David and Karen

Canadian/American Flag

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have this exact one. I bought it in the By Ward Market in Ottawa. If you happen to be from around here or know where that is. :whistle:

Nope....I'm in Brantford Ontario. :(

Did you try emailing grandflags.com to ask them if they have it or if they have it or if they make it? They are just outside of Elora.

Edited by Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Did you try emailing grandflags.com to ask them if they have it or if they make it?

I did. They replied, the only flag they make that is a combo is the CARE flag that was created after 9/11. That isn't the one we are looking for though. I have googled this and searched all over the net. Here seems to be where I can find people that actually have it but not where I can buy it. Acck!

Filed: Other Timeline

that's the flag I mentioned before, bought at dollar stores pretty much anywhere in Canada. Sharon and Zen found them in Montreal and suburbs, my Mum found them in Ajax, Ontario, and someone else has found them out in BC (can't remember who that was). I'm sure you'll find them somewhere. Most likely around the time of July 1st and July 4th holidays, but maybe at other times as well. Have a look around.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Yup!

My wife Sharon, (a long-time VJ member) got one several years ago to fly proudly at our wedding.

It now has a place of honor in our living room. :luv:

This is it:

44canamforevervm0.jpg

Yes!!! That is what I'm looking for!! Do you remember where she picked it up fish?

She bought it in a mall in Montreal where she lived before she came to the US.

It was at Carrefour Angrignon at a small junk shop named "Un Dollar ou Deux" (A Dollar or Two)

@(((<<<

Timeline
She bought it in a mall in Montreal where she lived before she came to the US.

It was at Carrefour Angrignon at a small junk shop named "Un Dollar ou Deux" (A Dollar or Two)

Hmm I will keep my eyes open for it. Thanks for the replies! :)

Filed: Timeline

OOoo you are close to where I lived. I lived in Brampton!

It's funny cause if you go on that grand flags website and click on US flags, they are veritcal with the stars on the right side... just thought it was funny cause of what Reba posted.... ok so bedtime lol.

Timeline

OOoo you are close to where I lived. I lived in Brampton!

It's funny cause if you go on that grand flags website and click on US flags, they are veritcal with the stars on the right side... just thought it was funny cause of what Reba posted.... ok so bedtime lol.

LoL I hadn't noticed. But I went back and had a look! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have about 10 of these. I ordered them from another VJ member about a year ago to bring with me. I've given out one so far to a CanAm couple. The rest will be for the future CanAm couples I meet along the way. At the time i think she had found them at a dollar store.

We have both the US and CDN flag hanging outside our house. :D

June 11,2010 - Phoenix received N400

June 22,2010 - Check cashed

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ROAD TRIP!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Timeline

To all who have had questions about flying the Canadian flag in the U.S.

As Canada is a friend and ally, flying the Canadian flag alone is perfectly fine. If some "patriot" objects, that's his problem. If the another nation's flag is flown with the U.S. flag, the 2 flags will be on separate staffs of equal height with the U.S. flag on the presenter's right, viewers' left. At no time will anything be attached to the U.S. flag, including the Canadian flag. These combo U.S./Canadian flags are illegal. All of this information is in the U.S. Flag Code.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.