Lena and Igor

Siberia to Separate from Russia to become Part of the USA

50 posts in this topic

ha i didn't wanna say anything about civilization, i didnt wanna be rude, but hey, i live in SE KY.. it's not very civilized either, but we do have Walmart lol. especially comparing to magadan, it's a huge city comparing to our little town here.

thats crazy that you know sarah palin ahah, where we live, it's a total bible belt, so most of the people are republicans and they loooove her :S

Sarah is either super smart (making money) or a complete idiot. I think she's a little of both. She uses her popularity to make money, but when it comes to politics she's an idiot. I'm no Palin fan by a long shot. Every time I see her on TV I start to think about the time she was ripped of her ####### and participated in a wet t-shirt contest at the Call of the Wild Bar in Big Lake...this was back in the early 80's.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sarah is either super smart (making money) or a complete idiot. I think she's a little of both. She uses her popularity to make money, but when it comes to politics she's an idiot. I'm no Palin fan by a long shot. Every time I see her on TV I start to think about the time she was ripped of her ####### and participated in a wet t-shirt contest at the Call of the Wild Bar in Big Lake...this was back in the early 80's.

geez where were you and your black mail when she was running for a VP? haha

event.png

geez where were you and your black mail when she was running for a VP? haha

It's my one claim to fame in life...seeing Sarah's tits a long with everyone else in the bar that night. :lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

It's my one claim to fame in life...seeing Sarah's tits a long with everyone else in the bar that night. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

how is her husband? is it true that they were supposed to be getting a divorce and stuff?

event.png

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

how is her husband? is it true that they were supposed to be getting a divorce and stuff?

Not sure about the story on that one. I know Blanche...Sarah's mother in law had the kids here in Dillingham this summer for close to a month so I'm thinking something is up or was. Those kids get pretty bored here so it's not often you seem them come to visit their grandparents here. Blanche and George (Todd's step dad) keep a condo in Anchorage so they usually go there to visit and not the other way around.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Not sure about the story on that one. I know Blanche...Sarah's mother in law had the kids here in Dillingham this summer for close to a month so I'm thinking something is up or was. Those kids get pretty bored here so it's not often you seem them come to visit their grandparents here. Blanche and George (Todd's step dad) keep a condo in Anchorage so they usually go there to visit and not the other way around.

geez it's like mexican soap opera or something.. i remember sometime after the show on TLC was over, willow was under the heat of smoking weed and drinking.. that's probably why they are in the middle of nowhere with their grandparents...

according to that show, btw, alaskans use private owned airplanes to go everywhere.. is that so, or that just applies to sarah palin?

event.png

geez it's like mexican soap opera or something.. i remember sometime after the show on TLC was over, willow was under the heat of smoking weed and drinking.. that's probably why they are in the middle of nowhere with their grandparents...

according to that show, btw, alaskans use private owned airplanes to go everywhere.. is that so, or that just applies to sarah palin?

A lot of people here have their own plane...most don't, but everyone here has at least a friend or two that owns a plane and that's how a lot us go to one village to another. Anchorage has the two largest small plane airports in the world, and here in Dillingham we have two small plane airports (air strips more like it) a long with a a bunch of float plane lakes...floats in the summer and we use ski's on those planes in the winter. It's a quick and easy way to get around seeing how the nearest village here is over an hour by snow machine (snow mobile to you). We have no roads out, and no roads in. Barge service in the summer months when the sea ice is gone, otherwise it's fly in only. It's like that for most of Alaska other than the road system (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Wasilla, Kenai, Seward, etc..)

I have a few war stories with small planes, but my wife does a lot more flying than I do by far. She does dental work and a lot of times she fly's out to the more remote villages for a week to two at a time. She does this about a half dozen times or more during the winter. Summer months are for fishing so no flying then....all the natives are substance and/or commercial fishing during the summer months.

That's my wife there getting ready to fly to some village last winter with the dental team. The planes here are for the most part Cessna's with a few of the richer folk owning Beavers and Otters.

dsc00061smallz.jpg

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

A lot of people here have their own plane...most don't, but everyone here has at least a friend or two that owns a plane and that's how a lot us go to one village to another. Anchorage has the two largest small plane airports in the world, and here in Dillingham we have two small plane airports (air strips more like it) a long with a a bunch of float plane lakes...floats in the summer and we use ski's on those planes in the winter. It's a quick and easy way to get around seeing how the nearest village here is over an hour by snow machine (snow mobile to you). We have no roads out, and no roads in. Barge service in the summer months when the sea ice is gone, otherwise it's fly in only. It's like that for most of Alaska other than the road system (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Wasilla, Kenai, Seward, etc..)

I have a few war stories with small planes, but my wife does a lot more flying than I do by far. She does dental work and a lot of times she fly's out to the more remote villages for a week to two at a time. She does this about a half dozen times or more during the winter. Summer months are for fishing so no flying then....all the natives are substance and/or commercial fishing during the summer months.

That's my wife there getting ready to fly to some village last winter with the dental team. The planes here are for the most part Cessna's with a few of the richer folk owning Beavers and Otters.

dsc00061smallz.jpg

wow it's so different from how we live down here.. everyone travels by a car.. down here, the distance in measured in hours ahaha.

have you all ever thought of moving down to the lower 48? i bet your wife had to take some time to readjust from living in Belarus to living in a small settlement in Alaska.

event.png

wow it's so different from how we live down here.. everyone travels by a car.. down here, the distance in measured in hours ahaha.

have you all ever thought of moving down to the lower 48? i bet your wife had to take some time to readjust from living in Belarus to living in a small settlement in Alaska.

Other than a five hour layover in Chicago where my wife had to take a few taxi's in order to pick up her cat from customs, she's never seen the lower 48...and I never hear the end of it. I promised her a trip to Seattle this summer.

I didn't move to Alaska until I was 17..from Washington State. I moved back down there for five and a half years hanging iron during the late 90's and I didn't like it. Too many people, traffic and crime. She hates it here but she knows were moving to Big Lake / Wasilla next winter when she's finished with her contract. We have a house being built there and she likes it over there. Walmart, movie theatres, fast internet, Home Depot, Nordstrom, JC Penney, etc... Anchorage has like 300,000 people, Wasilla and surrounding area's have well over 70,000 people and Anchorage is only an hour and a half drive from where we will be living. This village is a dump compared to Minsk, but Wasilla and Anchorage have it all over Belarus a 100x's more.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Other than a five hour layover in Chicago where my wife had to take a few taxi's in order to pick up her cat from customs, she's never seen the lower 48...and I never hear the end of it. I promised her a trip to Seattle this summer.

I didn't move to Alaska until I was 17..from Washington State. I moved back down there for five and a half years hanging iron during the late 90's and I didn't like it. Too many people, traffic and crime. She hates it here but she knows were moving to Big Lake / Wasilla next winter when she's finished with her contract. We have a house being built there and she likes it over there. Walmart, movie theatres, fast internet, Home Depot, Nordstrom, JC Penney, etc... Anchorage has like 300,000 people, Wasilla and surrounding area's have well over 70,000 people and Anchorage is only an hour and a half drive from where we will be living. This village is a dump compared to Minsk, but Wasilla and Anchorage have it all over Belarus a 100x's more.

well she must love you a lot if she's willing to live there.. though you know, as much as i love kentucky, i hate living here (in my town i mean) and my husband and i are planning on moving somewhere warmer after im done with school and we are financially more stable... the bad thing about living here is that there are druggies and welfare idiots on every corner.. and on top of that, they are planning on making our county wet, so it's untelling what our little town is gonna turn into..

there are churches on every corner here and people are either very religious or are total low-lives. but for now this will do.

event.png

well she must love you a lot if she's willing to live there.. though you know, as much as i love kentucky, i hate living here (in my town i mean) and my husband and i are planning on moving somewhere warmer after im done with school and we are financially more stable... the bad thing about living here is that there are druggies and welfare idiots on every corner.. and on top of that, they are planning on making our county wet, so it's untelling what our little town is gonna turn into..

there are churches on every corner here and people are either very religious or are total low-lives. but for now this will do.

Were both to blame for living out here in this ####### hole. When the economy tanked a few years back hundreds of us got laid off in the oil patch (Prudhoe Bay), so I took a one year contract out here as a maintenance foreman. When she arrived and my year was up 8 mos. later she had already signed a one year contract with the hospital (without telling me). When her year was about up and we were ready to move to civilization the hospital offered her free classes via the university, a better position and a raise if she signed on for another year. I have a bad feeling they will pull that ####### again, but she can't really pass it up. She was a veterinarian in Belarus and she likes the medical field, and if this were to come out of our pocket...the schooling that is, it would run us $25,000 or more. That and she has a job waiting for her at the new Alaska Native medical clinic they are building in Wasilla atm. So she can blame herself for these last two years here. :hehe:

It must be weird for you living in the bible belt eh? I mean I couldn't imagine it myself. I like my beer, dancing, and night life too much for that. Where you moving next...Lexington or Louisville or further south?

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Were both to blame for living out here in this ####### hole. When the economy tanked a few years back hundreds of us got laid off in the oil patch (Prudhoe Bay), so I took a one year contract out here as a maintenance foreman. When she arrived and my year was up 8 mos. later she had already signed a one year contract with the hospital (without telling me). When her year was about up and we were ready to move to civilization the hospital offered her free classes via the university, a better position and a raise if she signed on for another year. I have a bad feeling they will pull that ####### again, but she can't really pass it up. She was a veterinarian in Belarus and she likes the medical field, and if this were to come out of our pocket...the schooling that is, it would run us $25,000 or more. That and she has a job waiting for her at the new Alaska Native medical clinic they are building in Wasilla atm. So she can blame herself for these last two years here. :hehe:

It must be weird for you living in the bible belt eh? I mean I couldn't imagine it myself. I like my beer, dancing, and night life too much for that. Where you moving next...Lexington or Louisville or further south?

im so used to this, it's my home now.. though ive overstayed (not-intentionally), it became my primary home, and especially now that i'm married, my husband is here, so i'm here to stay lol.. though the other day he said if something was to happen and they wouldn't approve me (which is highly unlikely), he would move to Russia with me lol.. i was like okay, we'll see about that. When i moved here, i was 15, so even back home i never knew what's this "night life" is all about, and we don't have anything exciting here, so i am yet to find out. though i got shwasted off 2 glasses of wine this New Year eve, so i'm not sure i can handle a night life ahaha. my husband keeps telling everyone that he outdrank a Russian, but i was like, i dont have much experience! it's not like they feed us vodka instead of formula at a young age lmao.

i dont know where we are gonna move, but to a different state, that's for sure, though those are our long-term goals, im looking forward to it.. i wouldnt mind living somewhere like south carolina, but my husband thinks that they have hurricane katrinas there everyday ahaha.

it must suck living in the middle of nowhere though, i love me some walmart ahaha, idk how yall do it without one!

Edited by MariyaB

event.png

im so used to this, it's my home now.. though ive overstayed (not-intentionally), it became my primary home, and especially now that i'm married, my husband is here, so i'm here to stay lol.. though the other day he said if something was to happen and they wouldn't approve me (which is highly unlikely), he would move to Russia with me lol.. i was like okay, we'll see about that. When i moved here, i was 15, so even back home i never knew what's this "night life" is all about, and we don't have anything exciting here, so i am yet to find out. though i got shwasted off 2 glasses of wine this New Year eve, so i'm not sure i can handle a night life ahaha. my husband keeps telling everyone that he outdrank a Russian, but i was like, i dont have much experience! it's not like they feed us vodka instead of formula at a young age lmao.

i dont know where we are gonna move, but to a different state, that's for sure, though those are our long-term goals, im looking forward to it.. i wouldnt mind living somewhere like south carolina, but my husband thinks that they have hurricane katrinas there everyday ahaha.

it must suck living in the middle of nowhere though, i love me some walmart ahaha, idk how yall do it without one!

I can see your husbands point in regards to hurricanes. I saw some of those vids on news and screw all that. They showed houses floating out to sea. And the heat...and insect... :unsure:

OMG woman...you went southern! :blink: And ya, your the first Russian Iv'e ever heard of being out drank by an American. Now that's a first. :D

We will be within a 35 - 40 min. drive of a Super Walmart as soon as we get out of here. B-)

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

I can see your husbands point in regards to hurricanes. I saw some of those vids on news and screw all that. They showed houses floating out to sea. And the heat...and insect... :unsure:

OMG woman...you went southern! :blink: And ya, your the first Russian Iv'e ever heard of being out drank by an American. Now that's a first. :D

We will be within a 35 - 40 min. drive of a Super Walmart as soon as we get out of here. B-)

haha i told you, i've lived here since 2005, i don't know any different. i just can't wait to actually start my life and work and all that good stuff.. i met my husband when i was about to leave and we started dating and i just couldn't bring myself up to leave.. so 4 years later we finally got married and i'm so looking forward to beinh a fully functioning member of society lol.

event.png

Timeline

you know they say that southern people are the best kind, but let me tell you, after all this time, i can't stand southern food.. i hate corn bread and gravy and mustard greens.. yuck

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.