Philippiniana2011

Cant find scheduled for KY naturalization ceremony

12 posts in this topic

Still waiting for my oath taking and its already 2 months since my interview..i passed my interview but still never heard from uscis. I will be going to my birth country for vacation this coming april and im afraid i will still have no oath taking before that,.my greencard still in my maiden name.my passport and other important id's are in my married name..My question is:

1. is there going to be a problems to enter back in the US with greencard on maiden name and passport and plane ticket on married name.Im afraid they would not allow me.

2.Is there anyone there from KY knows the scheduled of incoming oath ceremony or know who to contact for this matter?

i have zero idea.so i need your answer to this..thank

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Receipt Notice - Aug.23, 2011

Biometric -

Interview - Nov.15, 2011 (approved)

put for que for Oath taking online case status - January 24,2012

Received Oath letter from mail - Feb. 9, 2012

Oath taking ceremony - FEB. 24, 2012 and its my birthday...usa-flag.gifparty0003.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you look at many peoples timelines for the n-400 is between 4 to 6 months start to finish.do you have check status on line case number to check your status after the interview, try calling the 1-800 number to see if your oath notice was mailed to you it should be 45 days after the interview,lets keep fingers crossed this week. you shoud have it before april,unless there is a problem, you can traval internationly on your ten year permanent resident card you must purchest the airline tickets in the SAME NAME THATS ON YOUR PASSPORT IT MUST MATCH,MADIED NAME. and coming back to the u.s you use your green card at the poe.no problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes you can find out Naturalization Oath ceremonies in or around Louisville by checking court calender.

http://www.kywd.uscourts.gov

http://www.kyed.uscourts.gov

Also would you please let me know how was your Interview experience. I am going to have my interview at Louisville next month.

N-400 Naturalization

11/07/2011 - Mailed

11/15/2011 - Check Cashed

11/18/2011 - NOA Received in Mail

12/02/2011 - Biometrics Done

12/27/2011 - Yellow Letter Received

02/21/2012 - Interview Letter Recieved

03/22/2012 - Interview

05/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony

If your greencard and passport don't match bring your mariage cert with you when you travel to prove name change. It won't be an issue. I think it is better if the ticket is in your passport name but I have heard of people whose ticket matched their greencard and it was ok. You can call the airline you have your ticket booked with just to check.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you can find out Naturalization Oath ceremonies in or around Louisville by checking court calender.

http://www.kywd.uscourts.gov

http://www.kyed.uscourts.gov

Also would you please let me know how was your Interview experience. I am going to have my interview at Louisville next month.

Thanks for the info..i just found out that there having one on Feb. 3 at louisville. Im hoping for an oath letter from the mail this week maybe i can be on that oath..i will just cross my finger.

About the interview first dont feel nervous. The lady officer was so nice to me.. i already forgot what are the questions she asked me. but there all pretty easy. Just study the 100 questioner and dont pressure ur self to much. I am positive u will answer all the question.

Edited by Philippiniana2011

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

Oath taking ceremony - FEB. 24, 2012 and its my birthday...usa-flag.gifparty0003.gif

Just check my case status online and this is what i see:

Oath Ceremony

On January 24, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

Thanks God it means i will be on the list of people for sure will getting in ceremony soon.

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

• 2 weeks later...

Long wait is over. I finally received today the letter i been waiting..my oath taking ceremony schedule. And its happening on the day of my birthday..Feb.24, 2012..

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

Long wait is over. I finally received today the letter i been waiting..my oath taking ceremony schedule. And its happening on the day of my birthday..Feb.24, 2012..

Congrats! Feb. 24th is a good day for a birthday and an oath ceremony :D

Congrats! Feb. 24th is a good day for a birthday and an oath ceremony :D

Thanks Beejay.. hope for your fast processing..mine takes a while compare to others, 6 months i guess sound fair but i been waiting for, it thats why it feels ages.. :P . but every states are different. Good Luck...

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

Thanks Beejay.. hope for your fast processing..mine takes a while compare to others, 6 months i guess sound fair but i been waiting for, it thats why it feels ages.. :P . but every states are different. Good Luck...

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comments.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.