has issued a letter and knows about you. Carry on because you already know what comes next. You don't need the letter to tell you. Three similar versions are now in this thread.I'm sure this is said at the beginning of this thread somewhere.

CEAC--also worldwide and across many visa platforms, but few actual choices on what it can say. Not personalized to K1s London. Most visas are non-immigrant and it probably is designed more for them. Remember all the speculation waiting for the K1 about touches. But there was no way to find out specifically what each touch meant? Now you are going nuts trying to make a CEAC comment fit only your London K1 and make somebody tell you what happened for every touch. They aren't equipped to tell the world in person. It has never been easy to call the embassy. Some consulates answer the phone and hold your hand, but it's not the case for London. if DOS says "ask the embassy" that is generic. London doesn't want to give you a personal account.

Also consider the upheaval in London this past week. Maybe some of the staff who sends out letters got pulled to help with making the new system go live and mop up what didn't work so well. Maybe they can't get the new ones processed quite as quickly as last month. Maybe they have been overwhelmed with Additional calls and contacts this week by the people caught in the changeover. And 19 or so consulates worldwide are shut down. Perhaps London has security and contingency matters to also focus on that we are not aware of. It's a bad time to get a personal answer from London. Too many issues going on.

Ask DOS if London has sent a letter. If they have...full steam ahead. Then do you 3 things to get an interview. (detailed in post 6 of this thread.) Then sit back and wait for an interview letter. Once you know an interview go online through the "immigrant" section and pay the fee and do courier arrangements. Wait 3 weeks from when your last of three items arrived at the embassy before you panic.THEN start calling for details about did you get this and that after 3 weeks have passed and no interview.

I know you are so nervous and upset, but NOA2 petition approval didn't happen days or weeks after you sent it in. London doesn't process immediately either. Relax just a bit and give the wheels time to turn. They will.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Silly question but how may times has it changed?

2 x from transit stage... July 31st and Aug 6 showing ready. July 31st electronic notification case in London, August 6th Packet 3 sent out.

Timeline

I said that and the lady just brushed me off sad.png

Call again I called 2x to speak to 2 different people until I got a more detailed answer on the 2nd try the first one said it can take a month your packet is not there this was yesterday. Cliche in the system. 2nd call they have your case you should receive packet 3 at any moment. and today status changed confirmed packet 3 in the mail.

Just call as many times as you think you are getting the help and answer your looking for. Some of them are rude and short but I keep asking.

When they say call the Embassy, say I looked online and there was and update (give the date) I want to know what that means what is going on. They should tell you! :)

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

Timeline

Here is mine, I got this July 11th 2013 (DOS said it was sent July 8th)

IMAG1492_1.jpg

Okay so what I'm understanding is that we need to send these forms back to them and the checklist. And we also should make 3rd copies of all of these forms since on some of them they require 2.

The 3rd copies we should take to the interview, along with them receiving our Medical records before interview is scheduled.

The confusion I had was that DOS told me about having to take an invitation letter to the Medical this is incorrect based on what I see here....

Once we have this letter Packt 3 it is safe to say that the Medical is also okay to go? Our Packet 3 was sent out August 5th and his medical is for August 15th. Packet 4 I am guessing is the date of the interview... I'm guessing this is what DOS means of invitation letter?

Also I know there is the form with the barcode https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp DS-156. We should type it in press continue and this will upload all the information of my Fiance and I to their system with that barcode? Correct I didn't want to type everything in print it out and then find out none of the information stated in the system to generate code... lol

Thank you and sorry if I sound 0_o with all my questions...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.