Lena and Igor

Siberia to Separate from Russia to become Part of the USA

50 posts in this topic

you know they say that southern people are the best kind, but let me tell you, after all this time, i can't stand southern food.. i hate corn bread and gravy and mustard greens.. yuck

I'l second that! I dated a gal from Southwest Virginia (Panhandle/Saltville), and I wasn't into that food at all. Beef, pork, fish ftw..ok chinese, italian, an mexican food rocks...and that Cajun stuff taste pretty good. But that stuff you just named off...the hard core southern food...no way!

You should move up north. :thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'l second that! I dated a gal from Southwest Virginia (Panhandle/Saltville), and I wasn't into that food at all. Beef, pork, fish ftw..ok chinese, italian, an mexican food rocks...and that Cajun stuff taste pretty good. But that stuff you just named off...the hard core southern food...no way!

You should move up north. :thumbs:

nah i like living here in a mild climate, however i wouldn't mind taking a cruise up to Alaska.. but im afraid im gonna be disappointed because it will look just like Magadan, only people speak english ahaha.

ive never had cajun, but i'm dying to try some, also, hardcore ppl from LA talk funny, dont they?

event.png

nah i like living here in a mild climate, however i wouldn't mind taking a cruise up to Alaska.. but im afraid im gonna be disappointed because it will look just like Magadan, only people speak english ahaha.

ive never had cajun, but i'm dying to try some, also, hardcore ppl from LA talk funny, dont they?

If you ever get the chance you should make that trip. Scenery/nature wise it looks a lot like the Magadan area, but that's as far as it goes unless things in Magadan have changed since I was there. Anchorage is modern, lots of new housing tracts, stores, etc and the roads and freeways are in good shape. Magadan was looking a bit run down when I was there...that was ten years ago, and only a short time, but from what Iv'e heard Eastern Russia isn't in good shape. Eastern Russia provides the gas, oil, minerals, trees, etc... and they get nothing from the Kremlin in return. It sucks.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you ever get the chance you should make that trip. Scenery/nature wise it looks a lot like the Magadan area, but that's as far as it goes unless things in Magadan have changed since I was there. Anchorage is modern, lots of new housing tracts, stores, etc and the roads and freeways are in good shape. Magadan was looking a bit run down when I was there...that was ten years ago, and only a short time, but from what Iv'e heard Eastern Russia isn't in good shape. Eastern Russia provides the gas, oil, minerals, trees, etc... and they get nothing from the Kremlin in return. It sucks.

i haven/t been there in so long, but from the pictures and from people have told me, sounds like Magadan is doing great and looks modern... i'll let you know when we go there to visit summer 2013! my husband thinks that people will automatically hate him because he's american... but that's not true lol

event.png

i haven/t been there in so long, but from the pictures and from people have told me, sounds like Magadan is doing great and looks modern... i'll let you know when we go there to visit summer 2013! my husband thinks that people will automatically hate him because he's american... but that's not true lol

I'm glad to hear it's doing good now. :) And tell your husband the only Russians that might not be so nice are the old Soviet loving babushkas, but they warm up as soon as you give them a smile and say "privet"...well some anyways. Also be careful if your husband goes to the store alone...some of the women there have a habit of preying on poor ol unsuspecting American men. :devil:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.